Renew full passbook bank of Bangkok Bank, on other province branch ? Possible or not

My passbook bank saving account, is already almost full, I've been at Mega Bangna, to the Bangkok Bank, to asking renew of the passbook, they told me that I need go where is my Bangkok Bank. So, I've opened it in Pattaya Central, well, I don't want go to Pattaya just for renew a passbook.

Is it right that can only renew where the Bangkok Bank are located our bank account or it's just not true, and they're lazy ? I would like go to avoid a long trip to Pattaya just for this.

I remembered far ago, when I was with Kasikorn, the another branch renew it without problem, so maybe is different with BBK

What about the main office of Bangkok Bank in Silom, may they renew it ?

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Bangkok Bank savings account book renewal at account holding branch only.

Ditto ATM card. Recently lost mine. Now live in Petchabun but the bank here told me I have to get a replacement from the branch I opened the account at which is in Bangkok.

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

If it's an issue, just open a new bank account at a convenient branch and transfer the money.

That was my idea too. Bangkok bank in Petchabun said no problem.

However, when they started doing the paperwork it was found that my Bangkok account was opened using my old passport and obviously the number on the new one didn't match.

So.....again , they said go back to your original bank and notify them of the passport number change then once they have updated it I can open the new account in Petchabun.

So....still a trip the Bangkok involved. 4 hours each way.

57 minutes ago, Denim said:

That was my idea too. Bangkok bank in Petchabun said no problem.

However, when they started doing the paperwork it was found that my Bangkok account was opened using my old passport and obviously the number on the new one didn't match.

So.....again , they said go back to your original bank and notify them of the passport number change then once they have updated it I can open the new account in Petchabun.

So....still a trip the Bangkok involved. 4 hours each way.

That's ridiculous.

Just open an account with a different bank - one that doesn't know your old passport number.

55 minutes ago, Oxx said:

That's ridiculous.

Just open an account with a different bank - one that doesn't know your old passport number.

Yep .....but a different bank I tried ( Kasikorn )  wanted to see a work permit which as a retired person I don't have.

Anyways ......I can get money out of my Bangkok Bank account  in Petchabun using my pass book but they charge 30 baht for the privilege as it's outside Bangkok.

Ah well.....not urgent. Will wait until I have other business in Bangkok and do the change then. Hope I still get the free Chelsea T shirt with the new ATM card although I will probably too late for that promo.