Cries go unheeded as pretty Soi Cowboy waitress found strangled and battered in nearby building

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very sad story. a thai soi cowboy bar manager once told me most of the girls there have thai boyfriends of the motorbike taxi driver level.  water seeks its own level but noone deserves to die for it.

probably the girls do give them money .

maybe the girl in this story decided to stop giving the guy money? dont know.

3 hours ago, Orac said:

Possibly migrant workers without proper paperwork maybe?

Sounds the most likely scenario. More Burmese than Thai working in construction these days. Many without work permits. Not unknown for them to be banged-up for stuff they didn't do, eh?

3 hours ago, PattayaAngel said:

Could be but they could tell their 'Boss' or just make an anonymous phone call?   it's so depressing   

Unsupervised, no cell phone, language issues, etc..

4 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

What is the moral legacy of the Catherine "Kitty" Genovese murder, 50 years later? ...

More like what is the relevance?

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" They had heard her cries for help as an argument ensued but no one dared intervene."

yes but a 10 on 1 fight can be easily arranged but no one can get together to go help a woman screaming for help.

Cowardly filth.

RIP young woman.

and execute the boyfriend.

Next case.

You want to execute him based on a report from the Thai police as reported on thaivisa?  Any time they "investigate" I assume it's a cover up.  And the fact checking of thaivisa is probably negligible.  

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Sounds the most likely scenario. More Burmese than Thai working in construction these days. Many without work permits. Not unknown for them to be banged-up for stuff they didn't do, eh?

Unsupervised, no cell phone, language issues, etc..

More like what is the relevance?

The relevance is that a poster was claiming that Thais have sunk to a new low by not helping the young woman.  My response was not intended to vilify America but to enlighten the poster that this phenomena is not unique to Thailand.

In the future I will make may analogy much, much simpler so you can see the connection.

sorry im still on about the last headline '' Haunting video , ex soldier and thai prostitute''..crap...this headline is clearly more subtle ,giving the ''headline reader''enough information to either read on or pas it by,without disrespecting the poor woman...rip young woman

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

They had heard her cries for help as an argument ensued but no one dared intervene.

That says all that needs to be said. Shameful, cowardly but expected in a country where the abuse of women is accepted and encouraged by far too many men.

Jeez...that says it all.  .Like women in other well familiar countries are not abused?...Well, ..what have I been watching and listening to for the past month, almost  24 hrs.a day from the "Me Too" group....and, may I add, not only accusing the ordinary "Joe Soaps" of this world....but from those at the very top, to all the way down and everything in between....give me a break please!

2 minutes ago, mok199 said:

sorry im still on about the last headline '' Haunting video , ex soldier and thai prostitute''..crap...this headline is clearly more subtle ,giving the ''headline reader''enough information to either read on or pas it by,without disrespecting the poor woman...rip young woman

There is no evidence that this woman was a prostitute though , although she probably was , the woman from the other story was quite clearly a prostitute 

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

They had heard her cries for help as an argument ensued but no one dared intervene.

That says all that needs to be said. Shameful, cowardly but expected in a country where the abuse of women is accepted and encouraged by far too many men.

Jeez...that says it all.  .Like women in other well familiar countries are not abused?...Well, ..what have I been watching and listening to for the past month, almost  24 hrs.a day from the "Me Too" group....and, may I add, not only accusing the ordinary "Joe Soaps" of this world....but from those at the very top, to all the way down and everything in between....give me a break please!

38 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

Do you generalize much? Every country in the world has such crime cases. Your own country may have even more.

I think you need to get either a life or go back under the stone you came from. I guess in your mind these things dint matter and yes they do happen in other countries but that dies not make it right.

yes, as above, its probably not so wise to intervene{call the police though} in this country, you would soon be outnumbered by unintelligent thugs. life is so cheap to these people and the corrupt police and laws dont help to deter this type of behaviour...

22 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

The relevance is that a poster was claiming that Thais have sunk to a new low by not helping the young woman.  My response was not intended to vilify America but to enlighten the poster that this phenomena is not unique to Thailand.

In the future I will make may analogy much, much simpler so you can see the connection.

Thanks for coming back with the idiots guide explanation.

I would suggest less arcane arguments as I am fairly sure your most agreeable and well intended riposte to the Thai bashers missed that mark as well.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" They had heard her cries for help as an argument ensued but no one dared intervene."

yes but a 10 on 1 fight can be easily arranged but no one can get together to go help a woman screaming for help.

Cowardly filth.

RIP young woman.

and execute the boyfriend.

Next case.

Too true
Its my pet hate about Thais. Thus, being their spineless stance on beating defenseless people albeit a woman or thuggery in numbers against a single farang. They're infamous around the Planet for their cowardice. I really couldn't care-less who's gonna give us figures on other countries when we're discussing Thailand. 

R.I.P

2 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Twice I've intervened in Thailand. Once in the apartment next door to mine in Sukhumvit when I went and knocked on the door and asked if all were ok. Girl left and ran away, guy threatened me but moved out of the building 2 days later. Thai v Thai. 

Once in the street on Suk Road when a young farang guy was threatening abd slapping his Thai girlfriend on a long walk down from Soi 4 all the way to Asoke. I simply followed and then intervened when he started blocking her and then slapping her. He told me to <deleted> off etc etc but eventually he let her go and she bolted to the BTS. An American guy got my back when the young guy looked like he might get physical. 

Obviously one needs to exercise some discretion but doing nothing when a fellow human is being physically assaulted isn't an option IMO.  

It would be great if more people would stand up for those who can't help themselves. I cannot drive away when there's an accident with injured victims, no matter what others are doing.

And I won't look away if somebody's screaming for his life.

It's a sad world where dead people in apartments are only found because of the bad smell for the neighbors.

Somebody must have heard the calls for help and not calling the cops, or trying anything else, really sukcs. This kind of Thainess isn't something they can be proud of. 

RIP my condolences to the relatives and friends. 

Edited by jenny2017

35 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I am not being rude, but I have no idea as to what you are trying to say

2 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Twice I've intervened in Thailand. Once in the apartment next door to mine in Sukhumvit when I went and knocked on the door and asked if all were ok. Girl left and ran away, guy threatened me but moved out of the building 2 days later. Thai v Thai. 

Once in the street on Suk Road when a young farang guy was threatening abd slapping his Thai girlfriend on a long walk down from Soi 4 all the way to Asoke. I simply followed and then intervened when he started blocking her and then slapping her. He told me to <deleted> off etc etc but eventually he let her go and she bolted to the BTS. An American guy got my back when the young guy looked like he might get physical. 

Obviously one needs to exercise some discretion but doing nothing when a fellow human is being physically assaulted isn't an option IMO.  

Glad you intervened and it worked out well for the girls. But if you had been killed or severely injured a bunch of TVF posts would have posted how dumb you were to intervene —— some of the same guys that are posting their are outrage that no one intervened in this case. We all answer that little voice when danger appears and easy to criticize others when a bad result occurs. Hindsight is 20/20. 

Edited by Wake Up

1 hour ago, Adeeos said:

So the construction workers, being one floor under the screaming, pleading for help, didn't think to gather several together, and at the very minimum, stick their heads up stairs to see what the hell was going on?,,, I'm assuming she was screaming HELP, HELP ME in Thai,, and also assume those right below her, speak/understand Thai also?... to think that not ONE of them looked into it, or at the VERY LEAST called the police is SAD!.. So the guy murdered her,, screaming stopped, he walked away, and those below below didn't look into it until the next morning, and that's "OK" in your book?

Nowhere did I say it was OK. What I did say is that I do not get involved in domestics.

You do however raise a point in your scenario if she was screaming help me, help me, then that would be different. But I have never come across an instance of that happening. And again, is this what happened?

The point of my post was that not everything turns out the way our egos would like it to. And, through experience, it is normally the ones that talk the talk, that when the chips are down can't walk the walk.

I normally don't defend them but why bring Thais into this one.  Pimps all over the world from Soho to Amsterdam to New York etc.., etc.., have been doing this for years and years.  Nothing new.

I don't like it but it is not new.

6 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

What is the moral legacy of the Catherine "Kitty" Genovese murder, 50 years later? It was back on March 13, 1964 at 3 am that petite 28-year-old Kitty repeatedly screamed for her life when she was brutally attacked on her way home, but none of the reported 38 neighbors who heard Kitty's screams so much as phoned the police, as the psychopath brutally sliced Kitty to death in two attacks over an excruciating half-hour.

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/not-just-bystander/201403/the-1964-kitty-genovese-tragedy-what-have-we-learned

"That says all that needs to be said"..... Thailand is where America was 53 years ago.  

Actually I think your post illustrates that it is not about societies decline and that such cases are not affected by timelines.

In the late seventies I was visiting Manhattan and we were warned that it was a dangerous place and that people could be shot in the street and others would just walk on by.  Sure enough the second day there we saw a bag snatcher knock a woman to the ground and run off with her handbag.  But rather than just ignoring it two or three people chased the scum and brought him down.  The lady was helped to her feet and re-united with her hand bag and the thief was held until the police arrived.  There are always stories that contradict the perceptions.