The Pintsman Pub on Silom is Closed?

yimlitnoy

I went to The Pintsman Pub on Silom Road to reserve a table for Christmas, New Year 2018 and their fifth Anniverary soon on 17 Jan.  There are no signs on the premises to indicate why it is closed and huge chains have been rolled over each door.  The O'Reilly also on Silom road has been demolished, anyone knows why all those excellent bars are being closed or destroyed?  Also the fine excellent Hemingway Bar on Sukhumvit is gone and the white Swan had to move to an adjacent Soi along massages parlors.

Is it a new Bangkok policy to direct tourists towards prostitutes den like Patpong, Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza?  By the way Thaivisa announced today that one waitress was killed today on Soi Cowboy and dragged in a nearby building. 

What is happening to our quiet and affordable bars with newspapers to read, good Thai secretaries customers and sports on TV to enjoy in this business District on Silom Road?

Edited by yimlitnoy

Probably because they  did not pay their bills that is usually the reason why chains get rolled over the doors. This is not Bangkok policy at all your being melodramatic, probably just not profitable enough or the rent was increased and they did not want to pay. 

Anyone knows where to drink a cold pint at affordable price (100THB-120THB) on Sukhumvit or Silom, before 9 PM in a clean environment like Hemingway was?  I cannot afford the beer in Thailand anymore, overprice compare to Vietnam and Cambodia.

3 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

Anyone knows where to drink a cold pint at affordable price (100THB-120THB) on Sukhumvit or Silom, before 9 PM in a clean environment like Hemingway was?  I cannot afford the beer in Thailand anymore, overprice compare to Vietnam and Cambodia.

The Kiwi, The Robin Hood, Loads of the expat pubs have a happy hour, which is less than 100 baht a pint. 

Each of these venues would have been closed for its own reason.  Maybe not profitable (rents are crazy high in Bangkok), maybe the lease ran out and it was developed in to something else.

In the case of Hemingway's closing, it was because the lease ran out and the land is to be redeveloped (condo?  hotel?).

I think there's a lot more pubs in Bangkok now than there used to be.  At the same time it's always sad to see old favourites close their doors.

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Can't close 'em fast enough, in my opinion; ghastly ersatz pubs selling disgusting local and overpriced foreign beer. 

Yuu dont have to go u can stay at home and moan to yourself and drink your cheap beer from some where .

others like pubs  

20 hours ago, yimlitnoy said:

This could be one reason for the pubs you mention to close.  Happy hour customers who disappear as soon as it's over and have then to pay normal prices are not the ones that owners are trying to attract!

Check out Scruffy Murphy's, formerly the Queen Vic on soi 23. Quite reasonable pricing for Bangkok in a high-rent district. Tiger pint 130 regular price, HH price 99 baht.  Heineken HH price 110. Much cheaper than the Vic on this and food. They have an FB page, which I think I cannot link to. Main web page under construction as they just opened a few weeks ago.