Traffic police fined me illegally

yengec

whenever i complain about something in pattaya, regularly i see bunch of guys who supports the wrong side.for ex in this case they concentrated on if the parking is legal, can i open the 4 way signal when i wait temporarily etc. the thing is we asked about this to many police officers both face to face and on the phone. even the officer who fined me declares that if im not riding the bike and stop temporarily by opening signals, i dont have to use helmet. the discussion is about they insist i was riding the bike and i was not stop the engine.also im sure if i was wrong, they would show me the video record, because they record and able to show every thing on their spot.(they did before)

3 hours ago, whitemouse said:

"..and you guys think I can get anything by complaining about this issue?"

Let it go, pay the fine and keep your nose down. Filing some sort of complaint against traffic police is not exactly wise.

Nonsense.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, yengec said:

whenever i complain about something in pattaya, regularly i see bunch of guys who supports the wrong side.for ex in this case they concentrated on if the parking is legal, can i open the 4 way signal when i wait temporarily etc. the thing is we asked about this to many police officers both face to face and on the phone. even the officer who fined me declares that if im not riding the bike and stop temporarily by opening signals, i dont have to use helmet. the discussion is about they insist i was riding the bike and i was not stop the engine.also im sure if i was wrong, they would show me the video record, because they record and able to show every thing on their spot.(they did before)

We asked you pertinent questions which you chose to ignore.  

Which is more likely?  You actually broke the law and there is some language barrier in explaining what the law is or the cop made up the fact that you were moving? The first one makes more sense.

If i was a cop id right u a ticket too for what you did.  Its just plain odd behavior and unsafe.

• Like 2

:post-4641-1156694083:Principle?  to a Thai what the hell is that?

Here is where you went wrong?

You took your helmet off and a light bulb went off so you were spotted.  I have done this a few times while waiting for the light to change but not because it was hot (poor excuse) but to tighten the strap even right in front of the police box, never a problem since I'm no light bulb.

You didn't do anything wrong since people park anywhere at anytime and just a FYI, it was reported recently majority of the CCTV don't work and even if they did, no police is going to take the time to look at one for you for such a simple offense?  Police job description isn't what it suppose to be where you came from and should remember that for the future.  Two years ago, my neighbor and his daughter was run down from behind by a drunken driver, they ask the police to obtain the 7/11 camera footage hoping to see the vehicle, they responded too busy which meant, money talks. 

Next time, pay the fine.

Edited by thailand49

You don't accept that you were disobeying traffic laws. If you are sitting on a motorcycle on a public road and not wearing a safety helmet then you are breaking the law. It does not matter that you were parked and engine off. Accept that and move on.

• Like 2

If he is on the direct side near the curb and it is not red or black painted he is legal and the cop wrong. Stopped is not riding a bike. But is in the street not in proper stopping area, then he technically is setting himself up to be tagged. I would love to see a picture of the area posted and how the bike was resting, Make the final opinion from there. 

23 hours ago, yengec said:

yeahh if we consider by money, of corse its not worth. i just dont like the feeling being lied. i think its time to go back my country for a while and come back later again ;)

btw lets say you have 2 or 3 tickets which costs around 1000baht. if you dont pay them and go to the land office to make a new license(costs around 400baht) by telling them i lost it or nothing. is that possible?

The plot thickens.... Unpaid fines... False declarations..... Just going to get deeper and deeper in the sh!t.

Quality tourist apparently. 

• Like 1

OP, I'm sorry to say, but you openly admit that you are a serial traffic offender and by your own description you were not fined illegally, you quite possibly committed more than one offense.

As others have stated, pay the fine and move on.

I have been driving here for well over 20 years and never once have I been fined illegally, might be good luck, or it just might be that I keep within the law!

• Like 1

perhaps you just met an ahole cop. But you have said you got away with your illegal behavior, so like others have said, you win some you lose some. Count yourself lucky and forget about it, you will get a heart attack being mad at everything in this country.

I've been fine by the police for "changing a lane on a solid line" I argued I changed when it was a dotted line before I reach the solid line, the police would not take any of it. There was no cameras and no other way to fight it, corrupt cop he wanted 100 baht. I rather pay heavier fine at the station than give it directly to him. 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:20 AM, colinneil said:

Remember you are in Thailand, rock the boat, make waves, upset the wrongs ones, and you will have problems.

The OP is in a small hole. He can make it a lot bigger if he keeps digging.

I was once fined 1000 baht for not having a vehicle tag displayed, even though I had all the paperwork - the tag had not arrived. As long as the injustices are small, not worth worrying about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yengec said:

i attached the picture explaining my situation. sorry for the previous written explanation without any image. now u can point out the case better..

6E740A4F-0984-4EB0-9120-0E7BB8A8CDF0.jpeg

You put on your hazard lights, and took off your helmet (because it was hot) and got off your bike. 

You parked your bike on the side of the road !!!

With so many other traffic violations going on around you it does seem harsh that you should receive a ticket (was it for no helmet? - which I do think is wrong).

It looks like one of those situations where you drew attention to yourself, the BiB thought, oh well, lets ticket the Farang... as seems to be the case in Pattaya where in BKK the Police are simply Lazy in Pattaya it seems they do tend to favor foreigners (if the reports on ThaiVisa forum are anything to go by). 

IMO: I think you are correct. Any ticket in this situation seems extremely harsh. 

Its too late now. You should have just Politely Argued the case at the time.

There are the faint Red and white 'no parking' stripes on the curb... but you were ticketed for 'No Helmet'...

Did you leave your bike running ?

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, Mattd said:

OP, I'm sorry to say, but you openly admit that you are a serial traffic offender and by your own description you were not fined illegally, you quite possibly committed more than one offense.

As others have stated, pay the fine and move on.

I have been driving here for well over 20 years and never once have I been fined illegally, might be good luck, or it just might be that I keep within the law!

actually im not a reckless driver. i care for other people’s more than mine. until now i have been fined because of illegal u turn where there no have other cars people traffic etc, riding a bike by my license in Turkey(also my home license is legal in Thailand but police makes a way to make money over it), 3 people on the bike etc. i never ride with alcohol or speeding etc.. 

also im aware that is the far left lane of the main road. since i was on the metal drainer of tge left side, i should be passed without ticket. btw if i made a crime by this illegal stop how the other cars(not a small bike) park brhind me all the way long? but you are right, im a farang. also i wouldnt care if it was about illegal parking, but riding without helmet pissed me off..

Edit: the engine was off, prking leg was opened, 4 way signal opened, the helmet was on the bike consol. also its impossible to ride the bike when the helmet is on the console bcz u cant turn.

this was the position of the bike..

CF1C9EFA-0B40-48EC-8FE6-0C47CC7D8DAA.jpeg

Edited by yengec

2 hours ago, yengec said:

i attached the picture explaining my situation. sorry for the previous written explanation without any image. now u can point out the case better..

6E740A4F-0984-4EB0-9120-0E7BB8A8CDF0.jpeg

You stopped three feet from the kerb and right over a road marking arrow, lucky you were not done for obstructing the road as well 

44 minutes ago, CatCage said:

You stopped three feet from the kerb and right over a road marking arrow, lucky you were not done for obstructing the road as well 

its not the metal one which in the middle. i stopped the left side one which is all the way long not a small cubic one.

In Perth Australia it is A$600 for talking on the phone while driving. Being made aware of that, I stopped on the breakdown lane between freeway and guardrails where everyone pulls over if they need to check engine or get something from the trunk/boot etc.Sitting there, engine off talking on phone a cop on a bike pulls up at my drivers window and makes me jump when he knocked on my window. I immediately rolled down the window and

said "er may I help you?", he said" I am booking you for using a mobile phone while in command of a vehicle".

I said "you have to be joking, I especially pulled over to avoid that!". He repeated himself and I said "hold on, I did the right thing, so I would not be doing what you say, this is crazy", he said "sir while the keys are in the vehicle, stopped or not, you are in command of a vehicle and on the phone". I said then (how the <deleted>) am I to take a call??

He said "best if you got out of the vehicle and stood at the rear while on a call, but if the keys were not in the ignition, I may not have fined you $600 and four points (you get 12points per 3 years) but as they are in the ignition,  I must uphold the law. I wanted desperately to tell (The Pig) that he would be better off working on real crime like stopping burglaries like had just happened to my elderly parents, they were robbed by having a window forced open while my late father was sleeping in the same room, that they stole my mother's jewellery from. When my mum reported it, they said we are too busy to attend, just claim on insurance and tell them it was reported to us. No fingerprints taken, no evidence gathered, no cop gave a shit But God help you if you break a traffic law. It is mega over policed coz speed cameras (set where safe to speed) and fining drivers brings in BIG REVENUE, finding those that pray on the elderly is hard. and there is no money in it for the Govt, so  even more ways to financially rape the Australian motorist are always being introduced.

When they asked Jeremy Clarkson "what did you think of Australia?" when he returned from the Melbourne F1 race there a few years ago, he said "Australia, more bloody speed trap cameras than people!"

To paraphrase The Don, "what a shit hole" country. I drive/drove the same way in Japan, America, Thailand,

Malaysia etc and *never* get fined, but in Perth I need 12 points a year (as do most) not per 3 years,  but again, no money in people keeping their license, only in them losing it ; (

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nsimmons said:

In Perth Australia it is A$600 for talking on the phone while driving. Being made aware of that, I stopped on the breakdown lane between freeway and guardrails where everyone pulls over if they need to check engine or get something from the trunk/boot etc.Sitting there, engine off talking on phone a cop on a bike pulls up at my drivers window and makes me jump when he knocked on my window. I immediately rolled down the window and

said "er may I help you?", he said" I am booking you for using a mobile phone while in command of a vehicle".

I said "you have to be joking, I especially pulled over to avoid that!". He repeated himself and I said "hold on, I did the right thing, so I would not be doing what you say, this is crazy", he said "sir while the keys are in the vehicle, stopped or not, you are in command of a vehicle and on the phone". I said then (how the <deleted>) am I to take a call??

He said "best if you got out of the vehicle and stood at the rear while on a call, but if the keys were not in the ignition, I may not have fined you $600 and four points (you get 12points per 3 years) but as they are in the ignition,  I must uphold the law. I wanted desperately to tell (The Pig) that he would be better off working on real crime like stopping burglaries like had just happened to my elderly parents, they were robbed by having a window forced open while my late father was sleeping in the same room, that they stole my mother's jewellery from. When my mum reported it, they said we are too busy to attend, just claim on insurance and tell them it was reported to us. No fingerprints taken, no evidence gathered, no cop gave a shit But God help you if you break a traffic law. It is mega over policed coz speed cameras (set where safe to speed) and fining drivers brings in BIG REVENUE, finding those that pray on the elderly is hard. and there is no money in it for the Govt, so  even more ways to financially rape the Australian motorist are always being introduced.

When they asked Jeremy Clarkson "what did you think of Australia?" when he returned from the Melbourne F1 race there a few years ago, he said "Australia, more bloody speed trap cameras than people!"

To paraphrase The Don, "what a shit hole" country. I drive/drove the same way in Japan, America, Thailand,

Malaysia etc and *never* get fined, but in Perth I need 12 points a year (as do most) not per 3 years,  but again, no money in people keeping their license, only in them losing it ; (

It’s one of the many reasons I can’t stand being back in Australia. They are douchebags.

Edited by ncc1701d