SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Yes and you are smarter than Steve Jobs  (Apple computer) was,  Carl Sagan ( Pulitzer Prize, Emmy), Francis Crick (Nobel Prize), Margaret Mead ( 40 honourary degrees and President of both the American Anthropological Association and the American Association for the Advancement of Science) and Oliver Sacks ( Oxford graduate and professor of neurology at Columbia Medical Center).

Spicy Meatball, open your eyes and through out those prejiduces.  Smoking a joint doesnt turn you into a brain dead slacker any more than having a beer turns you into a stumbling, pant pissing drunk.  

coed.com/2011/02/02/the-10-smartest-pot-smokers-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it

I never said I was smart but apparently I can spell better than you. "Spicy Meatball, open your eyes and through out those prejiduces"

My eyes are WIDE OPEN. I'm also very well experienced in the indulgence & transport of very fine products & still have the mental capacity to perform most functions.

I suggest you open your eyes to the carnage & the ineptitude of how the "locals" go about their daily business @ already a half baked brain pace. Imagine the road fatalities then. I wonder if anything would get done in a reasonable time & imagine what the next top level government brain storming idea would be? 

Pull your head out of the rear end its in & give it some thought. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Alcohol is legal but it is illegal to drive while intoxicated. However many road accidents, injuries and deaths are caused by drunk driving. If marijuana was legalized I foresee  a huge increase in road accidents.

Allowing the use of any drug requires that the people use it responsibly. Responsibility is NOT a distinguishing quality or characteristic of the Thai people.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't thing making any drug more available would help Thai society. Thai people seem to have addictive personality's. Our village has suffered badly from drink, drugs and gambling.

Cannabis is in my opinion is not as dangerous as alcohol, but I have seen first hand a work college end up in a mental hospital after trying to give up a skunk habit he had developed over a number of years.

We live in a country were you can not legally buy a can of beer from a shop at 3 in the afternoon, so the likely hood of legalising cannabis is very low. 

• Like 1

When decisions are made by people who aren't so clever to start with and who don't really feel the pain sick people suffer.

What do you think is the outcome of their decision? How long do people have to suffer in pain? I am sure Buddha would allow Marijuana to ease pain in sick people, because he was compassionate and clever not like some of his donkey disciples(their faces look like donkeys). I think you can grow them underground with bright lights.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:41 PM, Lacessit said:

Personally, I think all illegal drugs should be made legal. It would remove an entire crime sector. If all drugs were legal, criminals could not profit from them. And addicts would not need to become criminals to get them.

Having said that, I also think the excuse used by people committing crimes, that they were under the influence of drugs, should also be invalid in a court of law.

I agree. Have been saying this for years. If heroin was legal tomorrow I don't know one person that would go use it. As far as intoxication or impairment as a defense, that is already not valid, at least where I come from. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2018 at 11:21 AM, Keesters said:

Alcohol is legal but it is illegal to drive while intoxicated. However many road accidents, injuries and deaths are caused by drunk driving. If marijuana was legalized I foresee  a huge increase in road accidents.

Allowing the use of any drug requires that the people use it responsibly. Responsibility is NOT a distinguishing quality or characteristic of the Thai people.

'Responsibility is NOT a distinguishing quality or characteristic of the Thai people.'

or Aussies ....  :tongue:

So what do you do with the 10 to 15% who have a terrible psychosis when they use it then. We have never looked after the alcoholics very well, what of those that this drug really stuffs up, I speak of this from a personal viewpoint with a daughter who is a living nightmare when she can get the stuff.

Sorry to here about your daughter but She's going to get it anyway so whats the Difference. Why should other people go without because a few have a problem when they smoke. 20 years ago we didn't have skunk weed now we do and that is apparently so much stronger then normal weed. And now we Have spice( synthetic cannabis) which apparently can really mess with your head. If weed was legal in the first place we wouldn't have any those 2.

Thanks to governments making weed illegal we now have this nasty stuff it simply would not have existed. In 10-20 years people won't believe we was haveing this deabte. Why people are getting seriously messed up on spice.

https://youtu.be/ApTfAJAjrd4

What country dose you daughter live in is she getting messed up on the stronger types of weed?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't thing making any drug more available would help Thai society. Thai people seem to have addictive personality's. Our village has suffered badly from drink, drugs and gambling.

Cannabis is in my opinion is not as dangerous as alcohol, but I have seen first hand a work college end up in a mental hospital after trying to give up a skunk habit he had developed over a number of years.

We live in a country were you can not legally buy a can of beer from a shop at 3 in the afternoon, so the likely hood of legalising cannabis is very low. 

If you ask me weed/cannabis and skunk should be classified as different things. Your friend wouldn't have ended up in the mental hospital if he was just smoking normal weed.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

smoked it and hash when I was younger, did a few other things as well but after a bad reaction I gave it away until a few years ago when I used it in cookies to help me get off the opoids I had been on for many years for my spinal injury, havent touched it since. The biggest problem is that many that use it are incapable of seeing what it does to them, I have had many many mates that use as well as family members and they get so  paranoid about things its not funny, I have also seen how it really causes problems with their mental instability. While it can be really good for medical reasons in many ways, to simply allow people to use indiscriminately  is a different kettle of fish, many refuse to believe it impairs their ability to do things such as driving etc, reaction time is a lot slower even for hardened users. A really good mate uses it constantly, he has had a few strokes already but cannot stop smoking it, he refuses to accept it does any harm to him and his personality swings are pretty severe when he isnt smoking. Mind you I still like to help trim it when I am back in Australia, really like the smell of the variety my mate grows but I think the use of it needs to be controlled in some way, possibly the  THC  strength could be controlled in any legalized concept and as for alcohol stop users from driving under the influence

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seajae said:

smoked it and hash when I was younger, did a few other things as well but after a bad reaction I gave it away until a few years ago when I used it in cookies to help me get off the opoids I had been on for many years for my spinal injury, havent touched it since. The biggest problem is that many that use it are incapable of seeing what it does to them, I have had many many mates that use as well as family members and they get so  paranoid about things its not funny, I have also seen how it really causes problems with their mental instability. While it can be really good for medical reasons in many ways, to simply allow people to use indiscriminately  is a different kettle of fish, many refuse to believe it impairs their ability to do things such as driving etc, reaction time is a lot slower even for hardened users. A really good mate uses it constantly, he has had a few strokes already but cannot stop smoking it, he refuses to accept it does any harm to him and his personality swings are pretty severe when he isnt smoking. Mind you I still like to help trim it when I am back in Australia, really like the smell of the variety my mate grows but I think the use of it needs to be controlled in some way, possibly the  THC  strength could be controlled in any legalized concept and as for alcohol stop users from driving under the influence

Not a lot different than using alcohol then?

No reason for it to be illegal.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:14 AM, mick220675 said:

Nah, Come on,  He had issues before smoking Skunk / Pot

or was going to have issues latter in life, nothing to do with

skunk / Pot smoking. :whistling:

Edited by stanleycoin

Crime would go down
Traffic fatalities would go down
Fewer people in prisons
Fewer domestic violence cases

More food sold
More people smiling and laughing
Fewer alcoholics (this will be a fighting point against legalization for the alcohol mafia)
Fewer corrupt police selling it (this will be a fighting point against legalization)

• Like 1