really put 400k/800k for the whole year

21 minutes ago, FNQ said:

I  heard the marriage visa this year is now 450K. (not confirmed)

Most embassies and consulates do not ask for financial proof to apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage.

For an extension of stay based upon marriage there have been no changes to the financial requirements. That would require a new police order and that has not happened.l

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

IO's prefer to issue a retirement extension because they can be issued immediately, so it is common for them to suggest switching when the applicant meets the financial requirements for retirement. Less paperwork.

Yes, I am aware that it is less work for them but I was wondering what the OP's situation was.

2 hours ago, johnnysunshine said:

If you are American, you can go to the US Consulate and get a form to attest you have money coming in and you are not required to keep that much in the bank as I understand.

That option is available to all foreign nationals, not just Americans.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Only 1 for me. Maybe I'm special? 

2 Months in the bank is the rule.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year. 

Edited by Lite Beer

14 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

2 Months in the bank is the rule.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year. 

Maybe my visa is not the same as yours. My visa required 400k baht for 1 month. I can't show you the rule in the book but that's what they told me I needed so I did it and  I got a 12 month visa. 

What more can I tell you..

21 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Maybe my visa is not the same as yours. My visa required 400k baht for 1 month. I can't show you the rule in the book but that's what they told me I needed so I did it and  I got a 12 month visa. 

Were you applying for a multiple entry non-o visa at an embassy or consulate or an extension of stay at immigration.