Prayut defends Prawit over expensive watches

snoop1130

16 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Prawit isn't worried, he has got all of the time in the world for this to blow over. But time will tell whether watchers are watching him.

Aye, no worried at all over 10+ Mils Baht of watches but very very worried over 3 people walking to Kon Khaen

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The source of their excess income is very probably kick backs from the purchase of unneeded weapons.

For example is Thailand really in imminent danger of a naval attack? Why then buy submarines?

Just one example.

Edited by Spike1938

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He's worried about nothing? What does mean? He's not worried? Trivial things worry him? 

I'm guessing he's not worried about the whole watch scandal. Why should he be? He has 44. He is not accountable to the public. How is Thailand supposed to develop with this kind of mentality at the helm? It can't. 

Sorry to say, but I think Thailand needs to wake up and realise you don't get anything for free. You have to fight for it. This whole watch scandal is going to disappear into the night. 

Unfortunately, you are right and that's exactly what the PM expects to happen. The PM doesn't have double standards he has multiple standards depending on who it is, what rank and how rich. I suspect that even Al Capone wouldn't have had them in in his team because of lack of respect and a changing mind.

RE - Prayut defends Prawit over expensive watches

It really wasnt a surprise - was it....

RE - Prayut said people should not mix up Prawit’s private matters and his work. Prawit’s personal belongings had nothing to do with the national budget, the premier emphasised.

Here it must or at least should be something missing through translation - Its not the People, BUT Prawit himself that should NOT mix private matters With his top-ranked political position i.e which again is at risk to interfere With the national Budget....:1zgarz5:

Edited by ttrd

Look at this as a good thing, if you're not in love with this govt. Saying this can only hurt his image in the eyes of the masses, and helps that much more to assure he'll lose and be in our collective rear view mirrors soon after  the next election...... IF there's a next election.

1 minute ago, seminomadic said:

Look at this as a good thing, if you're not in love with this govt. Saying this can only hurt his image in the eyes of the masses, and helps that much more to assure he'll lose and be in our collective rear view mirrors soon after  the next election...... IF there's a next election.

I agree and all Thais I know are luvin it

"Lent to him by a late friend"? From secondary school? (Long time ago?) Who is no longer around to verify the story! 

"Excuse me old chap, but can I borrow one of your incredibly expensive eye catching watches?"

"Oh, no problem - take a few"

Sounds perfectly feasible to me - I know loads of people who borrow expensive watches in bulk from acquaintances, who then die without being able to ask for them back! :cheesy:

Thank goodness for the spotlight of social media and the international aspect it brings . These old dinosaurs still don’t fully understand its power to embarrass and its immunity to suppression. They’re still in the mindset that trotting out some half baked flannel for ill informed and uneducated Thais is all that’s required. It won’t go away and the only choices they will have is to understand that or inflict even more egregious control to assert their authority. That of course brings another set of problems.

8 hours ago, blubb said:

nope he isn't and it shouldn't matter for you too. Next you want to know about his underwear?  Funny you 

You really have no concept of open government

There is little of any transparency in this government Seems you like it that way

On 1/23/2018 at 9:30 PM, Ricardo said:

I do hope that the former-soldier PM's loyalty to his colleague is not misplaced.

Caesar's wife, or his deputy-PM, needs to be seen to be above suspicion, not untouchable. :wink:

For if he does not defend him, then his whole political dream goes down the toilet as all his crooked cronies will let him fall on his sword, that's the Thai way in Politics 

1 hour ago, rodney earl said:

What do you expect? Politicians (People in Power) are exactly the same the world over. They are only interested in themselves and how to make more for themselves.!!

I expect them to receive the same treatment as the rest of us if they are caught doing something illegal / grossly hypocritical.

19 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yet the clowns thought they were going to be a better choice than the Shin clan. 

Go figure.

Personally, I think it was always about the money. Granted, the country was an absolute mess when they took over. The Bangkok Shutdown was completely ridiculous. But, for these worms it is always about money and power. They never, ever do something because it is the right thing to do, or because it will benefit the masses.

7 hours ago, baboon said:

I expect them to receive the same treatment as the rest of us if they are caught doing something illegal / grossly hypocritical.

"Expect" in this case is a very expectant word!

I would suggest that you substitute "would hope for"!

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, snoop1130 said:

Prayut said people should not mix up Prawit’s private matters and his work. Prawit’s personal belongings had nothing to do with the national budget, the premier emphasised.

This is Prayut's failure, he should have, at least, asked for Prawit to step aside until the investigation was finished. When this weak assed excuse was the best he could do he should have been fired. These people can not help themselves, any of them. No matter which government replaces them it will always remain the same, one group of petty thieves replacing another. Helping each other line their pockets while they're at the trough because one never knows when the opportunity will arise again. I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me, sickening. Thailand my heart is sick for you, no one deserves the leaders you have been saddled with, just one decent human being with an ounce of compassion shouldn't be too much to expect.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:11 PM, brucec64 said:

What a difference 3 years makes...

Thailand in Focus : National Broadcast by General Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister of Thailand, on 28 August 2015

"During this week’s cabinet meeting, I reiterated to the all the ministers that we would not tolerate any form of corruption and that their ranks and powers shall not be abused in any way.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/islamabad/en/news/4251/59655-National-Broadcast-by-General-Prayut-Chan-o-cha,-P.html

huh ...? did i say that ? really  ? 

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Between soldiers it is an honor to maintain friendship and brotherhood until death.

This applies to soldiers in the war field.

On the other hand, in politics, it can be  deadly not to drop such a hot potato, immediately.

Trouble is that dropping the hot potato can also be deadly.It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/26/580657904/will-a-scandal-over-expensive-watches-bring-down-thailands-government?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social