Foreigner denies killing Rambo the dog in South Pattaya street as top brass cops take interest

snoop1130

Foreigner denies killing Rambo the dog in South Pattaya street as top brass cops take interest

937-1021x580.jpg

A man accused by a neighbor of killing a favorite dog with an iron bar in the street has given himself up to Pattaya police.

The provincial police chief Pol Maj Gen Nanthachart Suphamongkhon and local chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch were on hand to interview Mr Rusyamsi, 47, before handing him over to the detective in charge of the case.

Nanthachart said it was not a small matter as there was public concern. He promised justice for all though that seems a little late for "Rambo" a ten year old Thai dog that was allegedly beaten to death outside the SK Bee shop.

On Saturday a Thai woman called Yotsinee Ariyata, 27, had gone to report the death of the dog along with 85 year old Beppe Parentela, an Italian. The pair feed six or seven soi dogs in the area at different times of the day and noticed that Rambo was missing and another one called Mee had a leg injury.

Rambo was found tossed in the trash while Ariyata, a bread shop owner, took Mee to the vet's.

They alleged the person responsible was a neighbor and shop owner after a security guard had given them a lead.

But Mr Rusyamsri, an Indonesian national, has denied involvement.

Thailand has strict laws regarding animal welfare with jail terms for those convicted of abuse. 

Source: http://www.pattayanews.com/content/23367

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-1-23

2 hours ago, champers said:

Will Beppe be sorting this out the old fashioned way? Mr Rusyamsri might end up as a pizza topping.

Sure, he's from the Corleone family. The head of his favorite horse in his bed might shock the Indonesian a bit. :smile:

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has strict laws regarding animal welfare with jail terms for those convicted of abuse. 

Yes the laws are that the dogs are meant to reproduce without restraint, defecate in all the public spaces, run in packs and bark and attack people going about their business. When they get diseased they are to be left in a state of torment until they die an agonizing death. If you dare defend yourself against one of these precious mongrels you will face the full penalty of law. 

8 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Does that mean that Thai dogs are above foreigners?

Surprised you need to ask...!!!!

10 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Yes.... Newer Beat a dog.... Much better to beat your wife or children.... NEWER a dog.

In Thailand dogs even have the right to bite children.

(All this is ironic, but  still the sad truth about LOS) 

In some countries a man have the right to rape his wife if she say no and he can marry an 8 your old girl..... I guess Thailand after all is a humane country....

Edited by BEngBKK

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

soi dogs are vermin, he did good but his method needs a rethink ... :shock1:

My neighbor tried to poison a mutt once in Pattaya...yapping poodle across the street.

The owner fed soidogs right outside her front gate so the strays slept there & the poodle on the other side yapped ALL NIGHT long at the strays.

I politely BEGGED her to put her dog inside repeatedly. I was ignored,

The farang next door mixed rat poison with hamburger meat yet I got blamed because I had complained about the annoying vermin. The mutt shunned the poison meat, much to our chagrin.

I never thought of it at the time, but I once saw some smallish, pistol-sized cross bows for sale on Beach Rd. for about 500 baht.

Metal darts about 8 inches long (quite deadly at close range to humans or dogs) & I could have tossed it after the fact....Just a thought.

BTW, I absolutely love a good dog that behaves and does not annoy other people, but have zero tolerance for a dog that is annoying to me or anybody else.

It would have been SOOOOO simple for that woman to -

1 - NOT feed soidogs outside her front gate.

or

2 - Put her poodle inside at night.

Nah, just told me to bleep off is all she could do. Bitch.

Edited by jaywalker

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The pair feed six or seven soi dogs in the area at different times of the day and noticed that Rambo was missing and another one called Mee had a leg injury.

I bet they wont pay for any hospital bill for any child bitten by the scummy things. Should kill the lot off. Nice to see my local 7/11 having signs up now for Do not feed the soi dogs

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

I bet they wont pay for any hospital bill for any child bitten by the scummy things. Should kill the lot off. Nice to see my local 7/11 having signs up now for Do not feed the soi dogs

Of course not!

Dog does you damage..."not my dog".

14 hours ago, HenryPattaya said:

Strict laws regarding Animals have they ever been to a Thai Temple 

I don't believe they are abused or treated badly there, but given refuge and often fed.I agree there are some in dire need of some treatment or care but there isn't the financing to do it.

I often wonder if do-gooders who simply feed them are contributing to the problem, their numbers simply increasing to the point where they cannot all be fed.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I like working dogs; I like all dogs with no vocal chords; all dogs with no ass-hole.  All the rest should be shipped off to Cambodia.

Dogs that bark only when useful are cool (snakes & such).

Mutts are cool....if they make the team & have a wee bit of brains.

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe they are abused or treated badly there, but given refuge and often fed.I agree there are some in dire need of some treatment or care but there isn't the financing to do it.

I often wonder if do-gooders who simply feed them are contributing to the problem, their numbers simply increasing to the point where they cannot all be fed.

They are severely neglected in most cases.  

Left to fester with diseases which are not treated.  Left to keep having litter and litter with no control on breeding or sterilisation.  No proper shelter or bedding.  No vaccinations.  Fed unhealthy scraps of human food.  Left to scare and sometimes bite people going to the temple.

There is zero lack of financing.  Just look at the amount of money donated to the temples, the new buildings constantly being built, the gold plated statues, the expensive artifacts and decorations etc.

You are correct that the people who simply feed the dogs are contributing to the problem.  They like the feeling of feeding them... but then take no responsibility for their care.  They will see dogs with mange, broken bones, injuries or diseases and their answer is just to pity them and throw down more food.

If they really cared about the dogs, not just about feeling good for themselves, they would pay for all the dogs they feed to get sterilised, treated for their diseases, cleaned up and found homes to go to.  

The more they are fed, they more they will survive and these will breed and the population will explode, which leads to more diseases and suffering.  It's just the same with the people who feed the pigeons in the city... which makes the number of pigeons there explode into the thousands, and then people start to hate the birds for all the mess they make.  The more dogs there are on the streets, the more people start to get annoyed by them too.

12 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

yes, but only if the dog is cute. 

I suspect that in Thailand all dogs are cute and if you kill one they are expensive too it would seem.

That guard better be an eye witness or he should be sued if just speculating.

Edited by IAMHERE

16 hours ago, champers said:

Will Beppe be sorting this out the old fashioned way? Mr Rusyamsri might end up as a pizza topping.

Had it happened in Sakhon Nakhon more likely Rambo

would be the topping.

Edited by Lemonltr

Yeah, but. . . 

The Thai stance on animal welfare is hypocritical, to say the least.  Soi dogs, which are a major health hazard and the cause of endless road accidents, are fortunate. They are protected under a law passed three years ago which forbids "torture and cruelty" to animals.

Yet at the same time cockfights and bullfights remain above the law on the specious grounds that these are "national sports".  

The exemption has nothing, of course, to do with the fact that these gruesome spectacles offer the chance to participate in the nation's real national sport - gambling.

Shame on you, Thailand.