What ever are they doing to my favorite Soi

CatCage

Just arrived back in town and find It's almost impossible to get to my favorite bar on Soi 13/4 off Beach Road, anybody know what they are doing here and how long this is going to last?

Can't even walk on the sidewalk as it has all been blocked by bar owners extending their premises and now impassable.  :sad: 

Soi 13 4.JPG

Do you think that they CARE if you can spend money in their shop or not???  Every Thai knows that the laws of economics do not apply in Thailand. If they have an economic downturn, it's all the fault of farangs, never of Thais. Our only function is to pump money into their economy. If they prevent it from being pumped, it's STILL our fault if they don't receive the benefits. Action does not produce reaction in Thailand, nor does anything have consequences unless it's an act performed by a farang.  Outsiders need to internalize these Thai values and understand them. They won't change.

7 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

They are replacing the drains and pavement.  The same was done on other adjacent sois and was done promptly and efficiently .

Must be a different group that was working on Soi Siam Country Club.............promptly and efficiently didn't come into play.

14 hours ago, Deon Lime said:

I´m staying at classroom hotel in a few days. Is it the entire road?

I guess it could be interesting to drink a few beers and watch their work from the balcony if nothing else.

Yes, 'interesting', watching men work in the hot sun at the gay district sounds like a decent holiday.  Hope the construction does not derail your time. 

122412msmo077.jpg

On 24/01/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jools said:

Do you think that they CARE if you can spend money in their shop or not???  Every Thai knows that the laws of economics do not apply in Thailand. If they have an economic downturn, it's all the fault of farangs, never of Thais. Our only function is to pump money into their economy. If they prevent it from being pumped, it's STILL our fault if they don't receive the benefits. Action does not produce reaction in Thailand, nor does anything have consequences unless it's an act performed by a farang.  Outsiders need to internalize these Thai values and understand them. They won't change.

... and breath... feeling better?

On 1/24/2018 at 11:15 PM, kokopelli said:

They are replacing the drains and pavement.  The same was done on other adjacent sois and was done promptly and efficiently .

Yes, I was told they had completed the job and it looked pretty good and they have moved on to another street. Pleasant surprise and I need to go take a look.

On 1/25/2018 at 2:32 AM, Deon Lime said:

I´m staying at classroom hotel in a few days. Is it the entire road?

I guess it could be interesting to drink a few beers and watch their work from the balcony if nothing else.

If the front door doesn't work for you, try the back door from Boys Town.

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Not sure if this is good news or bad news for the OP

Pattayaland street renovation 20% complete

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the pipes look a bit small, and could be that they will be redoing the project with bigger pipes in a year or so.

That happened on Beach Rd 3 times back in the 90s as kept putting in pipes too small. The final version did work.