Ukrainian driver charged over Phuket deaths of Russian women

webfact

Ukrainian driver charged over Phuket deaths of Russian women

Shela Riva

1516856297_1-org.jpg

Local residents appraise the force of the impact on the Nissan Almera sedan the Artem Serdiukov was driving. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Cherng Talay Police have confirmed that Ukrainian national Artem Serdiukov has been charged for reckless driving causing death after the Nissan car he was driving collided head-on with a passenger van, killing his two female Russian passengers last Sunday (Jan 21).

Cherng Talay Police Superintendent Col Serm Kwannimit confirmed to The Phuket Newstoday (Jan 25), “Mr Serdiukov has been charged with reckless driving causing death. But we are still waiting for his alcohol and drug test results.”

Col Serm declined to provide further information, including providing the age of Mr Serdiukov, and has yet to respond to questions asking why the hospital is “unable” to provide the alcohol and drug test results after four days.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/ukrainian-driver-charged-over-phuket-deaths-of-russian-women-65715.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-25

16 hours ago, mr_lob said:

well he wont have anything to worry about - the archaic law here doesn't work. The 10 wheel truck driver who killed one of my staff and 2 customers only got a suspended sentence and a 5000 baht fine. How fair is that?

Yes, but how much compensation did he have to pay? My estranged wife seriously injured two children while driving a motorbike,inebriated and no license, she got a couple of months community service and I got the 3 million Baht bill for victim compensation.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, but how much compensation did he have to pay? My estranged wife seriously injured two children while driving a motorbike,inebriated and no license, she got a couple of months community service and I got the 3 million Baht bill for victim compensation.

What’s yours is hers and what’s hers is hers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2018 at 7:16 AM, soalbundy said:

they paid the thai drivers family about 20,000 baht. the foreigners didn't get 1 baht. Because we are all super rich i suppose....

On 1/25/2018 at 6:20 PM, mr_lob said:

well he wont have anything to worry about - the archaic law here doesn't work. The 10 wheel truck driver who killed one of my staff and 2 customers only got a suspended sentence and a 5000 baht fine. How fair is that?

There's no money to be made by "the system" incarcerating a minimum wage Thai truck driver. 

A foreigner, however, $$$$$$$$.