No firm commitment to hold polls in Nov: Wissanu

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As the good old Rod Stewart song goes, "I don't want to talk about it . . . " . . . not so close to dinner-time, anyway.

It's just bloody sickening, how low these 'so-called' Deputy Prime Ministers are prepared to sink. I say 'so-called' because in few other countries, even in 'darkest' Africa, will top officials be even prepared to be seen to have such flagrant disregard for the truth and for breaching history-shaping promises made, only weeks ago. They are totally without a moral life code by the look of things.

2 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Aung San Suu Kyi is the head of government

Htin Kyaw is the Head of Government with Aung San Suu Kyi as State Counsellor. The military drafted Constitution forbids her specifically from eligibility for Head of Government. In practice though Htin is her puppet. And practically the military never gave up control of the State.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Wissanu yesterday said Prayut had “just made a remark” when speaking about the tentative election schedule during his visit to the United States in October last year.

I am sure that on a TVF topic, during the past fortnight, Prayut himself was quoted as not merely saying, but emphasising that he had made a firm undertaking whilst talking to Trump. DPM Wissanu now casually dismisses it as 'Prayut had “just made a remark” when speaking about the tentative election schedule. That is a bare-faced lie, another practice that Thais are increasingly showing dexterity in. You may recall Prayut's recent confession, during his 'no more grumpiness' promise, that an earlier outburst directed at reporters for asking unreasonable questions, was "just an act" . . . his words, translated, of course.

Is DPM Wissanu now just dismissing his illustrious boss as having “just made a remark” . . . just another act, maybe, only this time, made whilst sitting on the knee of the US President? You've got to be more than a bit cheeky to try that stunt.

It just gets worse!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But he did not think a delay could be viewed as “breaking a promise”. The deputy PM said foreign countries should understand that logic “unless they pretend not to get it”.

As for the 90-day delay not being seen as “breaking a promise”, again, Wissanu has sunk to the very bottom of the ladder, in terms of what promises mean to different people. Evidently, to this scum-bag, promises mean sod-all. Is that it, have I done ranting, before the week-end has a chance to cheer me up?

No, there's another little gem of a statement that makes me question this guy's - or the entire Junta's - way of thinking. It was his saying that ' . . . foreign countries should understand that logic “unless they pretend not to get it”.' Why, for heaven's sake should he so much as mention 'foreign countries', unless it is clear that it is of major concern to his bosses, what other countries are thinking? It's like he's saying, "stuff what the Thai press and Thai people think about this 90-day ploy, just so long as the 'foreign countries' don't see behind it."

How do these guys sleep at night? . . . or maybe they don't. Maybe they're not really soldiers . . . they're vampires. I'd sneck your windows and pull up your blankets, tonight, if I were you.

Edited by Ossy
omission

11 minutes ago, Denim said:

A great result for all the morons who took to the streets to support Suthep and his protests to end democracy.

They must be happy at this news and will probably be out celebrating tonight.

What do you think steven100? Number one supporter (wearing rose coloured spectacles and blinkers) of the PM and his cronies. :violin:

4 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Ah! "THEY" pretend not to get it"!

Not that this would be something that the PM would know anything about, of course! But, ... I agree with the PM on this one.True, it could be a 40 years delay, making 4 years look like ... a slight delay. It is all relative.

Once I had one of those pro-yellow shirt Thais, educated in the US, tell me that I would be stupid to NOT buy his car.

Interesting opening move! Clever, bastard! 

The only way I could beat him was to declare myself "stupid"! 

This way, he would win both ways. If I don't buy, I am stupid and it is my fault. I am the loser. And if buy, I am not (and he is the winner).

Some of them absolutely cannot take a loss. So they devise ways to make others be and feel stupid if they lose. 

Clever, but twisted like a psychopath blaming the victim of his or her crimes.

EDIT: 

This way, he would win both ways. If I don't buy, I am stupid and it is my fault. I am the loser. And if buy (his lousy product), I can say I am not stupid (but I would be) (and he is the winner and proven to be smarter).

Clever, but twisted like a psychopath blaming the victim for his or her crimes.

Edited by EnlightenedAtheist

Wow... what a shocker. So the dictator delays the elections again, the megalomaniac just can’t get enough of this power. I’m guessing this delay is to allow him time to organise his corrupt campaign to get him voted in in a ‘fair’ election.

10 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Does anyone know the exact number of election shifts?

Once a year beginning with 2015.

"Thailand's military junta will install an interim constitution next month, and elections will be held around October 2015"  (28 Jun 2014 )

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10932302/Thailands-military-rulers-plan-elections-for-October-2015.html

On 1/26/2018 at 10:19 AM, webfact said:

Wissanu yesterday said Prayut had “just made a remark” when speaking about the tentative election schedule during his visit to the United States in October last year. “No treaty was signed. If he had to sign any agreement, the prime minister would have needed approval from the Cabinet.

Just made a remark? To POTUS? Yeah, right. And approval from his yes men? S44 is all he needs.