British minister preparing to resign and denounce PM May - Sun newspaper

webfact

British minister preparing to resign and denounce PM May - Sun newspaper

2018-02-01T072730Z_1_LYNXMPEE102CW_RTROPTP_4_CHINA-BRITAIN.JPG

British Prime Minister Theresa May listens to a speaker during the inaugural meeting of the UK-China CEO Council at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China January 31, 2018. REUTERS/Mark Schiefelbein/Pool

LONDON (Reuters) - A British minister is preparing to resign and publicly denounce Prime Minister Theresa May in a move that could trigger her downfall, The Sun newspaper reported on Thursday.

The unidentified minister, who is outside the cabinet, feels frustrated by May's failure to promote younger lawmakers to top jobs, The Sun reported.

(Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge; editing by Estelle Shirbon)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-02-01

The unidentified minister, who is outside the cabinet, feels frustrated by May's failure to promote younger lawmakers to top jobs,

I bet it's really difficult for some entitled snowflake to swallow the fact that in careers like this you need work your way up and that it takes time. Better to have a hissy-fit instead and storm out.

• Like 1

May and Hammond are remoaners and stood against Brexit and are out of touch plus have no right to be guiding the UK through this difficult time. May can't make a decision and it's well known in the UK civil service. She should have the decency like Cameron to step down when the time is right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

May and Hammond are remoaners and stood against Brexit and are out of touch plus have no right to be guiding the UK through this difficult time. May can't make a decision and it's well known in the UK civil service. She should have the decency like Cameron to step down when the time is right. 

Doesn't seem to be a difficult time for our peers now does it?

Ignoring the peasants is no bad thing! Ask Wat Tyler! (For the record, The Pedant'a revolt was led by WHICH Tyler)

Of course Hammond and May think Brexit is utter folly; they're no fools (or peasants)

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

I bet it's really difficult for some entitled snowflake to swallow the fact that in careers like this you need work your way up and that it takes time. Better to have a hissy-fit instead and storm out.

What cabinet ministers have been promoted -- is there any bringing in of new blood or just recycling old blood?  If there is stagnation - then he has a point -- if there is not then there is not (I am not familiar with most of the UK cabinet).  A bad leader tends to only bring in people they are comfortable with -- and thus fail to bring in new blood .... to mix in with the top talent.  It leaves the future of any organization in poor shape going forward.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

British government has managed to be so invisible that the only 2 that I know of  are May and Boris. Hardly bursting with talent just waiting to be PM.

Labour isn't any different except they elected Corbyn and I have seen him on the telly spouting all sorts of rubbish.

The only British MP I would really like to be PM isn't even in politics anymore.

Edited by thaibeachlovers