U.S. says Syria may be developing new types of chemical weapons

webfact

6 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

It can be confusing why the USA(and their lackeys) keep banging on about Iran, Syria, Iraq, Yemen etc, until you look at a map showing the oil fields:

63379de397c18bf6e09315f0187e2e30--maps-h

Not so long ago Britain controlled Oman, the UAE, Bahrain, and Iraq. ( can't remember offhand about Qatar and Kuwait ). If the British rulers don't cry about giving it all away every night as they go to sleep, they should.

I didn't know that Egypt has oil, but Britain could have had that as well.

Going by the map, it is now apparent to me why Turkey doesn't want the Kurds to be independent.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 2/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Morch said:

It was you who alleged "context" by applying "mind reading" to a one-liner post.

:coffee1:

On 2/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, ilostmypassword said:

"There’s no need to invoke mind reading to explain my comment. Given the context of article, namely that the US is invoking the chemical weapons threat, the more natural reading is to assume that the earlier reference by nurserynutcaseHmmm, “anyone remember Saddam Husseins WMD?” is   Chemical weapons included!!!  Is to  false claims by the USA that Iraq still possessed nuclear weapons on the eve of the 2nd Iraq war and not an assertion that Iraq never had chemical weapons... It seems that the USA is desperately flailing to find some reason to justify its continued presence in Syria. Knowledgeable observers have long questioned what how US would justify its stay in Syria once the threat from ISIS was suppressed.  Given the virulent opposition of Turkey and Iran to any kind of Kurdish entity, not to mention Assad’s and Russia’s opposition, to a continued US presence, it was to be expected that the US would make such a claim whether or not it turns out to be true."

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well, maybe a little.