Want To Delete...but Can't

mrbojangles

Hi peeps,

I want to un-install MS Office Pro 2003 and install MS office (home) 2003 but when i try to un-install it won't let me.

So i have tried to delete each file in the folder seperately and it allows me to delete everything except a file called MSOHEV.DLL access denied.

Does anyone know how i can delete this file as, somehow it is stopping me from loading the home office disc.

Many thanks for any help :o

Alarm bells!!! You could be doing some serious damage there man....

Why wouldn't it let you uninstall using the normal methods?

The DLL you mention is an MS Office specific DLL, but it's highly unrecommended to delete these files manually in case the OS depends on them.

To delete the file, use a rescue boot cd-rom that can read & write NTFS and FAT file systems, then navigate to the directory & delete/rename the file. I've used this technique for stubborn virus files. And, I take no responsibility for destroying your computer. :o

You will probably find the reason you can't uninstall Microsoft Office Pro 2003 is that when you start your computer, it is in the Start -> Programs -> Start Menu. If it is, then right-click and delete the shortcut, so that when Windows starts, it will not be automatically loaded.

You can also go to Start -> Run and type msconfig Then click on the right hand end tag, which should say Startup. Click on this tag and you will get a listing of all the programs which are configured to run when you start your computer. If anything from MS Office is in that list, untick the box.

Restart your computer and you should then be able to uninstall Microsoft Office Pro 2003 and reload your new MS Office suite.

I had a similar problem last week when I wanted to upgrade from MS Office 2003 to MS Office XP.

Hope the above helps.

Peter

Open the window that your stubborn file is in, or bring it up on DOS dir.

Grab your hard drive, put it infront of your monitor, right in front of the file name.

Take a big sledge hammer, and bash away to your hearts content.

It may not be fully deleted, but it willcertainly compress somewhat.

:o

I too, take no responsablitiy