G4T Visa service has re-opened - new name 'Best Friend Visa'

Thailand2020

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, scottiejohn said:

I agree it gives retirees free time (to spend as they see fit).

It gives retirees lots of free time to spend as they wish and allowing them to enjoy themselves doing what they want and not necessarily hanging around out of town shopping malls ) which are probably of no interest to them what so ever.  And if you are a senior retiree do you really want to get up in the early hours of the morning to travel out of town to arrive at a closed Mall 0530? I most certainly don't.  My agent can do that.

Giving a tiny little bit of one's ill-gotten gains away, after years of blood sweat and tears to build up the nest egg you have, to spend the way you wish is a person's choice and they should be left to it without the sanctimonious whining of many people who should not be sticking their noses into other peoples personal choices.  They can waste their day(s) as they wish.  I will spend my time and money as I wish and having reach my, relatively, advanced years I do not think I need any advice from anybody else on how to spend MY time or money.

Surely you must have realised that the majority of folk would give negative comments. I entirely agree with you, what you do with your time and money is your business. For the record I also use an agent who collects all the paperwork from my home (also they check that it is correct) and then they also pick me up to take me to immigration later in the day. Don't see anything wrong with this. I guess those that are being critical don't have the wherewithal to take this route.

Edited by rossd
Added one extra sentence.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, amexpat said:

"I  arrived at 8:10 for retirement extension. Got a number and returned at 1:30.  Finished at 2:15. No agent."

What do you expect scuttiejohn?  Videos? Sworn statement from witnesses?  Maybe it was luck on a slow day. It happened. 

I am not offended because your pompous, presumptuous, cutesy opinion is of no consequence. 

I'm going to try to duplicate your experience tomorrow since I have to be over near there anyway but I think it is indeed a matter of luck more than anything. 

I don't mean that just about Immigration but Thailand in general.  It seems that "the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" applies to Thailand more than any other place I've been.  I don't mean that in a nasty way; it just seems to be a fact of life here.  Sometimes it actually can be a good thing, ya know?

30 minutes ago, amexpat said:

"I  arrived at 8:10 for retirement extension. Got a number and returned at 1:30.  Finished at 2:15. No agent."

What do you expect scuttiejohn?  Videos? Sworn statement from witnesses?  Maybe it was luck on a slow day. It happened. 

I am not offended because your pompous, presumptuous, cutesy opinion is of no consequence. 

Why the attack on me with that post. 

You are NOT claiming to be a member of the "Beam me up/down Scottie" Club who do things at Prom in 60-90Mins.

Your timescale seems to be the norm for PROM but not a timescale I will ever accept! 

I was MOST definitely NOT getting at you in that post.

The others, however, who I am getting at, know who they are!

PS; I have just reread my earlier post and the "quote"  I thought I had imbedded/responded to seems to be missing so we appear to be attacking each other for the wrong reasons.  

Sorry?

Edited by scottiejohn
PS added

6 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

"the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry"

Actually the quote from the "Bard" is;

"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men

Gang aft agley,"

"To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest With the Plough, November, 1785" is a Scots-language poem written by Robert Burns.

33 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Actually the quote from the "Bard" is;

"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men

Gang aft agley,"

"To a Mouse, on Turning Her Up in Her Nest With the Plough, November, 1785" is a Scots-language poem written by Robert Burns.

Good catch; I'm impressed!  Judging by your Forum ID who should better know than you?.  

Maybe the poem should be posted on the wall at Chiang Mai Immigration. 

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain;

The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,

Gang aft agley,  (often go awry)

An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, tpthai2 said:

Note: Last year G-4 charged 5,900bt for the Marriage extension.

This year they are asking 7,800bt.

"Best Friend Visa" quoted 5,900bt for the Marriage Extension.

Just sayn'

3 years ago the G4T agency were charging 3000 baht plus 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension. 2 years ago when it became the Tian agency, they charged 6900 baht that included the 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension that included 4 free 90 day reports. This year the Tian agency charged 6900 baht that included the 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension but no free 90 day reports. As for next year, the sky`s the limit.

You can expect the agency fees to increase in leaps and bounds every year, now they have us by the short and curlies. Better start saving those bahts in your piggy bank and be prepared.

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

3 years ago the G4T agency were charging 3000 baht plus 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension. 2 years ago when it became the Tian agency, they charged 6900 baht that included the 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension that included 4 free 90 day reports. This year the Tian agency charged 6900 baht that included the 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension but no free 90 day reports. As for next year, the sky`s the limit.

You can expect the agency fees to increase in leaps and bounds every year, now they have us by the short and curlies. Better start saving those bahts in your piggy bank and be prepared.

Tian charged me 5900 THB as I elected not to take the 90 day reports.

7 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

3 years ago the G4T agency were charging 3000 baht plus 1900 baht government fee for a retirement extension

G4T became Best Friend Visa (if you consider the people involved and not the location) and their charges are the same now as you state above.  Just confirmed by email with them.  Fine service when I used them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1