Cost of Cement Drive

I am preparing a budget for improvements to a house in Khon Kaen province and would appreciate to know estimate cost of Cement from CPAC, excluding the rebar, for a drive 17 x 6 metres long.  I understand a minimum depth should be no less than 10 centimetres providing usa is restricted to cars.  Heavier vehicles I'm told require a greater depth.

Many thanks in anticipation of receipt of advice forthcoming.

Thank you for that idea - as you say it looks more attractive.  May I ask you for a little more info?

What depth would it be necessary to excavate to?  Pedestrian.and car use.

Crushed rock of 5 Cms then 3 cm depth sharp sand followed by the pavers.  Correct?

I'm.told pavers cost about 20 baht each.  Again correct?

Grateful your advice.  Thank you.

On 2/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, JackScarlett said:

Thank you for that idea - as you say it looks more attractive.  May I ask you for a little more info?

What depth would it be necessary to excavate to?  Pedestrian.and car use.

Crushed rock of 5 Cms then 3 cm depth sharp sand followed by the pavers.  Correct?

I'm.told pavers cost about 20 baht each.  Again correct?

Grateful your advice.  Thank you.

I did mine about 7 year ago, grey blocks were 6baht, we already have gravel drive and yes abiut 3cm of sand. Was about180 square metres, took two guys about a week. Weeds do grow through the joins but spray with killer every three months is enough. Still looks new 

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

I did mine about 7 year ago, grey blocks were 6baht, we already have gravel drive and yes abiut 3cm of sand. Was about180 square metres, took two guys about a week. Weeds do grow through the joins but spray with killer every three months is enough. Still looks new 

Out of curiousity could you please tell me how much the grey blocks cost and what size they were to cover the 180 sq/mt?

My drive is about 50 metres long and 4 metres wide, so some 200 sq/mt in area. It is already gravel on a small slope  which we laid coming up for 9 or 10 years ago but it is rutted badly through use. I think I will need to get it graded before laying the sand and blocks.

The alternative would be to use a mesh grid and concrete from CPAC every 4 metres. At 5cm depth it would take about 10 cu/mt and 20 cu/mt if I get 10cm depth.

I think my biggest problem will be finding the shuttering board in 4 metre x 20cm lengths and then finding some bitumen to seal the gap between each 4 metre square.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

What size are the blocks? (LxWxD)

Go to online.onestockhome.com, click for English in top right, then landscape items at bottom of menu on left. All sorts of pavers with costs and sizes.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Go to online.onestockhome.com, click for English in top right, then landscape items at bottom of menu on left. All sorts of pavers with costs and sizes.

Thank you for that information.

They look OK, length and width are OK, the price is fine but they are only 35mm thick.

I am not sure if they are stong enough to take a heavy load.

Sometimes in the dry season we get water delivered by the local fire truck which weighs about 20 tons fully loaded. Other than that it looks good.

I will have a poke around in the next few days to see what is available locally and at Global House whic is 65km away in Khampaeng Phet.