Two charged for trafficking underage girls for prostitution targeting foreign customers in Chon Buri

webfact

Two charged for trafficking underage prostitute

By Theerawat Thongma, 
Dethawee Theewarangkool 
The Nation

aae128118721c81e1521598f76b5eeb4.jpeg

A 41-year-old woman was arrested on Sunday for allegedly procuring girls under 18 for prostitution targeting foreign customers in Chon Buri province.

Amornrat Kateuy was apprehended along with German national Hans Peter Walter Mack, 56, who was allegedly a customer at a house in Tambon Nong Prue, Bang Lamung district.

5e6f1572d6f08e3f7b7baea246445990.jpeg

Police, who were staking out the house after receiving an allegation of prostitution involving underage girls, said they spotted Amornrat riding a motorcycle with a teenage girl. The German man followed them to the house on another motorcycle. 

Police said they saw Amornrat and a girl inside the house, and a shirtless German later emerged from a bedroom. When the occupants of the house refused to open the door, police broke in and found a 15-year-old girl in the bedroom, wearing only a towel. 

The girl told police that the man had bought a sexual service from her and that Amornrat had taken her there to perform the service.

Amornrat and Mack face charges of human trafficking and procuring/buying a sex service provided by an underage girl.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339157

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-19
  • Sad 1

Pretty sick in my opinion. While I can understand the desire for a young woman, I can't understand in the realm of normalcy or sex, the desire for a young child. Gosh a middle aged man isn't satisfied with a young and fit 22 year old?   So it seems obvious it is beyond just a physical thing.  Publicly identify the man, ridicule him, make an example of him to others, prior to, and during his imprisonment.

Edited by gk10002000
typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand how the customer is charged with human trafficking? Does anyone know what the definition is of human trafficking under Thai law as it seems that whenever a story like this appears, human trafficking is always mentioned?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

In some countries you can legally marry at the age of 11yrs. Amazing how high and mighty some people can get and yet when it comes to taking action like protesting one's own government possibly (worth having a look at the legal age that girls can marry back home) they remain quite or couldn't care less.

Of course it goes without saying I am only talking about situations where all participants do so with their full concent.

Just because some countries basically not only condone but actively encourage paedophilia doesn't make it right. Both of these scumbags and anyone else involved with in the practice deserve jailing for a  LONG, LONG time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I don't understand how the customer is charged with human trafficking? Does anyone know what the definition is of human trafficking under Thai law as it seems that whenever a story like this appears, human trafficking is always mentioned?

Really? If it wasn't for nonces like him the pimp wouldn't have a customer base. Bang them both up for 25 years.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Interestingly, and I do NOT post this as any form of defence of the German in the article as he was using the girl for purposes of prostitution, which has a different age threshold, but the age of concent for Thailand according to the attached link is 15? Shockingly, there are some which are as low as 11yo!

https://www.ageofconsent.net/world

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nahkit said:

I was thinking much the same thing. Sensational Headline perhaps He can certainly be charged with the under-age sex though.

• Like 2

In some countries you can legally marry at the age of 11yrs. Amazing how high and mighty some people can get and yet when it comes to taking action like protesting one's own government possibly (worth having a look at the legal age that girls can marry back home) they remain quite or couldn't care less.

Of course it goes without saying I am only talking about situations where all participants do so with their full concent.

This topic is not about what other countries laws or socially accepted norms may be! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yea right. I offered her two lollipops and she agreed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

I can never understand these sick bast@ards. There are thousands of working ladies around Thailand who ply their trade yet, these creatures have to go one better and pick up children. What is wrong with them?

Their brains are wired up all wrong. I doubt there is any hope to change that short of electro-shock therapy.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1