Two charged for trafficking underage girls for prostitution targeting foreign customers in Chon Buri

webfact

1 minute ago, KKr said:

where does the trafficking charge come in, was the girl abducted, or brought in from abroad ?

the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent ...

dotpoom, are you from one of those countries? Why would you even think like that?

This 15 year old is underage, and both Adults deserve a long time in jail. Too bad that this

is Thailand and the justice works different here if it even works at all.  Obviously the garbage

department in Pattaya and Jomtien are on strike, as it is piled up all over the place. Disgusting!

Geezer

12 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Certainly the girl was underage according to Thai law, but you need to learn the meaning of the word, 'paedophile'.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet?  

I get it, you are more outraged by the misuse of  the word paedophile over misuse of a child.

how about we all agree on the term "beast" for anyone paying for sex with a child under age 18.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harbouring or receipt of persons, by means of threat or use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerability or of the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent ...

hmmm, I see, so transporting a 17 year old to do something that person chooses to do is called human trafficking now.
So there seems to be some inflation going on in legal lingo.
What is it called when someone is being abducted and made to work? also Human trafficking, isn't it .
I'd argue that these are not compatible crimes.

Edited by KKr

Catoni, Thanks for letting us know what,  Muhammad was like, back in his day, and with the Sharia law

supporting Muslims who may believe that 13 is old enough for marriage, I am not sure what Pakistan

is like but, I think that the countries that even think that 15 is old enough for the age of consent, caved into letting Adults have sex with girls that are really too young for having children and not being able to get through their teens without the complex world of getting pregnant, or being married, or both. It really is a sick world that we all live in. This is of course only my humble opinion.

Geezer

• Like 1

some of you people really need to take a long hard look at what you are posting here

any one of you that thinks it is ok to have sex (never mind arrange and pay) with a 14 year old girl really needs to get help, you have a sick problem that needs professional attention before you get into trouble

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, poanoi said:

15 is legal age of sex in sweden, is thailand any different ?
in fact, is any country any different ?

do you understand the reason why

it certainly is not meant to give 30 - 70 year old sickos a free pass to engage with these children

1 minute ago, smedly said:

do you understand the reason why

it certainly is not meant to give 30 - 70 year old sickos a free pass to engage with these children

on that part i agree entirely, but i still sooner see a 15 year ole couple with a 30 year ole,

than i see a 20 year ole couple with a 60+ year ole

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

She is 14 by the western understanding of age not 15, not that it makes much difference

i sort of got distance to the whole thing when i heard a 12 yo boy sold sex

in order to play online games.

it would not have come to my mind as a child, the population here see prostitution

in all shapes as the natural flow of things, whatever makes them happy, why should i be arsed

with bothering, i got my standard, they got theirs

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

This is the sort of activity that gives the place a bad rep' .. And the old trout that helped facilitate it deserves whatever the offender gets .. Which if there's any moral justice here should be a long time in Clink .. 

More likely the farang will get a much more severe sentence than the Thai.

By the time the case gets to court the 15 year old will have reversed her statement about having sex for money.  There is simply no money in testifying against them but she can earn a lot for saying she was intimidated by police into making the incriminating statement but it was not true.

13 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i sort of got distance to the whole thing when i heard a 12 yo boy sold sex

in order to play online games.

it would not have come to my mind as a child, the population here see prostitution

in all shapes as the natural flow of things, whatever makes them happy, why should i be arsed

with bothering, i got my standard, they got theirs

the morality is very firmly with the adults regardless of what the law says or anything else for that matter, the age of consent in some countries is set for very specific reasons and a 50 year old looking for 15 year for sex isn't one of them 

and in this case - any adult  that thinks it is ok to go looking for a 14 year old child to have sex with  is a real sick (deleted) in my books and if it was my daughter - you'd be in real trouble if I found out about it 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

What more can you say? despite all the extensive efforts by the law enforcement

agencies and other NGO groups those activities is continuing and will continue

to be so as long as men covet young girls and enough unscrupulous local

people who'll fill this demand for pure greed....

Haha, maybe they don't have CEO from Oxfam in Thaialnd.

4 hours ago, hstnasia said:

I can’t say much on this since all 3 parties are consented. The Mama is Willin to procure the girl for a fee, the girl is will party for a quick buck (sincere apology if she comes from poor family who needs to get into this trade to support the rest, and that’s a sad sad case) and a perverted foreigner who’s willing to pay. Demand and supply matched, chicken and egg thing I guess. 

the teenage girl will be able to join the "money hunters' on thaifriendly in 3 or 4 quick years

Edited by atyclb

Maybe 15 years is the age of consent. But 18 is they age of consent for selling sex (unofficially because this is illegal in Thailand )

Selling or paying for sex is not illegal in Thailand, as long as it is not done "promiscuously". Paying for sex with someone under 18 is illegal in Thailand under all circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Ninni said:

Think if it was your daughter or son!

THEN I think your answer would be diffrent!!!!!

Normally a good mother and father would not allow this girl to anywhere near Pattaya etc.   PROBLEM here in rural areas it is condoned by many parents if money can be sent back to the local post office.  There are a million doing it.