PM asks Thais to learn from past conflicts

webfact

PM asks Thais to learn from past conflicts

PNPOL610218001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 19th February 2018 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has urged members of the Thai public to use past conflicts as lessons to move the nation forward. 

Relaying Gen Prayut’s message, Government Spokesperson Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Thai people should unite their efforts to strive for economic and social development, and draw on past mistakes and conflicts in order to build a better future. 

Happiness occurs when everyone understands their roles and responsibilities as well as lives within their means in accordance with the sufficiency economy philosophy, a concept given to Thailand by HM the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej. 

Lt Gen Sansern added that the current administration is committed to fighting corruption and drug running, improving the wellbeing of grassroots people, revitalizing the economy, and closing the inequality gap. 

Lastly, he said the government and the National Council for Peace and Order never forbid anyone from expressing themselves, but their actions must be within the confines of the law.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-02-19

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Lt Gen Sansern added that the current administration is committed to fighting corruption and drug running, improving the wellbeing of grassroots people, revitalizing the economy, and closing the inequality gap.

As everything they say is a complete lie with the opposite being true, i am now starting to suspect the military is profiting hugely from running drugs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Happily they have not been linked to any atrocities. 

Yes happily they haven't...I chose that screen capture to illustrate the  skewed history + lot of Thais will answer  Charlie Chaplin  if you show them a photo of Hitler and ask who it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

This is place is the closest thing to groundhog's day.  It is an endless loop.

I have the strange feeling that very little history is taught in schools here. Sure they memorize a bit about 1 through 10, and maybe a bit about running off the Burmese interlopers 500 years ago. I doubt any mention is made of history since 1932?

ViciousCycle.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

not very subtle; a lot of generalities with an imbedded message of 'military dominance is a safer option than politicians'

the continued reference to commitment to fighting corruption, given the current and recent well reported issues, again shows that there seems a belief that the people will accept and believe anything they're told. Which these days is no longer the case. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Happiness occurs when everyone understands their roles and responsibilities as well as lives within their means in accordance with the sufficiency economy philosophy, a concept given to Thailand by HM the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej. 

I do believe the King would have said this from his heart.