Son kills father with an axe to the face then smiles as he tells the neighbors

webfact

Son kills father with an axe to the face then smiles as he tells the neighbors

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 22 year old is in custody after he attacked his 74 year old father in the kitchen with an axe.

Police who arrived at a house in Muang district of Chumpon found Seri, 74, dead on the floor of the kitchen with a wound that stretched from his mouth to his ear.

Embedded in a work surface nearby was a wooden handled, meter long bloodstained axe. Crockery and food was scattered all over the place.

Waiting at the scene was 22 year old Wuthichai the victim's son. Both his hands were covered in blood. He was grinning.

Moments earlier had told neighbors laughing and with a smile on his face that he had just murdered his father, reported Sanook.

He was quickly removed from the scene for his own protection as angry relatives and neighbors gathered.

Police learned that the son was a habitual Ya Ba user who had frequent arguments with his parents that often ended in violence.

They understand that an argument broke out at the dinner table with the son going to get the axe and murdering his own father.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-21

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

For all its eccentricities, their is probably less usage if Yaba per headcount in the army I would figure. And if forces to live without the bank of mum and dad they may not have any money for it

It is commonly recounted by Thai males conscripted in to the army that in the first couple of weeks of basic training 10% of the conscripts show obvious symptoms of methamphetamine withdrawal. One of the symptoms is trying to escape to go and score some more meth or ya ba, if you will. They are invariably caught and severely beaten as a punishment and the result shown as an example to the other conscripts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It is commonly recounted by Thai males conscripted in to the army that in the first couple of weeks of basic training 10% of the conscripts show obvious symptoms of methamphetamine withdrawal. One of the symptoms is trying to escape to go and score some more meth or ya ba, if you will. They are invariably caught and severely beaten as a punishment and the result shown as an example to the other conscripts.

Sounds like a good idea to me. And if the 'criminal' conscript does it a second time, double the 'punishment' (include jail and compulsory drying out, without any help, while incarcerated). :thumbsup:

With this particular piece of s**t incarceration and drying out first, then Army conscription for a number of years and never to be promoted!

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Sounds like a good idea to me. And if the 'criminal' conscript does it a second time, double the 'punishment' (include jail and compulsory drying out, without any help, while incarcerated). :thumbsup:

With this particular piece of s**t incarceration and drying out first, then Army conscription for a number of years and never to be promoted!

The drying out is compulsory. The beating is often so bad including broken legs that the conscript is no longer fit for military service. (Desertion is viewed very negatively) Some do not survive. The military are not held accountable.

Army conscription is 2 years in Thailand and conscripts are not promoted.

• Thanks 1

I never understand why the parents and family keep supporting their drug addicted and violent sons.  I would expect them to try to help them a few times, and then chuck them out on the street and have nothing to do with them... especially when they are physically attacking their parents!

Maybe its cultural that they would loose face if people knew they kicked their children out?

31 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I never understand why the parents and family keep supporting their drug addicted and violent sons.  I would expect them to try to help them a few times, and then chuck them out on the street and have nothing to do with them... especially when they are physically attacking their parents!

Maybe its cultural that they would loose face if people knew they kicked their children out?

I also have had this thought.

I don't think it is a face issue.

I think 2 factors are at play.

1. A complete lack of support networks and safety nets both for the addict and for society impacted by the addict's behaviour. In the West, we have the police, social services, health care, generous social security and charities. If you are a drug addict in the UK, the money and support you receive is very generous. In Thailand, the safety nets do not exist.

2. The strong family obligations here that are part of the culture. These are both financial and emotional. It is not uncommon to see twenty-something problem addicts living with their parent/s in the West. So since obligations are stronger here, one is more likely to see it in Thailand.

Finally I am sure Thai parents do kick out their addicted or violent offspring. These are the cases that don't make the news.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The drying out is compulsory. The beating is often so bad including broken legs that the conscript is no longer fit for military service. (Desertion is viewed very negatively) Some do not survive. The military are not held accountable.

Army conscription is 2 years in Thailand and conscripts are not promoted.

:thumbsup:

Just another little scumbag that probably didn't get what he wanted every time. By the look of that photo he's even got a dodgy stache  and mullet to go with the douchbaggery that is inherent within...painful. Toss the prick in jail for 20 and make him work there...not just lounge around taking even more drugs.