Windows Xplicense

uk_falang

hi

i run a restaurant in thailand and would like to install a windows machine for customers to use.

i understand that thailand is clamping down on pirate software, is this a problem if you have just one computer?

Where should i get an original version? someone told me to just install a copy and go to windows explorer and open the explorer help menu and click the option to see if this copy of windows is legal. From there i get taken to apage where i can buy and print out a license and stick this to the side of my computer.

Is this right advice?

Also do i need to buy the professional window xp seeing as it is not in my home i can not use the home edition??

someone said i could get a second hand license from somewhere on the cheap - but where?

Alternatively i might try linux - i will ask about this in another thread

Please advise

hi

i run a restaurant in thailand and would like to install a windows machine for customers to use.

i understand that thailand is clamping down on pirate software, is this a problem if you have just one computer?

Where should i get an original version? someone told me to just install a copy and go to windows explorer and open the explorer help menu and click the option to see if this copy of windows is legal. From there i get taken to apage where i can buy and print out a license and stick this to the side of my computer.

Is this right advice?

Also do i need to buy the professional window xp seeing as it is not in my home i can not use the home edition??

someone said i could get a second hand license from somewhere on the cheap - but where?

Please advise

2. Hand is the sticker form an OEM XP only. You can use the Home edition as well, doesn't matter but the home edition is downgraded and dont has all the features as the Pro edition.

Any Interest in an License Sticker, PM me.

hi yes i am interested in buying a second hand copy

what does OEM mean? I keep seeing this acronym?

i have already installed pro version but i guess i should downgrade to home edition

hi

Is this right advice?

Please advise

2. Hand is the sticker form an OEM XP only. You can use the Home edition as well, doesn't matter but the home edition is downgraded and dont has all the features as the Pro edition.

Any Interest in an License Sticker, PM me.

If you just want something for customers to surf and check email from I'd load Ubuntu linux on it. It's free, as easy to use as Windows, and virtually immune to most malware that infects Windows machines.

Best of all, there's no licensing issues.

Thanks

i am thinking of that but the problem is that i use gprs and i want to use onspeed but it isnt supported for linux by the looks of it. if i could find a good accelerator program that works with linux thn i woud switch to linux

If you just want something for customers to surf and check email from I'd load Ubuntu linux on it. It's free, as easy to use as Windows, and virtually immune to most malware that infects Windows machines.

Best of all, there's no licensing issues.

I do not beleive it matters where you bought Windows.

There are Asian copies available at reasonable prices,

or you can pay MS direct on their website to get a genuine licence number.

The XP home you get in Thailand is usually (but not always) capable of both languages (check when buying). The UK version can be made to use Thai with a bit of work adding language support.

It's almost always cheaper to buy in store than to buy a license from the Microsoft website.

I have got windows XP professional on my desk top but M/s say its not a genuine copy so I cant download IE 76 if I wanted to;

Obviously a copy installed when I bought it I still get cruticial updates though.

There must be a patch somewhere that you can download that corrects this?

I have got windows XP professional on my desk top but M/s say its not a genuine copy so I cant download IE 76 if I wanted to;

Obviously a copy installed when I bought it I still get cruticial updates though.

There must be a patch somewhere that you can download that corrects this?

Yes, it's called a genuine copy of Windows. :o