Power out in Thonglor.

berybert

Sometime around 12.30 this afternoon everything went off. There are often power outages here but this one went on for so long I decided to take a walk.

Sadly I didn't take a phone with me so missed a photo op.

Two cement delivery lorries tangled up in the power lines that one had either knocked over or it had fallen onto his truck. 

Total mess.

Passing back 3 hours later the lorries have gone and there are 20 or so workers trying to sort out what wire goes where !!

Still the power is back on already so things are looking up.

Edited by berybert

Going back even 5-6 years around Thonglor there used to be if not daily, at least weekly power outages. I can only remember one or two in the past years since then, and seemingly most are either caused by an accident (Like yesterday) or are for scheduled maintenance. The lines might look messy and chaotic, but they are doing something right if the consistency of power continues to improve like it has done.

LAst night around midnight there was a big storm, we lost power in the moobaan and had to drive through flooded roads.

On the mainroads was kneedeep standing water with cars floating in it, i saw motocycles falling in it (holes in the road i guess) and it was a disaster.

Bangkok needs new drains plus new electric systems....pronto..

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Was it this one? Soi 36, so Thonglor area, a few days back. 

1520122647463.jpg

Yes that was the one. Fella should have turned in before soi 36 and past the motor taxi guys, sadly he turned into 36 and pulled all the wires down. There was another lorry behind him that was tangled up too.