The crush is over, says Phuket airport deputy manager

snoop1130

The crush is over, says Phuket airport deputy manager

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1519726459_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Senior management at Phuket International Airport has played down the long queues of passengers arriving in Phuket waiting to clear immigration yesterday and today (Feb 26-27).

The overload was created by flights rescheduled to arrive in Phuket out side the hours when workers were carrying out repairs to the runway and an area near a taxiway, Sumpan Kutranoon, Deputy General Manager of the Phuket International Airport, told The Phuket News today (Feb 27).

The repairs were decided on Sunday evening, and saw the runway closed to all takeofffs and landings from 2am to 7am yesterday and today.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/the-crush-is-over-says-phuket-airport-deputy-manager-66139.php#XSGRAkUpVvMHKCfW.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-2-27

Pull the other one, I stood outside the domestic at Phuket for an hour recently, I was in one of three ques with some idiots trying to push into my que, but when I gave them the heave ho, they said oh sorry I didn't know, yeh right.

Once inside, I had to wait another hour to drop off my bag, with more idiots try to push in the que, what is wrong with people.

The recent renovation should have taken into consideration a forward extension of the terminal so as to accommodate those of us departing, and an additional 3 entrances with more staff and x-ray machinery as opposed to pocketing a lot of the money as usual, then again I suppose these clowns think farangs have patience like Thai's.

Give me a break !!!

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

If Immigration Officers can admit passengers in an average of 45 seconds on one day, why can't they do it the rest of the time?

Surely the practices are exactly the same?

They can, but they choose not to.  It seems I/O's like to have their 3-5 minutes of power.

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Pull the other one, I stood outside the domestic at Phuket for an hour recently, I was in one of three ques with some idiots trying to push into my que, but when I gave them the heave ho, they said oh sorry I didn't know, yeh right.

Once inside, I had to wait another hour to drop off my bag, with more idiots try to push in the que, what is wrong with people.

The recent renovation should have taken into consideration a forward extension of the terminal so as to accommodate those of us departing, and an additional 3 entrances with more staff and x-ray machinery as opposed to pocketing a lot of the money as usual, then again I suppose these clowns think farangs have patience like Thai's.

Give me a break !!!

Out of interest what nationality were the Que jumpers?