Arsenal

MiG16

Arshavin, Santos and Gervingo give the lie to the popular myth that Wenger is a genius at picking talent. 25 million quid plus for what?

Dont forget Jeffers, Reyes, Cygan, Wright, Hleb, Silvestre, Stepanov, Denelevicus, Pennant, Grondin, KIlpatrick, Squillacci, Park Ch Yung, Baptoista, Chamakh, Oleg Luzny, Boa Morte, Wreh, ......not exactly the sort of player such a genius would buy.biggrin.png

you take that back about Ian Wright and wash your mouth out !!! What? Richard? ... fine carry on...

Ian Wrong is a total imbecile btw...

Arshavin, Santos and Gervingo give the lie to the popular myth that Wenger is a genius at picking talent. 25 million quid plus for what?

Dont forget Jeffers, Reyes, Cygan, Wright, Hleb, Silvestre, Stepanov, Denelevicus, Pennant, Grondin, KIlpatrick, Squillacci, Park Ch Yung, Baptoista, Chamakh, Oleg Luzny, Boa Morte, Wreh, ......not exactly the sort of player such a genius would buy.biggrin.png

you take that back about Ian Wright and wash your mouth out !!! What? Richard? ... fine carry on...

Ian Wrong is a total imbecile btw...

C'est Vrai but you can't argue with his 179 goals in the shirt (or indeed my French pretentiousness)

Yes he was ca top striker with a very good strike rate especially as he played in the George Graham era of 1-0 to the Arsenal when you were an afront to everything beautiful and exciting in the game.

Now ask me about Sol Campbell.....

Yes he was ca top striker with a very good strike rate especially as he played in the George Graham era of 1-0 to the Arsenal when you were an afront to everything beautiful and exciting in the game.

Now ask me about Sol Campbell.....

What think ye of Sol Campbell?

cheesy.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif ,love it,bradford arent that bad a side

I live only 4 miles from their ground (when in the UK, which is not a lot these days), but have never actually been inside the Coral Windows Stadium* Clearly, as a switch-team-johhny glory hunter I need to correct that! Now, where do I find the match schedule over the Xmas period for the Fourth Division?

*Come on boys & girls, let's call it by its proper name - clubs get a lot of money for these name changes and we don't want to bite the hand that feeds them now, do we? whistling.gif

to misquote mr fields (not gracie) i went too bradford once,but it was closed.

Perhaps he's talking about Richard Wright....

we know, we know..

speaking of strikers under Graham, I had lunch with Anders Limpar today, his first trip to Thailand and he's enjoyed it immensely. Didn't realise he'd gone the MLS route before returning to Sweden

Perhaps he's talking about Richard Wright....

we know, we know..

speaking of strikers under Graham, I had lunch with Anders Limpar today, his first trip to Thailand and he's enjoyed it immensely. Didn't realise he'd gone the MLS route before returning to Sweden

Saw him at a testimonial (Adams maybe?). Boy did meep meep put some weight on!

• Like 1

I was only picking out the contemporary ones that cost more than a few million quid. All the other contemprary ones you quote like Squillaci and Chamakh are dross but didnt cost a lot (I think, relying on memory rather than research). All clubs in the EPL have litanies of cheaper players who have not worked out - product of having telly-cash to splash.

Reading were a bit naive but Arsenal showed greater purpose and intensity than they have for a while. Walcott in shop window mode without a doubt.

Gave away 2 quick goals to keep everyone interested but thank gawd we didn't do a vs Newcastle.

Sent from Android please allow errors in type or judgment.

Reading were a bit naive but Arsenal showed greater purpose and intensity than they have for a while. Walcott in shop window mode without a doubt.

Gave away 2 quick goals to keep everyone interested but thank gawd we didn't do a vs Newcastle.

Yeah ^ ^ . . . that memory briefly passed through my mind, but It never looked like we would break down like that today.

You could tell that Reading is one of the least-skilled teams in the EPL

Nice to see the goals flowing, but I agree we should not get too carried away; Reading provided the worst defensive display I have seen from an EPL team in many a season. Absolutely zero pressing in the first half. We struggle against even relegation zone teams when they press our midfield and play a high line. Experienced EPL managers have all twigged that, so what the hell was McDermott thinking? I blame him not the players as they were clearly on the wrong strategy. Deserves the boot this morning!

Nice to see the goals flowing, but I agree we should not get too carried away; Reading provided the worst defensive display I have seen from an EPL team in many a season. Absolutely zero pressing in the first half. We struggle against even relegation zone teams when they press our midfield and play a high line. Experienced EPL managers have all twigged that, so what the hell was McDermott thinking? I blame him not the players as they were clearly on the wrong strategy. Deserves the boot this morning!

He could well be the next manager to get the boot. They are aweful at the moment

He could well be the next manager to get the boot. They are aweful at the moment

Which makes it all the more galling that they walk through our defence and score two goals. We are still short of that monster in midfield I'm afraid.

Yeah ^ ^ . . . that memory briefly passed through my mind, but It never looked like we would break down like that today.

Passed through mine too!

I wonder if it passed through the players' as well. Mind you, at 4-0 up they probably thought they could switch off. That's not the sign of a strong team, they need to close games out and work for 90+ minutes.

I'd say winning away 5-2 to any PL team is a very good performance. Teams go 4-0 up quite often (mostly at home) or score 3 in the first 10 minutes etc. But they very rarely finish up with the scoreline that's expected after that.

It's a funny old game.

I agree that they need strength in the middle though.

Edited by uptheos

I wonder if it passed through the players' as well. Mind you, at 4-0 up they probably thought they could switch off. That's not the sign of a strong team, they need to close games out and work for 90+ minutes.

I'd say winning away 5-2 to any PL team is a very good performance. Teams go 4-0 up quite often (mostly at home) or score 3 in the first 10 minutes etc. But they very rarely finish up with the scoreline that's expected after that.

It's a funny old game.

Well Reading were pitiful, and I'm sorry but the way we've been playing, a team with not much more spirit would have troubled us with more than two goals last night.

Things are on the up, but we are still not at the stage where we can look at the next three fixtures and expect maximum points, as Man Ure and Citeh would.

It's a funny old game.

Well Reading were pitiful, and I'm sorry but the way we've been playing, a team with not much more spirit would have troubled us with more than two goals last night.

Things are on the up, but we are still not at the stage where we can look at the next three fixtures and expect maximum points, as Man Ure and Citeh would.

Speaking of . . . . our next 3 fixtures and last 3 of 2012:

- WIgan . away. Dec.22nd

- West Ham . home . Dec.26th

- Newcastle . home . Dec.29th

It's a funny old game.

- WIgan . away. Dec.22nd

Arsenal say their Premier League match against West Ham on Boxing Day is in doubt because of possible industrial action on the London Underground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20772223

- WIgan . away. Dec.22nd

And that's why I said what I did.

- WIgan . away. Dec.22nd

i think you should expect to win those three games. Try to be more positive!

The problem with Le Arse is more to do with the boring style of football and a lifeless stadium.

But i digress. smile.png

- WIgan . away. Dec.22nd

i think you should expect to win those three games. Try to be more positive!

The problem with Le Arse is more to do with the boring style of football and a lifeless stadium.

But i digress. smile.png

I must admit, as I watched a workmanlike tiny totts struggling to break down Swansea, I did chuckle at the large and apparently permanent banner that said "Football is about Glory".

Still living in the Sixties I see.

thumbsup.gif

Update:

Arsenal v West Ham game originally fixed for Boxing Day now postponed to later in January - probable tube strike and the Borough Council won't lift parking restrictions (can't say I blame them as budgets of all councils are screwed down tight). Good news as we will get 3 fixtures over 2 weeks instead of 4. Bad news as we might reasonably have hoped for a good run up to New Year.

Arsenal play Bayern in the Champions League. Bayern are currently on a big roll in the Bundesliga, but that could all change of course by mid Jan. There are no easy ties left anyway.

Update:

Arsenal v West Ham game originally fixed for Boxing Day now postponed to later in January - probable tube strike and the Borough Council won't lift parking restrictions (can't say I blame them as budgets of all councils are screwed down tight). Good news as we will get 3 fixtures over 2 weeks instead of 4. Bad news as we might reasonably have hoped for a good run up to New Year.

Arsenal play Bayern in the Champions League. Bayern are currently on a big roll in the Bundesliga, but that could all change of course by mid Jan. There are no easy ties left anyway.

Well its bye bye goons !