Arsenal

MiG16

I see a very pissy Saturday night in my future.....

smile.png

for this weekend's arsenal - liverpool? not if you're in chiang mai you don't. bars are all shut because of the election.

I'm not in Chiang Mai but even if I was I'd have a bar to watch it in with an ample flow of grog.

:nosetap:

biggrin.png

Interesting next 6 matches for the arse will see if they are really up to the task this season.

You can discount tonight as Wenger won't field the first team.

Liverpool in form and Dortmund will be tough.

I'm not as worried about United as I'd normally be.

Southampton Cardiff and Hull shouldn't ring alarm bells, have to treat them like any team.

We've already beaten Marseille away.

Which 6 matches are you talking about?

Bloody clocks going back!

Probably make it til half time and wake up at 3 am with a frigging crick in the neck, not knowing the result.

So the games are going to be on even later now !!?? You'd think the EPL Asian marketing division would get that sorted out. It's giving me an Alfie-like headache.facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

GMT clocks went back an hour in UK, so we're now 7 hours ahead and it's not like True where you could watch the game the next day if you wanted to. Thankfully there's MOD on UKTV.

Edited by uptheos

The month of November.

Because December gets even more difficult

You think Southampton are also rans? they are actually playing great football and are the form team for me at the moment.

I see a very pissy Saturday night in my future.....

smile.png

for this weekend's arsenal - liverpool? not if you're in chiang mai you don't. bars are all shut because of the election.

I'm not in Chiang Mai but even if I was I'd have a bar to watch it in with an ample flow of grog.

:nosetap:

biggrin.png

haha. share the wealth on a PM? ;)

Interesting next 6 matches for the arse will see if they are really up to the task this season.

You can discount tonight as Wenger won't field the first team.

Liverpool in form and Dortmund will be tough.

I'm not as worried about United as I'd normally be.

Southampton Cardiff and Hull shouldn't ring alarm bells, have to treat them like any team.

We've already beaten Marseille away.

Which 6 matches are you talking about?

I think you'll pick off Cardiff and Hull with little difficulty, the Southampton game will be interesting.

Can't understand why Arsenal have made such a dogsbollocks over the goalkeeping position in recent years. Does Bob Wilson still have a coaching supervisory role Chicog? Great goalie in his time, but have to question his coaching skills if it's down to him.

That said I still fancy Szczszezsznzy to mature into a class goalkeeper eventually (though most top 4 clubs would not have stuck him out in the way Arsenal have). Already shown he is now an excellent shotstopper but still needs a cow fence round the 18yard box to remind him not to run-out-stupid.

Not surprised nor dejected that we got kicked out of that dam_ned cup last night, since it is well known we have a sub-par second string compared to teams that have been shelling out spondoolicks for several years (Mata in your B team for gawd's sake - what is the world coming to?).

Have rarely watched a League Cup game, not even our 2011 final against Brum, such is my disdain of the thing. Seems to make money and keep reserves and some fans enthralled so I don't entirely dismiss it, but it's not for me. Maybe I'd feel differently if we had a bunch of exciting young talents or I lived on London - since its the only way to get into the Emirates on an affordable basis - but I've never been that impressed when I have caught bits of the reserves on TV.

Its Halloween........
I open the door, it creeks loudly, the room looks like it hasnt been used in years, its cold, damp and smells all musty. There are hundreds of cobwebs, the cupboard is bare, then someone turns on the light.
RELIEF....im in the Arsenal trophy room...phew!!!

• Like 2

Its Halloween........

I open the door, it creeks loudly, the room looks like it hasnt been used in years, its cold, damp and smells all musty. There are hundreds of cobwebs, the cupboard is bare, then someone turns on the light.

RELIEF....im in the Arsenal trophy room...phew!!!

Yes and exciting times approaching as i think the annual implosion could be underway. Somehow they've avoided injuries to key areas but nonetheless, things are slowing up. Fancy a streaky draw this weekend and then its game on.

I just can't believe that Wengers going to get away with leaving his squad so threadbare once again.biggrin.png

The journo's having been bigging up Arsenal for two months and i reckon they are about ready to start shooting them down in flames. All this has become an annual event for the football gutter press.!

Edited by carmine

Turned out to be a comfortable win, Liverpool struggled to put a move together except when Arsenal let them, and even then they cocked it up.

Back to serious football midweek, we're going to have to defend a lot better than that.

Turned out to be a comfortable win, Liverpool struggled to put a move together except when Arsenal let them, and even then they cocked it up.

Back to serious football midweek, we're going to have to defend a lot better than that.

Please could we put together a move? "yes, please do" A thousand thankyou's

well beaten. well played gooners but we didn't half make it easy for you. poor from us that and 3-5-2 really doesn't work against very good sides like arsenal. just concedes the midfield from the off and you've got 3 lads marking 1 giroud. naive from brendan that.

Actually I thought that was one of our better defensive efforts considering the way Suarez and Sturridge have carved open other defences. First time I've seen our wing backs told to stay back to defend - top marks to Wenger and Bould for that uncharacteristic change of strategy. More of the same against Lewandowski and co please.

You must have been listening to Stewart Robson too much Chicog (smile.png seems unlikely). He knows its not credible to criticise the midfield and Giroud, so he lays into the back four constantly - I wonder how long Sky are going to tolerate his bitter partiality.

Midfield won it for us again though of course. Ozil was very quiet all game and Ramsey seemed to be back to his last season ball-losing style until his extraordinary standing strike, but Rosicky (MOM for me) and Cazorla had a commanding first half which set up a surprisingly comfortable second half.

Five points clear (until tonight?). Unreal. Still only one game away from the disaster that would be a Giroud lay-off, but the potential saviour Christmas window looms nearer.

Actually I thought that was one of our better defensive efforts considering the way Suarez and Sturridge have carved open other defences. First time I've seen our wing backs told to stay back to defend - top marks to Wenger and Bould for that uncharacteristic change of strategy. More of the same against Lewandowski and co please.

You must have been listening to Stewart Robson too much Chicog (smile.png seems unlikely). He knows its not credible to criticise the midfield and Giroud, so he lays into the back four constantly - I wonder how long Sky are going to tolerate his bitter partiality.

Midfield won it for us again though of course. Ozil was very quiet all game and Ramsey seemed to be back to his last season ball-losing style until his extraordinary standing strike, but Rosicky (MOM for me) and Cazorla had a commanding first half which set up a surprisingly comfortable second half.

Five points clear (until tonight?). Unreal. Still only one game away from the disaster that would be a Giroud lay-off, but the potential saviour Christmas window looms nearer.

You're thinking Everton will close the gap tonight? wink.png

Yes, Arsenal getting to the transfer window with no hiccups and buying well to strengthen in certain areas would give Wenger title claims a lot of credibility. Proved again last night why he is probably the best manager in the league imo despite certain weaknesses in his assessments of squad depth.

You're thinking Everton will close the gap tonight? wink.png

I don't.

Looking forward to what should be a fascinating tussle with goals on both sides. Not one I would put money on a particular result. A draw would be the obvious result (given Everton's penchant for them). Would be luvvly jubbly, but have a feeling that Spurs will step up to the plate tonight to answer their Angry Verbose Boss's call of a week ago.

Looking forward to what should be a fascinating tussle with goals on both sides. Not one I would put money on a particular result. A draw would be the obvious result (given Everton's penchant for them). Would be luvvly jubbly, but have a feeling that Spurs will step up to the plate tonight to answer their Angry Verbose Boss's call of a week ago.

Yes, Ladrokes seem to think so too.

I'm talking about two occasions where they walked through our defence. You can't make mistakes like that against Dortmund.

As for Robson, he is deserving of several good blows to the head. What a bitter loser.

Ozil quiet all game?

You're an idiot Santi.

Mesut Ozil vs Liverpool Passes 81 Completed 88% Final Third 40/48 Chances Created 1 Assists 1 Shots 2 OT 2 Take Ons 2/3

Ozil quiet all game?

You're an idiot Santi.

Never quite get this, football fans from the same team, slagging each other off???blink.png

Mind you, I am sure I read on this page some time back, that Wenger was clueless and should be sacked.cheesy.gif

Right now Arsenal are the team to catch, fickle fans or not.