Arsenal

MiG16

Ozil quiet all game?

You're an idiot Santi.

Never quite get this, football fans from the same team, slagging each other off???blink.png

Mind you, I am sure I read on this page some time back, that Wenger was clueless and should be sacked.cheesy.gif

Right now Arsenal are the team to catch, fickle fans or not.

Yes, we have such whingers; fortunately they are in the minority.

Mesut Ozil vs Liverpool Passes 81 Completed 88% Final Third 40/48 Chances Created 1 Assists 1 Shots 2 OT 2 Take Ons 2/3

How are these statistics actually taken from every player during a match.

I'm sure it's all done electronically, but I'd like to know how exactly.

Or are there 25 people with pencil and paper, each tracking one specific player? biggrin.png

Mesut Ozil vs Liverpool Passes 81 Completed 88% Final Third 40/48 Chances Created 1 Assists 1 Shots 2 OT 2 Take Ons 2/3

Or are there 25 people with pencil and paper, each tracking one specific player? biggrin.png

Orient might play their games with 12 1/2 players Ups but all other teams only play with 11 players laugh.png

Orient might play their games with 12 1/2 players Ups but all other teams only play with 11 players laugh.png

I was including the sub trackers alfie. wink.png

Yeah but there's still only 11 players on the pitch facepalm.gif perhaps you want to track players while they're sitting on the bench sad.png

Yeah but there's still only 11 players on the pitch facepalm.gif perhaps you want to track players while they're sitting on the bench sad.png

Say Ozil is substituted, the guy tracking him needs time to get everything finalised, he's not ready to start tracking a fresh player immediately, the sub tracker comes into play.......get it now!! laugh.png

Actually might need 28 people wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Say Ozil is substituted, the guy tracking him needs time to get everything finalised, he's not ready to start tracking a fresh player immediately, the sub tracker comes into play.......get it now!! laugh.png

Actually might need 28 people wink.png

Ok, i understand now biggrin.png

• Like 1

Here ya go Ups. Don't know if it answers all your questions but it's more advanced than a pencil and paper biggrin.png

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/aug/10/opta-stats-premier-league

Well I know when they started they had Uni students doing it and I think their biggest clients were the spread betting firms.

Tough ask for us to come away from Dortmund with any points tonight - they seem to be on fire at the moment. We can look to Wenger's excellent away record in Europe and pray for an overconfident opponent, but I think the Yellow Wall are much less arrogant than the Bayern outfit that we all but caught napping in their own beds last year.

For anyone that still has True we are on TSP3 at 03:00 (repeated 19:30 on TSP1), Chelsea is on TSP6 (repeated TSP1 at 22:00) and Celtic on TSP5 (not repeated tomorrow as far as I could see).

Good luck to all UK teams!

I think it's to our advantage that a clearly not-quite-there Jack will be missing.

I'll be happy with most of the team from Saturday.

Monreal will be sliding into the left back slot if Gibbs isn't ready.

Tomas worked very well against the mickey mousers.

We need another big game from Arteta.

I know we're up against it but sometimes this team can surprise you. Even a draw wouldn't be a disaster, but really I'd like to win by two goals which would give us the head-to-head.

Not too much to ask.

Must confess I was a little taken aback by your Teutonic @rseholes comment Chicog, but then having watched a bit of the replay this evening I realised how triumphalist and previous the Yellow Wall was being in the second half last night.

Klopp warned not to take Arsenal for granted and he must have been shocked at how easily his successful side gave up when they went behind. Wonder how the Wall feels today, contemplating the possibility of not qualifying

Edited by SantiSuk

Big questions are:

Will AW put Flamini straight in?

Will he put him in place of or alongside Arteta?

If the latter, who does he drop?

Who knows, but i love the minds games he's on to reading the Guardian. He's echoing what everyones been thinking for years and with his usual urbane style.

Very hard to say this because of obvious reasons but…..i think Moyes will be feeling the heat which is exactly what was intended. Should be a good game and the opportunity for Moyes to really stamp his presence on the team.

I love how Clubcall title this:

Arsenal go to United for Sunday's big Premier League showdown with the north Londoners five points clear at the top of the table - and eight ahead of David Moyes' men - knowing a win at Old Trafford would be a big statement as they chase the title. Wenger was asked what it might be like to play at United without the presence of Ferguson and he said: "That is a question you shouldn't ask me, but the referees. "Every year there is a company who makes the table reasoned without the referees' mistakes, so check that. I think the referees were absolutely relaxed and happy to go there." Michael Oliver will take charge on Sunday and Wenger says he always expects the usual protection from the officials. "I expect the referees to make the right decisions," he said. "I never have preconceived ideas. "It is down to the referee to make the right decisions, to protect the players and to give the free-kicks you deserve."

as this:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has hinted referees will feel less pressure at Old Trafford after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement.

So tell me, where did he "hint" anything of the kind?

<deleted>.

Poor Arsenal showing first half. Midfield, apart from Cazorla and Flamini hasn't showed up. At the risk of being called an idiot again, Ozil very disappointing. Needs a sea change if we are to get any points out of this one.

Wretched van Persie! Just knew he would score.

Any Arsenal fans sickened by RvP celebrating his match winner can blame Arsene (I found it hard to stomach myself!).

I suspect it would have seen something more muted if Arsene had not laid claim to the "Arsenal man" in the run up. Maybe I'm wrong and the guy is just the traitorous hired-hand that some gooners accuse him of being.

Still it did give Arsene a slight lead in the mind games stakes for a couple of days - it forced Moysey into a typically dour and curmudgeonly reposte that was best left unsaid and would certainly not have come from SAF