Arsenal

MiG16

What an absolute delight to hear some plain honest insight.

Well done carmine.

I hear there are rumours of Anelka, signed by Wenger when Anelka was 17, is going to Brazil.

Good luck matey. Not interested in the politics.

Let's hope they pay his wages unlike Shanghai Sh........

thumbsup.gif

I don't disagree with anything you are saying there Carmine. Except the Ozil bull$hit of course. Nobody here has been hiding from your repeated charges of fecklessness - both Chic and I have answered it - once each ... and that's all you get - we are not gonna repeat ourselves over and over as is your wont.

Edit: actually I think I did get close to answering a second time and you told me then that all this anti-Ozil stuff was wrapped up in some arcane spat you were having with Uptheos. Are you now using his non-Gooner non-answers to have a go at Gooners? The world should be told the truth tongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

I suppose we should be grateful that the injury carnage that has wrecked our season has masked the hapless totts inability to convert 100m of new talent into any kind of challenge, otherwise Smokes and Carmine would be on antidepressants by now (if they aren't already).

Amazed at Vermaelen's fall from grace. He was excellent for his first season. Monreal, well, just another lightweight Spanish wing back, no good in this league.

I suspect Wenger has told the board he's going if he can't win the FA Cup, regardless of the league position. Klopp or that Soton bloke to replace him I think.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

2 Merseyside teams go up in to CL and the 2 North London teams left to squabble in Europa next season, you couldn't write it any better. The entertainment will continue on here.

Yep.

That's for sure.thumbsup.gif

But Chelsea won't be involved because they ain't entertaining.

So no bldy worries for us then.

biggrin.png

I would say that Wenger has shown great credentials in the past for pulling off a squeak-by into 4th slot, but I have never heard him say about a winnable challenge that "it will be very difficult", like he did in the Everton post-match interview.

All down to him. Our spineless board/clueless owner will not pull the plug on him unless fans desert the season tickets in droves.

Sorry to disappoint you Carmine but IMO there's still plenty of prawn sandwich season ticket virgins out there that will buy any available seats dropped by the faithful. The legacy of attractive football lives on until and unless destroyed by some newcomer*. As we all know London is stuffed full of the overfed overpaid effete, courtesy of 30 years of pumping the capital and an appalling rise in the wealth gap between haves and have nots, carefully fostered by Thatcher, Blair, Brown, Cameron and the silently powerful institutions.

If Wenger does opt out at least that means we might get to read his memoirs a bit earlier than expected - can't wait for those!

*I acknowledge that Thursday attendances would be a challenge, particularly if the sensible approach of playing the reserves is adopted.

Edited by SantiSuk

I suppose we should be grateful that the injury carnage that has wrecked our season has masked the hapless totts inability to convert 100m of new talent into any kind of challenge, otherwise Smokes and Carmine would be on antidepressants by now (if they aren't already).

Amazed at Vermaelen's fall from grace. He was excellent for his first season. Monreal, well, just another lightweight Spanish wing back, no good in this league.

I suspect Wenger has told the board he's going if he can't win the FA Cup, regardless of the league position. Klopp or that Soton bloke to replace him I think.

You're in free fall Chic....and we love it....your prawn sandwich brigade will no doubt go missing in the coming weeks as you fluff the FA cup too.

I love it!!

Better steel yourself for a disappointment Smokes if you think we'll fluff the FA Cup. Just my opinion and Chicog is more sanguine even about that. I think we will miss 4th though and hate to say it (in deference to a previously great competition) I would swap that around out of preference.

But never in freefall enough to sink to the tiny totts depths eh?

wink.png

The depths of your fall from grace will depend on who the replacement is if Wenger steps down so i'd hold my breath if i were you. No problem of course if Klopp came but will he? Simeone might be interesting but again why leave, especially if you are not in the CL. Laudrup and Pochettino have a lot to prove still i think. What i'm getting at is that getting the right replacement for him without CL will not be easy.

Oh and please, enough of this "injury ravaged season malarky, you've actually been extremely lucky NOT getting injuries to the key positions that Wenger stupidly never sought cover for.

In all honesty though, Arsenal and Wenger have rode their luck to a ridiculous level year after year draping into the top four, it was really only about when that luck would change.

I don't think its a given that Wenger will be moving on. He's a stubborn fellow in many ways, and I figure if he takes the FA Cup and can finish top 4 he might hang around. Given Everton's very difficult run out and Arsenal's relatively easy one, finishing top 4 is a distinct possibility. Add in the alleged cache of money available, and if Wenger still feels like coaching, where else would he go that would be better ?

OTOH, if he doesn't grab the FA, and doesn't finish top 4, I'd bet he might get a gentle nudge.

2 Merseyside teams go up in to CL and the 2 North London teams left to squabble in Europa next season, you couldn't write it any better. The entertainment will continue on here.

Didn't take you lot long to start gloating did it Bob.

Bit of decorum mate....wait till the season has ended at least!! And to think, i've been feeling sorry for Liverpool these past five or six seasons you've been lagging us!

I don't think its a given that Wenger will be moving on. He's a stubborn fellow in many ways, and I figure if he takes the FA Cup and can finish top 4 he might hang around. Given Everton's very difficult run out and Arsenal's relatively easy one, finishing top 4 is a distinct possibility. Add in the alleged cache of money available, and if Wenger still feels like coaching, where else would he go that would be better ?

OTOH, if he doesn't grab the FA, and doesn't finish top 4, I'd bet he might get a gentle nudge.

No ones saying its a given but no CL would very possibly signal time for change but it would be fitting if Wenger went out winning some silverware at the same time.

• Like 1

Bit of decorum mate....wait till the season has ended at least!! And to think, i've been feeling sorry for Liverpool these past five or six seasons you've been lagging us!

That's what happens when you have 5 years of pent up frustration inside carms !

Footnote : I don't recall us having a pop at them when we qualified for the CL but I suppose we had bigger and better things to think about !

• Like 1

I don't disagree with anything you are saying there Carmine. Except the Ozil bull$hit of course. Nobody here has been hiding from your repeated charges of fecklessness - both Chic and I have answered it - once each ... and that's all you get - we are not gonna repeat ourselves over and over as is your wont.

Edit: actually I think I did get close to answering a second time and you told me then that all this anti-Ozil stuff was wrapped up in some arcane spat you were having with Uptheos. Are you now using his non-Gooner non-answers to have a go at Gooners? The world should be told the truth tongue.png

Well lets get this Ozil business straight shall we, because its not all crap at all!

Whilst were on the topic of Lord Lucan, perhaps i may be so bold as to draw a comparison to Roberto Soldado, who has been equally woeful in his first season. But of course let me remind you of one slight difference between the two. This comes in his price tag which was 13m + adds on that might/could increase to a maximum 26m. Clearly the 26m is nowhere near going to be envisaged.

Now back to Ozil, the anonymous. Since you've taken a cracking hit of 42n on this little fella it seems more than understandable that this should be a major topic of debate. He was great in La Liga, as was Veron in Serie A but could it be that like Veron, he will fail to adapt. i think thats worthy of discussion even if you lot on here don't.

Or why not everyone continue to infest our thread with posts regarding a player that cost us an initial 29m less.

And no, chic, i don't have any problem with my math.

Personally, I thought Ozil played very well in the first part of the season, but so did Ramsay, Wilshire etc and they teamed up nicely.

I have to say (that for me) he then started to go downhill for some reason and has certainly become inconspicuous in many games.

There seems to be a petulant side to him that became evident at RM. Whether or not that has surfaced for some reason I don't know, but there's certainly been a lot of press regarding team mates 'having a go at him' after certain games.

• Like 1

Personally, I thought Ozil played very well in the first part of the season, but so did Ramsay, Wilshire etc and they teamed up nicely.

I have to say (that for me) he then started to go downhill for some reason and has certainly become inconspicuous in many games.

There seems to be a petulant side to him that became evident at RM. Whether or not that has surfaced for some reason I don't know, but there's certainly been a lot of press regarding team mates 'having a go at him' after certain games.

Exactly my take on him.thumbsup.gif Time will tell with Ozil, but he does seen an unusual sort. With his game, if he can't play for Wenger then he'll definitely have a tough time playing for just about anybody.

I'm wondering if its because he finds this league too physical? Lets be clear about this, i think he's a very fine player. No doubting that but what is in doubt is his suiting to this league.

Ups, the old saying of "they don't like it up 'em" really seems to apply to this lad and i reckon he's going to get well and truly clattered early every game when he returns. He doesn't for example seem to possess that tough Croatian grit that Modric had.

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part but theres clearly something very wrong.

I'll add one further point and thats if brittle Mesut is going to continue copying his bellend teammates with their cocky self adoring "selfies" on twitter then he's highly likely to get clattered even more.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I'm wondering if its because he finds this league too physical? Lets be clear about this, i think he's a very fine player. No doubting that but what is in doubt is his suiting to this league.

Ups, the old saying of "they don't like it up 'em" really seems to apply to this lad and i reckon he's going to get well and truly clattered early every game when he returns. He doesn't for example seem to possess that tough Croatian grit that Modric had.

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part but theres clearly something very wrong.

I understand what you mean, a bit like a delicate flower.....can be graceful and nice to look at but once the wind blows in it breaks quite easily. Maybe in the early part of the season he could avoid all the 'clattering' with those nice little diamonds he played, but once his game had to change and he had to 'stand alone' something definitely went wrong.

• Like 1

Ozil does look like a manager's handful.

Brilliant when he started for Arsenal.....maybe other teams learned how to neutralise him?

He was patchy for RM, and Modric seemed to get the nod over him.

Ozil highly rated by the Germans. Well he was until he went to Arsenal. Not sure where he stands now with the German team.

Maybe he needs strong players to protect him which he doesn't get at Arsenal.

Mata isn't physical, but no apparent problem.

Dunno.

Footnote : I don't recall us having a pop at them when we qualified for the CL but I suppose we had bigger and better things to think about !

What you should recall is your constant "bin dippers already talking about top 4 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif " and the like every week through the back end of last season, the summer and early doors this season. While most of us said nothing of the sort, but any hint of talk and you were waiting in the wings to jump out and construe towards top four talk.

I wouldn't normally bother gloating too much but watching your lot getting all giddy while slagging us off early doors has fuelled my passion for pursuing the antagonist art.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

What you should recall is your constant "bin dippers already talking about top 4 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif " and the like every week through the back end of last season, the summer and early doors this season. While most of us said nothing of the sort, but any hint of talk and you were waiting in the wings to jump out and construe towards top four talk.

I wouldn't normally bother gloating too much but watching your lot getting all giddy while slagging us off early doors has fuelled my passion for pursuing the antagonist art.

thumbsup.gif

Straight down the M6 and M1.

Avoid signs for the North Circular.

Liverpool welcome at the Bridge.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

We don't disagree that Ozil lost the plot. We just don't agree that means he's shot forever. We want him back quick cos stuff happens better even when he's elusive for much of a game and i suspect his inate class will come thru in the end. Some of you want to see quality clattered off the park - ok if you want to join the league of Stoke!

Anyway my last word on the subject - and I expect Soldado will ultimately come good too. Feel free to keep having a pop - just don't expect me to get into endless diatribes about it.

Back to pressing matters....

If, and it’s a big if, Arsenal players (perhaps envigorated by Ramsey and Gibbs' return then Koscielney, then Ozil’s) can lift their form back to the poor quality of most of this calendar year (ie above the absolute rubbish played against Swansea and Everton) then there is a chance we can sneak it, but it will be tight.

I’m calling that we will beat West Ham, Newcastle and West Brom at home and drop two points at Hull but beat a by-then relegated Norwich at Carrow Road on the last day of the season. 5 games, 13 points

I reckon Everton will win at Sunderland and Hull and beat Palace at home, but that they will get only 1 point on average from the two Manchesters (both at Goodison) and away to Southampton. 6 games, 12 points.

We are currently 1 point ahead of Everton with our once good goal difference reduced to rubble at the Etihad, Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

A potential pratfall for us is West Brom, if they are still fighting off relegation on the penultimate weekend. Plus the risk that Everton’s sterling run of wins blasts them through Manchester United.

Odds still favour Everton , but not by as much as everyone thinks

I think it's a bit pointless worrying about who's going to be doing what next season until we have this one over and done with.

Certainly the goals started drying up when Ramsey went on the sick, and even more when Walcott did. Add to that Wilshere and Oxtail-Chamberpot and you've lost four first-choice players for months, not weeks.

Podolski missed months of the season, as did Sanogo (although I don't know how much that mattered).

Diaby looked like a decent player until some carthorse shattered his ankle, and like Eduardo never recovered (and I wonder if he ever will).

And losing two of our four first choice defenders on top of it means that Wenger has not only had to make changes, but keep making changes every time - and at the business end of the season. Plus the replacements have not been up to standard.

When Arsenal won the double in '71, they used 14 players all season IIRC.

But rather than focus on the injuries blighting our season, I really want to know why we have probably been the most consistent in this arena in recent years.

One or two serious long term injuries a season is expected, but Arsenal seem to have turned it into a fine art.

Maybe the style of football leaves players exposed, or the treatment table is not doing its stuff, hard to say.

Also, when the going gets tough, the hardmen are supposed to be minders for the skillful players. I don't see that from Flamini, and certainly not Arteta, who seems to be more worried about his hair than his team mates.

But before we do anything else, we have to take a long hard look at this problem, because we aren't going to move forward until it's solved.

Getting Gibbs and Kos back is a must, perhaps Wenger is saving them for the FA Cup. Mes is due back any day now, but his mental state is probably more important than his fitness.

By the way, Wenger doesn't do coaching, that is BP's job. You would think him and Bould would have the same feel for the game given that they were both centre halves.

• Like 1