Arsenal

MiG16

This scenario crossed my mind last night, but where do you think you would be in the title hunt if you'd gone the extra 10m and signed Suarez ?

Its that lack of ambition again. Schoolboy behavior in the transfer market putting in a derisory offer. Probably cost you top four. Wenger will probably fall on his baguette and Arsenal will fail to entice top quality like Klopp. No CL next season and a club on the verge of decline.

biggrin.png

This scenario crossed my mind last night, but where do you think you would be in the title hunt if you'd gone the extra 10m and signed Suarez ?

Its that lack of ambition again. Schoolboy behavior in the transfer market putting in a derisory offer. Probably cost you top four. Wenger will probably fall on his baguette and Arsenal will fail to entice top quality like Klopp. No CL next season and a club on the verge of decline.

biggrin.png

Its beginning to look like Martino will be cut loose after the season by Barca. Klopp and Low reportedly at the top of the list. Speculation at this point, but it has the ring of truth to it.

biggrin.png

Ah bless, we only have to wait until July before carmine's telling us "This is our season" again, and other cliches like "I can't wait until our new players settle in", and look how that turned out.

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.png

Its beginning to look like Martino will be cut loose after the season by Barca. Klopp and Low reportedly at the top of the list. Speculation at this point, but it has the ring of truth to it.

If they fail dismally (and for them it's looking like it), a change of manager is almost inevitable. The trouble is that the Barca job is year to year, and this year there's the added restriction that they are not allowed to sign anyone, so whoever gets it knows he's got to make do with the squad that's currently starting to look a bit ripe in places.

biggrin.png

If they fail dismally (and for them it's looking like it), a change of manager is almost inevitable. The trouble is that the Barca job is year to year, and this year there's the added restriction that they are not allowed to sign anyone, so whoever gets it knows he's got to make do with the squad that's currently starting to look a bit ripe in places.

True enough. It'll be interesting to see if Barca can call in enough "favors" to get that penalty reduced. They're getting old in the tooth in a lot of areas.

biggrin.png

cheesy.gif (the last bit re verge of decline). The first two bits, probably tick; the third bit re failing to attract a good manager - yer avin a larf. You guys have been able to attract one a year ever since I've been in shorts and you have a significantly less good financial position.

Come back when you aint livin in a galss house Carmine

Possible returns from short term injury tonight are Koscielney and Rosicky. Possible minuses to be checked out - slight muscle strains or fatigue - Ox, Podolski, Ramsey and Monreal (no mention of Arteta in the injuries Chic). We need Ramsey, but a one game no risk sacrifice may be worth it if Arteta and the Swede are fit - the Hammers are not run behind behind you merchants, so Arteta might be OK!

I don't buy the crap in the papers that Wenger is pi$$ed with Giroud, which is why he did not start the Cup game and why apparently he will be sold in Summer. Arsene has some flaws but I reckon he's more pragmatic than he's given credit. Expect Giroud to start tonight. Maybe a start for the Swede too? Pretty cool of him to come on late and strike an important penalty on Saturday I thought.

Would be good to have the main men back four back playing together which looks a possibility.

West Ham are always potential upset merchants, which the pre Christmas team would have scored at least 3 against. However, every game now a psychological battle for our jaded mob. Up in the dead of night again for me.

Still no constructive answer from the goons !!! don't worry, it wasn't a trick question lads biggrin.png

• Like 1

Still no constructive answer from the goons !!! don't worry, it wasn't a trick question lads biggrin.png

If Batman & Spiderman were to fight, would Batman win if Robin give him a nosh before the fight? Probably not, but I guess we'll never know. biggrin.png

Sorry Alfredo - I would have thought Chicog's reply was pretty obvious but if you babbling Spuds simply must hear from every Gooner then IMO we would have won the Premier League and yes Wenger is naive and petty in the transfer market at times. He would not have paid anything like 42 million quid had he not been taken so aback by the fans' reactions to the Villa defeat on Day 1. Of course if we get to see his memoirs we might find that he already had Ozil lined up, but I doubt he would have paid 42 million without the kick up the proverbial.

Happy now? Noone here is trying to duck issues.

• Like 1

Yes, we probably would have done better if we'd signed Ronaldo and Messi, but you're making the assumption that Henry would have been prepared to let Cilla go for 50 million.

You only have to remember what Liverpool ended up with when they sold Torres for the same amount.

Looked horribly familiar for 40 minutes with only Cazorla and Kaellstrom shining and committed (good freeby he has turned out to be). We looked very vulnerable on the left but Downing luckily had a poor game. Probably good that West Ham scored as early as they did. Good performance from the team thereafter. Late cameo from Ramsey showed what we have missed for the last 15 games.

Sagna looked like he's decided to move on in Summer!

At least one point from Hull now please.

Sorry Alfredo - I would have thought Chicog's reply was pretty obvious but if you babbling Spuds simply must hear from every Gooner then IMO we would have won the Premier League and yes Wenger is naive and petty in the transfer market at times. He would not have paid anything like 42 million quid had he not been taken so aback by the fans' reactions to the Villa defeat on Day 1. Of course if we get to see his memoirs we might find that he already had Ozil lined up, but I doubt he would have paid 42 million without the kick up the proverbial.

Happy now? Noone here is trying to duck issues.

I said "constructive" !!!!

biggrin.png

cheesy.gif (the last bit re verge of decline). The first two bits, probably tick; the third bit re failing to attract a good manager - yer avin a larf. You guys have been able to attract one a year ever since I've been in shorts and you have a significantly less good financial position.

Come back when you aint livin in a galss house Carmine

Maybe you could attract Colin as your new manager....he's right up Arsenals street and won't mind not being in the champions league.

Alfie do you think Liverpool would have accepted a 50 million pound bid from Arsenal?

With the baggage he was carrying at the time, the KKK stuff and the cannibalism i'm convinced their baseball loving franchise owners would have taken the money and Arsenal would currently be scrapping it out for the title.

It must really bug them now having put in that derisory offer!! biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Yes, we probably would have done better if we'd signed Ronaldo and Messi, but you're making the assumption that Henry would have been prepared to let Cilla go for 50 million.

You only have to remember what Liverpool ended up with when they sold Torres for the same amount.

Nice try mate but that won't wash. Arsenal messed up massively with a stupid derisory offer that got Liverpools back up as opposed to a sensible bid that would at the very least brought them to the discussion table. from that point a deal would have been struck. Instead you make a last minute overpriced signing of Ozil who basically is a big girls blouse that hides in the big games and sulks in the others the moment he takes a hard tackle.

The Suarez cock up cost you a crack at the title.

Alfie do you think Liverpool would have accepted a 50 million pound bid from Arsenal?

With the baggage he was carrying at the time, the KKK stuff and the cannibalism i'm convinced their baseball loving franchise owners would have taken the money and Arsenal would currently be scrapping it out for the title.

Have to agree to disagree with you both on this. In my opinion there was no way we would have sold him to a premier league team viewed as a rival for 4th regardless of 40/50 million.

If a foreign team had come in however then yes I agree with you but definitely not a rival.

• Like 1

Have to agree to disagree with you both on this. In my opinion there was no way we would have sold him to a premier league team viewed as a rival for 4th regardless of 40/50 million.

If a foreign team had come in however then yes I agree with you but definitely not a rival.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree! 50m would have got them to the table and they would have thrashed it out.

Anyway, its irrelevant now but bare in mind your owners priority lies with the Red Sox for the sport seconded by Liverpool's merchandise revenues. i just don't think they could have turned down a serious offer is all i'm saying.

Remember too the baggage that Suarez was carrying. The whole situation was tailor made for a serious bid and Suarez would quite possibly pushed for it too as he was won't to do at that time. also consider you would be getting 50m, possibly 55m for a guy who would be, what, 29 yo next birthday!

Edited by carmine

Then we'll have to agree to disagree! 50m would have got them to the table and they would have thrashed it out.

Anyway, its irrelevant now but bare in mind your owners priority lies with the Red Sox for the sport seconded by Liverpool's merchandise revenues. i just don't think they could have turned down a serious offer is all i'm saying.

Remember too the baggage that Suarez was carrying. The whole situation was tailor made for a serious bid and Suarez would quite possibly pushed for it too as he was won't to do at that time. also consider you would be getting 50m, possibly 55m for a guy who would be, what, 29 yo next birthday!

I hear what your saying. I thought Suarez did push for it to be honest. I agree with what your saying to an extent. I think if Madrid had bid what Arsenal had he would have gone because like you say all the baggage, but we will have to agree to disagree about whether he would have gone to Arsenal.

Yep, irrelevant now, Brendan played it perfectly and boy am I glad he took the stance he did.

Edited by YoungBrit

he's only just turned 27 carmine.

though it is easy to forget that last summer he was bollocked by rodgers and made to go train with the reserves. that he missed the opening six matches of the season in disgrace. it's a cock-up that arsenal may regret for a long, long time.

he's only just turned 27 carmine.

though it is easy to forget that last summer he was bollocked by rodgers and made to go train with the reserves. that he missed the opening six matches of the season in disgrace. it's a cock-up that arsenal may regret for a long, long time.

Wow, my mistake! I really thought he was older than that. And yes, they'll regret it big time and i reckon they would be title contenders, not scrapping for fourth if they had signed him.

You have no idea what would have happened IF Suarez had have signed for Arsenal, he might have broken his leg getting off the team bus before his first match, he might have scored a million goals or he might have actually taken someone's arm off and had it for lunch. You could make up an endless amount of scenarios or outcomes about any player signing for any team.

Really clutching at straws trying to get a rise out of gooner fans with your cloudy crystal balls.

Btw Carms would love to hear more about the inner workings of the FSG board and their business strategies....when you get a chance tongue.png

• Like 1

You have no idea what would have happened IF Suarez had have signed for Arsenal, he might have broken his leg getting off the team bus before his first match, he might have scored a million goals or he might have actually taken someone's arm off and had it for lunch. You could make up an endless amount of scenarios or outcomes about any player signing for any team.

Really clutching at straws trying to get a rise out of gooner fans with your cloudy crystal balls.

Btw Carms would love to hear more about the inner workings of the FSG board and their business strategies....when you get a chance tongue.png

If my auntie had <deleted> Bob she'd be my uncle.

You seem disappointed that we cannot see into the future and angered that you have to read about what possible scenarios might have been!!

If you can't see the huge mistake made and what could have been possible had the move gone ahead then i'm disappointed in you Bob because it really isn't rocket science. Yes he might have broken his leg. However the more likely scenario would have been and shed load of goals, more points and a title push.

On a final note, if you were not aware that your owners priority is the Boston Red Sox then i apologise but i'm afraid thats how it is. They do however love the global merchandise that Liverpool generate.

i have no interest in the inner workings of FSG, sabermetrics, or any other baseball/rounders related business.

If my auntie had <deleted> Bob she'd be my uncle.

You seem disappointed that we cannot see into the future and angered that you have to read about what possible scenarios might have been!!

If you can't see the huge mistake made and what could have been possible had the move gone ahead then i'm disappointed in you Bob because it really isn't rocket science. Yes he might have broken his leg. However the more likely scenario would have been and shed load of goals, more points and a title push.

On a final note, if you were not aware that your owners priority is the Boston Red Sox then i apologise but i'm afraid thats how it is. They do however love the global merchandise that Liverpool generate.

i have no interest in the inner workings of FSG, sabermetrics, or any other baseball/rounders related business.

Just imagine how many goals he would have scored in the gooners team !