Arsenal

MiG16

^wilai...one further point about these "better managers" "Ranieri, Pochettino, Wenger, even Pardew, Bilic, Hughes and Martinez", suppose you'd be happy to have any one of them at your club would ya? And how's Wenger's Arsenal being classed in with those clubs who now suddenly have the money - Arsenal has always been one of the wealthier clubs.

I'm struggling to remember a pub I went to called the bees knees...think there was one in hazel grove (or disley?). Red Nev might remember. ,

OK. Arsenal are due to play Spurs and the team decide to let Denis Bergkamp play them on his own, and they all go down the pub.

He comes in after the game and orders a pint, and they ask him what the score was. "We beat them 10-1" he says.

"How come they scored a goal" they asked.

"I got sent off in the first half".

Would one of those better managers you're talking about be Steve McLaren who's team has just out-klopped your boys?

Man Shitty...how old are you man? Thought I was back in the 4th form when I read that ;-)

Old enough to remember Luis Garcia, but then I've been following football a little longer than yougiggle.gif

Would one of those better managers you're talking about be Steve McLaren who's team has just out-klopped your boys?

Man Shitty...how old are you man? Thought I was back in the 4th form when I read that ;-)

Old enough to remember Luis Garcia, but then I've been following football a little longer than yougiggle.gif

That's an amazing crystal ball you've got there if you know MY age. I don't remember Luis Garcia probably for the reason he didn't do much to make himself memorable to a City fan.

Ps. Where's the Bees Knees you were referring to? Hazal Grove?

]

Look at Chelsea and Man Utd Santi....that cash doesn't guarantee success....it will make the agents happy though!

He's right though. It pretty much does, be it a rather hollow achievement! Chelsea, City in particular have proven the more you spend the more silverware you acquire. United, even under Ferguson always spent big too.

Our net spend under Pochettino through three transfer windows is 5.7m Thats why realistically we cannot compete with that lot and its doubtful we will win all but hey. lets enjoy the ride, which i for one am.

I do agree, but interestingly yesterday with all their wealth and pomp; United, Chelsea & City managed to score 0 goals and 1 point between them against, West Ham, Bournemouth & Stoke. What a weird season it is.

EDIT:

interestingly with all their wealth and pomp; LIVERPOOL, United, Chelsea & City managed to score 0 goals and 1 point between them against, NEWCASTLE, West Ham, Bournemouth & Stoke. What a weird season it is.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

Back to the knitting of Arsenal matches. I'll be getting up but not with any great expectation of success. Three weeks ago I was pretty confident we could do it tonight, but that was when we still had Sanchez, Cazorla and Coquelin in the squad (actually maybe Coqelin was crocked at that point).

Don't think I'll be getting up on too many Thursday nights!

Never say never though - if we got a strong defensive performance and a bit of brilliance from Giroud and or Theo, carrying on on the big boys league is not out of the question.

^ So..... Lonely life was spot on thenbiggrin.png

Anyway, must fly as getting booted out of the restaurant now....Heavy date with Sergio/Aphibarnrat and Matt Fitzpatrick tomorrow...Remember that last name....a star in the making! thumbsup.gif

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

Anyway, must fly as getting booted out of the restaurant now....Heavy date with Sergio/Aphibarnrat and Matt Fitzpatrick tomorrow...Remember that last name....a star in the making! thumbsup.gif

Yeah it's real lonely in our house ;-) keep trying matey

]

Life of Riley you lad wink.png

• Like 1

Poor start defensively for us but we have started to put things together and the first goal is ideal. Important to tighten up at the back now and let the fear factor come into play for the rest of the first half. Keep the lead up to half time and we have a great chance. Campbell looking like a first teamer at last. Flamini needs to give more defensive cover than he's done so far.

Well .... that was woth getting up for!

Never any doubt that if we were going to do it that Giroud would be the deliverer, but who would have thought that we would be home safe with 30 minutes left and that a previously lacklustre make weight Campbell would prove his weight in gold.

Nice little trip to Greece for one of the fringe English teams in Feb then?

*titter*

Outstanding team performance. Disciplined. Fearless. Incisive. Couldn't have asked for more. What injury list?

Nice to see the Greek fans clap Campbell off.

• Like 1

Nice little trip to Greece for one of the fringe English teams in Feb then?

*titter*

Outstanding team performance. Disciplined. Fearless. Incisive. Couldn't have asked for more. What injury list?

Nice to see the Greek fans clap Campbell off.

And, we probably secured a 4th Champions League allocation for the likes of Spurs and Man United to fight over in the next couple of years

Life of Riley you lad wink.png

Boys didn't let me down...Sergio 2nd, Matt 7th and Kiradech a shot further back. Day off tomorrrow then out with the leaders Sat/Sunthumbsup.gif

Good news if Alexis' hamstrings are not that dodgy. Hope Arsene doesn't push it too quick though. Walcott and Campbell looked a good combination on the left and right of Giroud on Wednesday night.

Re-watched a bit of the game (until the squaddie-emperor-wanabee interrupted) as I was intrigued as to how come Olympiacos' good start was turned around. It seemed to me that one play - Campbell latching onto a great pass and running at their line to cut the ball back for Flam to slam one against the bar in the 23rd minute - changed the complexion of the match. It seemed to be an "oh $hit" moment for their wing backs and they stopped feeding the attack thereafter.

Useful that we are lined up against the dire Villa, with which to have a traditionally poor "after the party" performance tomorrow. Maybe a bigger role for Ox, but I'll bet Giroud wouldn't take kindly to any suggestions he should be rested. He probably should though - at least from the start. Cannot afford an injury to Ollie in the Xmas run-up and there's a big role awaiting him against Citeh.