Brexit has created chaos in Britain – nobody voted for this

webfact

The warnings just keep on coming.

Airbus has warned the UK government that it must provide a clearer vision of the country’s post-Brexit relationship with the European Union or risk a decline in investment in the aviation industry.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/airbus-hard-brexit-warning-uk-government-european-union-aviation-industry-tom-enders-a8299391.html

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"In my view it is doomed to fail."

You mean like Sgt Rock and his Deutsche Bank theory.

I miss Rock in an abstract sort of way, Hans was a good apprentice however.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

For someone so vocal I find it hard to believe you asked that question.

As Davos obviously means nothing you would be unaware that it is a media free event.

You missed the point (that it was reported anyway).

If Davos is meda-free can you explain the link below:

https://www.weforum.org/about/press-kit-annual-meeting-2018

???

44 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"does nobody present balanced objective arguments any longer."

Unfortunately, the answer is a resounding - NO. :sad: 

you mean things you don't agree with?

Anyone who uses that cliche is just showing how little they understand about media and news.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I started to watch and then stopped, I can't watch anything on any subject that is so anti-everything apart from what they are preaching - does nobody present balanced objective arguments any longer.

45 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Unfortunately, the answer is a resounding - NO. :sad: 

Just now, Airbagwill said:

Anyone who uses that cliche is just showing how little they understand about media and news.

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make.

It was a remainer (simon) who asked "does nobody present balanced objective arguments any longer.", and I agreed with him that unbiased arguments are as rare as hens' teeth!

So what is your point? 

• Like 1

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

It was a remainer (simon) who asked "does nobody present balanced objective arguments any longer.", and I agreed with him that unbiased arguments are as rare as hens' teeth!

So what is your point? 

I think that the fact you interpret the comment in a partisan manner rather than in a reasoned way kind of sums up your approach to the topic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Only to get out.

It's interesting as the Federalists in the went to war with the Confederates to bring them back in line  which resulted in a stronger USA I wonder if the same could have the same result on the EU.

Eventually Brexit will fail, whether in a year a decade of 40 years, but it really depends on how soon the aging population of Brexiteers disappears.

Just S the civil war be and about slavery and human rights, so Brexit will  become a struggle against  fascism and despotism.

Edited by Airbagwill

15 minutes ago, Airbagwill said:

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

So what is your point? 

Just now, Airbagwill said:

I think that the fact you interpret the comment in a partisan manner rather than in a reasoned way kind of sums up your approach to the topic.

So to whom were you responding when you commented "you mean things you don't agree with?"? 

Airbag, myself??

I've still no idea as to the point you were trying to make! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vogie said:

"Dont the Brexiters have ANY bright people to make their case? ?"

Do the remainers?

images (1).jpeg

You don't think Blair is bright? He's been rather more successful than now hasn't he!

It's a serious point though, everyone that has been reasonably successful is pro remain (except for a few greedy bastard industrialists who have a Dickensian outlook)

As far as I can see, Brexiteers are less successful, dissatisfied, left behind. Just because there are more of them why should we accept that their opinions are optimal for the country?

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

It's interesting as the Federalists in the went to war with the Confederates to bring them back in line  which resulted in a stronger USA I wonder if the same could have the same result on the EU.

Eventually Brexit will fail, whether in a year a decade of 40 years, but it really depends on how soon the aging population of Brexiteers disappears.

Just S the civil war be and about slavery and human rights, so Brexit will  become a struggle against  fascism and despotism.

Demographics suggest that by the time we leave next year enough of the aging Brexiters will have died off to be no longer a majority !

4 hours ago, vogie said:

"Dont the Brexiters have ANY bright people to make their case? ?"

Do the remainers?

images (1).jpeg

Is it acceptable to have photoshopped insulting pictures of former prime ministers on TV? I bet if I posted a similar picture of Netanyahu I would be given a suspension. The man was wrong about weapons of mass destruction (though Saddam DID have Sarin). He was right about much else. Drop it. 

https://goo.gl/images/MnMaEB

Edited by Grouse
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

You missed the point (that it was reported anyway).

If Davos is meda-free can you explain the link below:

https://www.weforum.org/about/press-kit-annual-meeting-2018

???

Same again - For someone so vocal I find it hard to believe you asked that question.

Private forum, no media allowed. Media is briefed and kept out side the venue. Next?

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

"In my view it is doomed to fail."

You mean like Sgt Rock and his Deutsche Bank theory.

Sorry, I don't know what this means. I know the XTC song Sgt Rock, and I know Deutsche Bank. Help me out!

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Demographics suggest that by the time we leave next year enough of the aging Brexiters will have died off to be no longer a majority !

That's democracy for you - implementing the mistakes of dead people.

But the country has decided...

I doubt we'll get so many opt-outs when we rejoin.

SC

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Sorry, I don't know what this means. I know the XTC song Sgt Rock, and I know Deutsche Bank. Help me out!

Sgt Rock was a poster on TVF sometime back and he was the arch Brexiteer, his following was large and loyal. He tried to be a thug, a real parade ground Sgt and he actually knew quite a bit about the EU et al, like many Brexiteers his inability to accept any points whatsoever let he done, as did his style. His big thing was Deutchse Bank which he was certain was going to collapse last March and that would be the catalyst for the EU to implode. I don't know what happened, dead from high blood pressure I imagine.

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 2