Six illegal immigrants paraded as Pattaya chief says "they took Thais jobs"

webfact

Six illegal immigrants paraded as Pattaya chief says "they took Thais jobs"

2pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

TNews reported that six illegal immigrants were paraded at Pattaya police station yesterday evening.

In a video the Pattaya chief Apichai Krobpetch said that they were all illegal immigrants who were taking Thai jobs.

He mentioned Pattaya and Bangkok as where they had been working.

Whether this was part of the nationwide crackdown on "dark skinned people" as reported by Thai Rath was not mentioned.

No attempt was made to obscure the faces of those who face deportation.

TNews said with incredulity that one of the men had overstayed 3 years.

The crackdown seemed to be a joint operation between the Pattaya force and tourist police headed by Piyapong Ensarn who was also at the press conference.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-28

7 hours ago, Lungstib said:

And the 2 million Burmese. Laos and Cambodians who pay off officials to work here, they dont take Thai jobs?

They do the Thai jobs that the Thai's don't want to do, that is why they are in such high demand.  Cheap labour that has to pay off the police to work. 

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

What other countries allow that kind of immigrant relaxed rules and yes if you are an expat you are an immigrant to Thailand. 

My visa specifically refers to me as a NON -Immigrant.  Is yours different? I have temporarily stayed her with my Thai wife (for 31 years).

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

My visa specifically refers to me as a NON -Immigrant.  Is yours different? I have temporarily stayed her with my Thai wife (for 31 years).

Me too.  I'm a non-immigrant who has temporarily stayed with my Thai wife for over a decade.  During that time, a number of my farang acquaintance have taken their Thai wifes to their own home countries where their wives are now citizens or permanent residents on the path to citizenship. 
We farang men married to Thais - Immigrants?  Like hell we are.  I believe the official line is that we all are security risks to Thailand.

My Thai wife and her two teenage children came to Australia with me in 2007.  They're all Australian citizens, educated and trained there, speak perfect English, all have well paid useful employment.  Other than for family visits they will not come back.

Me, I have invested five million baht in farmland to add to that which my wife inherited. We now farm this and employ local men.  Am I an immigrant?  No, I can't own an inch of it.  When I applied for my extension visa the police (nice guys just doing their job) came and photographed us on our marital bed.  I am really bloody outraged. Sad or what?

You are not an immigrant, you are here on tolerance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Me too.  I'm a non-immigrant who has temporarily stayed with my Thai wife for over a decade.  During that time, a number of my farang acquaintance have taken their Thai wifes to their own home countries where their wives are now citizens or permanent residents on the path to citizenship. 
We farang men married to Thais - Immigrants?  Like hell we are.  I believe the official line is that we all are security risks to Thailand.

Have you applied for citizenship or permanent residence, then?   You're just as entitled to do that here as all those Thai women that you claim to know have done elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Everyone gripes about their home countries not protecting their jobs. Then gripe more when thailand protects jobs for Thai people. Does that make sense?

Hey, I'm not complaining about Thailand enforcing their laws. I've been known to complain that the US isn't more like Thailand. And I've certainly complained about the US not enforcing it's own laws.

When I was working at this one "start up", the big boss, a religious minority from a populous foreign country, illegally hired an H1-B worker who was also from that religious minority from that same foreign country. We were told to keep quiet about the fact that the worker was "working from home" because he wasn't allowed to be there at work until they went through the process of pretending to publicly post the opening and interview people and prove that no citizen could do the job and got his H1-B transferred from the other company. But he was really already on the payroll, and no one who answered the job posting got interviewed as it was a fake opening.

Then a month or two after he was "official" and on site, the boss started asking my immediate boss why his pet couldn't do my job. A few months later I was laid off in a "downsizing" and that guy got my job.

I contacted a lawyer and he said "not worth suing, the company is too small".

I contacted the EEOC and they said "we could do an investigation, that will take six months, and result in nothing except a finding, then you're on your own to sue. (But of course whether they find your way or not, you're blacklisted for life in silicon valley).

So I signed the agreement not to sue them in exchange for my two weeks pay severance check.

I was then out of work for 18 months after that. In spite of having a PhD in computer engineering from a top-40 US school. (It was the time of the dot com bust, you couldn't buy a job in Silicon Valley). And meanwhile congress approved 60,000 more H1-B visas....

At my next company, one time they posted a job opening in the break area. This was inside the company, you had to be an employee to get to that area. They sent an email around saying "don't tell any of your friends about that opening, we've already filled it, we're just putting that notice up to fulfill the requirement that openings be publicly posted."

So that's how well worker protections work in california. And yes, this count's as a complaint about the US and not about Thailand. Thailand has every right to make and enforce its own laws, just like every other country, and to confer on its citizens whatever rights it wants, and to limit those rights only to its citizens.