Two more people interviewed in Prawit watch scandal

webfact

Two more people interviewed in Prawit watch scandal

By The Nation

8b5e22a6384a29fe1679107e9b168c46.jpeg

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan covers his eyes, displaying a luxury watch and a ring, during a photo call with other members of a new Cabinet in Bangkok in December. / AFP

Two more people linked to luxury watches seen in possession of Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan have been asked to give information to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), secretary-general Worawit Sukboon said yesterday.

The NACC has already requested interviews with four individuals involved in the case. 

“There are a total of 25 watches seen worn by Prawit. If we find anyone is involved with any given watch, we will invite them [for clarification],” Worawit said. 

The NACC recently sent a fourth letter to Prawit asking him to clarify details regarding each watch by mid-March, Worawit said. 

“In the case that we need to invite Prawit to meet the NACC, we will,” Worawit said. 

Asked if Prawit will be given more time to submit an explanation after the latest deadline, Worawit said it depended on his explanation, adding that normally the NACC treated each case fairly. 

The NACC has already delayed the investigation, which was originally supposed to conclude last month, amid criticism that the agency is trying to stall. 

Worawit denied that allegation, saying that evidence of more watches required more time to consider the issue.

Prawit previously told the NACC in letters that he had borrowed the watches from friends and already returned them. The general has also pledged to resign if found guilty or if people “do not want him to stay” in his position.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30339931

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-01

7 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yet another daily example of how the junta sticks its two fingers up to the Thai public and treats them as morons, thinking that they will do nothing about all the lies and the junta's contempt for the law.

Well, those days might be beginning to change ...

Don,t hold your breath...........:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, Prawit said from the beginning that this was “easy to explain”, so why are these people only being asked now. Why didn’t Prawit give these easy-to-explain names to the relevant people straight away. I guess he thought he’d only be caught for one or two watches. Not 25. 

And if someone catches him with another watch in a photo, will he be allowed another 3 months to explain that? 

• Like 2

Oh boy the circus roles on Ok i hand down the verdict for them  NOT GUILTY because the general did not understand the price of these watches. He told the NACC he thought he had only paid 999 Baht for  the watches and when he got home he actually saw the real price  9999999. Since he has aides who pay for things he buys with state money he did not realize they were so expensive.  Simple misunderstanding and the general begs  for forgiveness and it wont happen again Ok Case closed next

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

. . . adding that normally the NACC treated each case fairly. 

His notes had got folded under, there, methinks . . . surely he should have said "fairly slowly".

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

What a bunch of pathetic, tiny little children these 'puu yai' ('adults' - ha!) are: the first sign of maturity is that you can listen to criticism and reflect upon it for self-betterment.

To actually tell people in the year 2018 that they cannot mock political 'leaders' is like a throw-back to the Middle Ages - which is where, of course, Prayut and his gang are delightedly dragging this country.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: these people are literally suffering from some kind of psychosis or delusional psychopathy - the gap between their perception of the world and Reality is beyond all measurement. These people really need to see a psychiatrist to 'shrink' their Everest-sized egos!

He's never been the same since being knocked unconscious during army training . . . that's what's done all the damage.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The NACC has already requested interviews with four individuals involved in the case. 

Just the opposite of Yingluck request for NACC to interview few more witness and was denied. Different stroke for different folk. 

• Like 1

My Citizen watch is currently with Citizen Thailand in BKK having a service, that could take at least a month and to be honest I feel naked without a watch on my wrist, do you think that he would lend me one of his till I get mine back, after all I'm a member of a very exclusive club as is one of his best mates steve100 , just a thought :thumbsup:  

1 minute ago, InMyShadow said:

what lunatic collects 25 watches?

Just one gold Rolex speaks volumes about class and wealth.

Appears there could a fair amount of wealth, as for class - well that could be a major stretch. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

what lunatic collects 25 watches?

Just one gold Rolex speaks volumes about class and wealth.

You would be surprised. Go over to the major watch forums. Lots of posters have 20 watches.

They wear them like shirts.

36 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

My Citizen watch is currently with Citizen Thailand in BKK having a service, that could take at least a month and to be honest I feel naked without a watch on my wrist, do you think that he would lend me one of his till I get mine back, after all I'm a member of a very exclusive club as is one of his best mates steve100 , just a thought :thumbsup:  

Eco drive?

Just now, Justfine said:

Eco drive?

Yep the second hand stopped working and the date was out by a country mile as the salesperson in Central (Citizen desk) screwed up when I asked for the time to be adjusted and (you need a Phd in something to understand the instructions on these things) when I checked the website it suggested a service every 6 or 7 years which is about how long I have had it.