Thx 4 Help - 1 More Q- What Area Of Pataya

dradrian

OK guys

whats the best area of pattaya to stay in? I want a bit of life, nice hotel within walking distance of nice girls, good bars, quiet in that its not full of drunken whorechasers. access the beach is good. I hear that walkin road and beach road are the load areas of pattaya. is this the bit to be in or is there a more subtle area better suited to a man with taste?

many thanks in advance. by the way i come in march (quite time?)

adrian

OK guys

whats the best area of pattaya to stay in? I want a bit of life, nice hotel within walking distance of nice girls, good bars, quiet in that its not full of drunken whorechasers. access the beach is good. I hear that walkin road and beach road are the load areas of pattaya. is this the bit to be in or is there a more subtle area better suited to a man with taste?

many thanks in advance. by the way i come in march (quite time?)

adrian

My choice would be mid-way between Walking Street and Jomtien Beach up on the hill between Pratunmak Road and the beach. It's a quite area with some nice restaurants, beach views and some quieter, cleaner, more secluded beaches.

It's about 1 - 1.5 km from Walking Street (depending on which Soi) so it's not an easy walk to the bars...but there are some local bars in this area. It's preferable that you rent a motorbike if you choose this area.

Edited by tropo

My advice is Soi 6 in Pattaya. It's close to the beach, has a few good restaurants on the street, some bars, transportation is no problem and there is a pretty good chance you will find a girl or two there.

... and a few that look like girls but really aren't!!!

:o

Soi 6 has it's very own

Quiz league 2 a week

pool league 2 week, the Queen vic Pub and another English Style Pub.

good food in both !!

very close to the beach

baht buses galore

NO i repeat NO Indian Tailors!

what more could you ask for? :o

Come on guys, don't do that to him, he needs breaking in slowly. :D

Second thoughts, Nah!, try Terry's bar Soi 6, they'll give you a room with a view. :D

Seriously, It's hard to say there's so many hotels spread over such a large area.

An easy landing zone though would be 'In Town' on soi 11, it's central, big rooms, airco, pool on the roof, 500 baht per night. check in for two or three nights, and see how you feel, you might like it there or you might want to upgrade.

BTW if your taking a lady back with you, to any hotel that is, make sure you check her in at the reception, it's not going to cost you extra, but they will take a copy of her I.D. better safe than sorry. :o

Edited by Robski

If it is a hotel you want then Bella Vista on Soi 4. Quiet soi, near to Beach road and second road.Walking distance to most 'interesting places'!

Tropical Berts almost on second road, near Bangkok bank,on soi 6/1. Quiet location with good rooms/all mod cons. Again close to most 'interesting places'! Far enough away for the necessary peace and quite. :o

Personally, looking at your requirements i think Jomtien would be best suited to your needs. And if you fancy a few crazy nights every now and then, it's only a 10 minute baht bus ride into Patters, where you can go to Soi 7 and 8 and then down to Walking Street.

Just my opinion.