Nonthaburi temple adds cashless payments to donation options

webfact

Nonthaburi temple adds cashless payments to donation options

By The Nation

f20493bd04d72abb4be4d3491c4ad5bf.jpeg

To join the bandwagon of projects motivated by the government’s “Thailand 4.0” policy, a Nonthaburi Buddhist temple has pioneered the use of QR code and Prompt Pay to raise donations for its Ubosot restoration.

13b4736d009d862259be19bc95aea957.jpeg

Wat Pleng (also known locally as Pink Ubosot Temple) in Tambon Sai Ma of Muang district has applied the convenient money transferring technologies after having been inspired by a bank’s promotion for its e-banking service, said abbot Phra Khru Sangkharakprasit Sitthiko. 

fb333ca5b73d296cefa302afbf36d7a7.jpeg

In addition to allowing anyone from anywhere in the world to made donations to the temple, the new technology also preemptively addressed an issue of transparency in money handling. The cashless system also provides slips as evidence so both the temple and donors could verify information. Each donation made will be alerted to the smartphones of those involved via an app, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340133

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-05

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I guess if you die in a car crash after payment , then they will claim that the transaction was declined !

I guess that you don´t care about that so much when you´re already dead. :cheesy:

24 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I guess that you don´t care about that so much when you´re already dead. :cheesy:

Its their get out of jail free excuse when your relatives ask the temple why you died after attempting to buy a 'cannot possibly die in a traffic accident and live to marry again at 100' amulet

• Haha 1