Search launched after woman’s body found off Phuket

webfact

Search launched after woman’s body found off Phuket

Eakkapop Thongtub

1520150202_1-org.jpg

One the local search boat heads out to find the body, believed to be that of missing 27-year-old Chinese tourist Yang Juan. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: The search continues today for the body of a woman found floating some 10 kilometres offshore from Patong by a group of men on a fishing trip yesterday afternoon (Mar 3).

Samrit Pimol, 59, a local resident of Thepkrasattri in Thalang, called in the discovery on the 191 police hotline at about 3pm.

Mr Samrit described the body as that of a fair-skinned woman wearing a red swimming costume. He believed the body to be that of a foreign tourist.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/search-launched-after-woman-body-found-off-phuket-66194.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-03-05

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The search continues today for the body of a woman found floating

This is confusing. Does this mean that some passing boat saw the body and did not stop to retrieve?

Just kept going and then reported it to police?

Maybe just poor reporting.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

This is confusing. Does this mean that some passing boat saw the body and did not stop to retrieve?

Nothing confusing here and no poor reporting. Poor reading i would say.

Why not read the whole story before post nonsense?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

I don't know what you think a body  would be like after a week in the ocean, but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't try to "retrieve" it. 

Reading the link, they stayed with the body as long as their fuel allowed waiting for rescue services which didn't arrive in time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, schlog said:

Nothing confusing here and no poor reporting. Poor reading i would say.

Why not read the whole story before post nonsense?

Why not try to not be rude?

If they cannot get the basic facts into the first paragraph then it is poor reporting. If I then want to pursue the story for further details then I will go to the rest of the story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I don't know what you think a body  would be like after a week in the ocean, but I'm fairly sure you wouldn't try to "retrieve" it. 

Reading the link, they stayed with the body as long as their fuel allowed waiting for rescue services which didn't arrive in time.

Fair enough.

9 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Searching for a body they found?  TIT.

Yang Juan , if it is you, very sorry for you and your family...

Read the link, they were searching for a body that had been spotted by someone else who was unable to recover it.

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Why not try to not be rude?

If they cannot get the basic facts into the first paragraph then it is poor reporting. If I then want to pursue the story for further details then I will go to the rest of the story.

The facts where spot on correct.  Perhaps if you don't want to pursue the story you shouldn't make unjustified comments about it without reading it fully.

Troll posts about poor reporting in the OP have been removed.  Some sources do not allow Thai Visa to post the full article verbatim, in cases like this, please click on the link to read the full story. 

Here is the link that was posted in the OP :  https://www.thephuketnews.com/search-launched-after-woman-body-found-off-phuket-66194.php#seiOcCHaRUjtXkfp.97