Relationships and age differences, a personal case study

GoDucks

3 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

Ribbing is fine.

Just being a dick is ok too.  But it is what it is.

Yep off to relax.

A little gentle ribbing can improve the sensation for both partners.  I don’t go for those spikey french ticklers, though.

Edited by StreetCowboy
Correcting autocorrupt
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

LOL thats a joke.  You have been intentionally trying to offend for a while now.

Not that it matters.  But I kind of feel sorry for you if thats how you get your kicks.

Anyway we have to meet her friend soon.  

You spent the last 2 days bragging and talking the situation up. I'm totally underwhelmed.

Hope this person knows you show images to strangers. Otherwise it's highly disrespectful to them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

This post sums up my feelings on this matter quite well.

I understand that love can transcend generations. I have read biographies about Lewis Carroll's ethereal love for Alice Liddell, and duly note that Woody Allen has remained married to Soon-Yi for decades. However, the risk of exploitation of young people by those with more wealth, power, status, and life experience should not be blithely brushed aside. This potential for exploitation (even when the relationship ostensibly appears to be consensual) increases exponentially when you are talking about Western men dating local women in underdeveloped parts of the world. Awareness of these potential risks needs to be raised in a corresponding fashion. When you're in an underdeveloped country like Thailand I think a heightened level of social consciousness is called for, and one needs to be extra vigilant about the potential for exploitation.

12 hours ago, GoDucks said:

Gallant (more like condescending) Westerner here to save the poor, ignorant locals.
Wow.

It's called having a social conscience, GoDucks.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GoDucks said:

LOL thats a joke.  You have been intentionally trying to offend for a while now.

Not that it matters.  But I kind of feel sorry for you if thats how you get your kicks.

Anyway we have to meet her friend soon.  

I'm surprised you can see his posts, everyone else has him on ignore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

LOL quotes are often because people want to point out their disagreement, yes?

About 50/50 agree disagree. That's good.

If everyone was the same life would be boring and nobody would learn anything.

A world full of yes men is not a world I'd want to live in.

I posted some facts a few weeks ago. Simon responded by adding me to the 50 others on his ignore list. Such is life.

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

So you're not banging a local then?

Before "banging a local" he would need to:

1.  obtain copy of potential partner's government ID to cofirm potential partner is:
a.  Above the age of consent

b. No more than 2.754 years younger than he
2.  Have ID validated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
3.  Gain written notarized permission from:
a.  potential partner

b. both parents

c. at least one other relative

4.  Have potential partner evaluated by:
a.  Psychiatrist

b.  Physician

5.  Post a notification in at least 3 national newspapers requesting notification from the public of there is reason for this "banging" not to take place.

Its great that, unlike many of us, he has that social conscience.

Edited by GoDucks

1 minute ago, GoDucks said:

Before "banging a local" he would need to:

1.  obtain copy of potential partner's government ID to cofirm potential partner is:
a.  Above the age of consent

b. No more than 2.754 years younger than he
2.  Have ID validated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
3.  Gain written notarized permission from:
a.  potential partner

b. both parents

c. at least one other relative

4.  Have potential partner evaluated by:
a.  Psychiatrist

b.  Physician

5.  Post a notification in at least 3 national newspapers requesting notification from the public of there is reason for this "banging" not to take place.

Its great that, unlike many of us, he has that social conscience.

Effort 7/10

Humour 4/10

Nice try though

8 minutes ago, Justfine said:

About 50/50 agree disagree. That's good.

If everyone was the same life would be boring and nobody would learn anything.

A world full of yes men is not a world I'd want to live in.

I posted some facts a few weeks ago. Simon responded by adding me to the 50 others on his ignore list. Such is life.

I think, in this particular battle, you are in the tiny minority.  Fair enough.  Like you said, if we all agreed on everything life would be pretty boring.

Edited by GoDucks

2 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

I think, in this particular battle, you are in the tiny minority.  Fair enough.  Like you said, if we all agreed on everything life would be pretty boring.

What battle? You think people want yes men? Maybe they do. Avoids thought and conflict.

On 3/8/2018 at 2:47 PM, GoDucks said:

Condo is in my name.  She never wants anything from me.  Insists she will not go to US with me until she can pay for it herself.  Not sure about the father/daughter thing.  She is pretty easy going, as am I.  

Yeah closer to grandfather grandaughter and your need to post a picture for whatever reason reeks of boasting/insecurity. You seeking the approval of others? If it works it works and I wish you luck she might hang around till you kick off which I guess for you is all that really matters.

This thread has probably passed its due date.  I can see the justification of those who have said I have been bragging.  I do not THINK that was ever my intention.  I think my motivation has been to show that there are nice girls out there, and even the all younger ones are not about the money.  And while it is understandable that most will just assume an older guy with a younger girl is all a scam, and that might even be true most of the time, it’s certainly not always true.  

My my girl has a few weaknesses to go with her many strengths.  Despite the smoking body her face is more exotic than beautiful.  Perhaps not to everyone’s taste, and as I mentioned early in, not terribly attractive to Thais.  But she is a pretty amazing girl, at least in my book.

I would not have posted this 2 years or even 1 year ago.  But now, having known her for over two years, I know her well and am pretty secure in this relationship.  Again, it’s the best relationship with zero drama I have ever had.  And, knock wood, it seems to only be getting better.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

And while it is understandable that most will just assume an older guy with a younger girl is all a scam, and that might even be true most of the time, it’s certainly not always true.  

As long as I can bang them, I don't care why they're with me.

When I was young they were with me for what they could get, and nothing's changed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

Lol u just have to be like this, right?

Gotta agree with Justfine on this one.

Until you've lived with her for 3-6 months, you have no idea what she's really like.

Every Thai girl I've moved in with was completely different (and not in a good way) once she was confident enough to 'let herself go'.

• Like 1

Just now, MaeJoMTB said:

Until you've lived with her for 3-6 months, you have no idea what she's really like.

Every Thai girl I've moved in with was completely different (and not in a good way) once she was confident enough to 'let herself go'.

We have backpacked and travelled together in China.  I find travel especially budget travel brings out the worst in people, but maybe u r right.  Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

We have backpacked and travelled together in China.  I find travel especially budget travel brings out the worst in people, but maybe u r right.  Time will tell.

Asians (especially Asian women) hide their feelings, until the moment they don't.

I've found the 'hiding' usually lasts for 3-6 months of cohabitation ...... then whammo ..... the real them is revealed.

Holidays rarely last 2 weeks.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Haha 1

The big risk when someone is that young is that the  personality is not yet fully formed and substantial changes often loom ahead.

This is the reason that marriages at young ages have such a high divorce rate. The younger someone is, the more they are likely to change over time and the greater the odds that they will no longer want what they want now.

Add to that the changes you will undergo as you age - she is reacting to you as you are now, how she will feel when she's still young and healthy in her 30's-40's  and you are an old man may be another matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You feeling ok?

Hey GoDucks

Love it, you are having fun, and showing no thought for far into the future, other than you are having such a good time you consider a lengthy continuation would be a real plus

Absolutely no issues from any normal person in that outlook :smile:

On the other hand you could go through life thinking every Thai woman is a loaded shotgun just waiting for the opportunity to blow away your wallet

Now that would be a rather sad existence, especially if one was living in Thailand :smile: but yes there are those who achieve this status of continuing suspicion and produce an effortless flow of aligned comment on this very forum 

Carry on and enjoy GoDucks life is fun

just a side note, I went to an engagement party a while ago, let's just say turns out sin sod agreement between the parents was not forth coming. To my knowledge the relationship between the kids continues as strong as ever, just not married is all, they both live well away from home. So going against tradition, or a lengthy postponement, while enjoying an 'informal marriage' is not perhaps such a barren area as some would consider :smile: That said they may get there in the end.

Edited by 473geo