UK Embassy

malagateddy

Oh well..give it to end of month then it'll be a mad phone rant followed by emails to
T May..B Johnson..and the rest laying it on thick re attitude and lack of respect/manners etc from workers who are paid by the taxpayer.
Also friends in Glasgow will raise matter with their MP's.
I'm quite a determined person!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Oh well..give it to end of month then it'll be a mad phone rant followed by emails to
T May..B Johnson..and the rest laying it on thick re attitude and lack of respect/manners etc from workers who are paid by the taxpayer.
Also friends in Glasgow will raise matter with their MP's.
I'm quite a determined person!!!

When I had to get my extension moved to a second passport (the first was getting too full) I emailed them and received pretty good service.

You could try email but I guess it will also depend on what the question is to do with.

3 hours ago, topt said:

When I had to get my extension moved to a second passport (the first was getting too full) I emailed them and received pretty good service.

You could try email but I guess it will also depend on what the question is to do with.

embassies do not transfer extension stamps  immigration only does this  maybe you  made a mistake with this info

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

I will also write to Her Majesty The Queen informing Her.
I have had occasion to write to Her Majesty before..1 week later a lovely reply from a senior member of Her staff.

As has already been suggested, maybe you could put your question to forum members, I'm sure somebody might be able to help.

Did you send your question to a specific department in the Embassy or to their generic email address, I've always received meaningful responses fron the Consular Department, well within their ten working days target, maybe I was lucky.

An email to Messers May, Johnson etc etc will get no further than their correspondence units who will draft a response.

Likewise a letter from one MP to another or even to a Minister would be dealt with by their own correspondence units.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

embassies do not transfer extension stamps  immigration only does this  maybe you  made a mistake with this info

I did not say they transferred the stamps - you need a letter from them before Immigration will action - ok?

I asked Mr.Brian Davidson to confirm that the UK Govt have no objections to me leaving my body when I die to the Medical Research Dept. of the massive Princess Srinagarind Hospital in Khonkaen.
I also stated that I have no living relatives in the UK
I also stated that my Wife is in agreement with my wishes.
It's not rocket science surely..a quick YES/NO reply is all I require.

2 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

not so embassy (uk) do not deal with passports or related issues

Maybe not now but 3 years ago they did or that is where the reply and letter came from.

Anyway the original point was that they had responded quickly to an email - which was before anyone knew the OP had written directly to the ambassador.

I am not taking the 'piss'.
For your information..5 weeks ago I went to the Princess Hospital and the Administrator told me that due to the fact that living relatives of I think it was an American man "raised merty hell" via the American Embassy re his body being donated to Medical Research a few months ago..the Hospital were very "coy" re accepting any more NON THAI bodies

• Like 1

I am not taking the 'piss'.
For your information..5 weeks ago I went to the Princess Hospital and the Administrator told me that due to the fact that living relatives of I think it was an American man "raised merty hell" via the American Embassy re his body being donated to Medical Research a few months ago..the Hospital were very "coy" re accepting any more NON THAI bodies

That’s why it should be covered in your wills.If you anticipate objections from relatives (do you?) tell them in advance - but it’s really none of their business.It’s certainly nothing to do with the Embassy.If the hospital concerned has got the jitters probably not much you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, jayboy said:

That’s why it should be covered in your wills.If you anticipate objections from relatives (do you?) tell them in advance - but it’s really none of their business.It’s certainly nothing to do with the Embassy.If the hospital concerned has got the jitters probably not much you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The next of kin is the one that matters..... if the subject is not clearly covered in the Will.  Other relatives do not feature.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 9:55 AM, malagateddy said:

I asked Mr.Brian Davidson to confirm that the UK Govt have no objections to me leaving my body when I die to the Medical Research Dept. of the massive Princess Srinagarind Hospital in Khonkaen.
I also stated that I have no living relatives in the UK
I also stated that my Wife is in agreement with my wishes.
It's not rocket science surely..a quick YES/NO reply is all I require.

The reply will be a tactful side-step with perhaps a point in the right direction tagged at the end. 

Do you really think they have nothing better to do than staff this sort of enquiry?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-no-madam-we-cant-find-a-chef-to-make-you-haggis

Edited by evadgib