Police hero helps save Russian tourist in Pattaya beach drama

snoop1130

22 hours ago, mercman24 said:

sorry A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC you dont count. the LONE RANGER  arrived to get the photoshoot credit.  look at me,,  look at me

Just love those photos shoot opportunities.. 

(I have one of the BIB collecting a wad of money at a jewelry store on second road. 

Maybe the officer was overcharged for a purchase and was being refunded) 

I thought it was a Glock in the holster. 

It's a selfie stick.. 

I hope he was humming Staying Alive while doing CPR. 

No pun intended... 

(That's what the Ambos do to get the rhythm right.) 

Edited by dallen52
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, monspencer said:

Here is why he didn't have sand on his trousers, and for the posters who asked earlier, it was his wife who dragged him ashore.

russian.jpg

Suggest he does his St. John CPR training again. 

That's no how you do it.. 

Get down on your knees at his side. 

15 compression and two breathes. 

Although the latest update says 30 compression and 2 breaths. 

(no slipping the tongue in). 

Edited by dallen52
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, HLover said:

Because it may have been an alien and they are not allowed be skilled.

I have my workplace lvl 2 first aid and St. John CPR training. 

We were tought that we were to do what we had trained to do under the Samaritans act. 

Do I fall foul of the burocracy for volunteering without a work permit. 

Headline.. 

Farang administrators CPR and breaks the law for volunteer work without the required visa... lol. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, HLover said:

Wonder who was initially doing the life saving CPR before the hero arrived?

Probably a pesky farang, no need to mention him in the article.

Translate for you from the Thai article: The wife of the injured man drags her husband's body up from the sea, where she finds the victim suffocated. Fortunately, this policeman has helped to pump the heart to save his life.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Not long ago there was a plan to have defibrillator paddles available in numerous places in touristy areas about Pattaya so that if someone suffered a heart stoppage,  s/he could be resuscitated by any passerby who had watched an episode of ER and who fantasized himself to be a hero-in-waiting.

Thankfully that idea fizzled out or numerous inebriated tourists passed out on the beach or fallen off a bar stool would travel back home with arrhythmia as a souvenir of their holiday in Thailand.

defrib.jpg.5e50c645f5fc15124f90caf48c2a6028.jpg

OMG... Flat Earth Society live and kicking in Pattaya...

As far as I know AED's (Automated external defibrillators)  are fool proof 

And a little research.

While it is highly desirable that those who may be called upon to use an AED should be trained in their use, and keep their skills up to date, circumstances can dictate that no trained operator (or a trained operator whose certificate of training has expired) is present at the site of an emergency. Under these circumstances no inhibitions should be placed on any person willing to use an AED.

https://www.resus.org.uk/defibrillators/training-required-to-use-an-aed/  Resuscitation Council (UK),

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Unfortunately (AFAIK) there is no St John, Red Cross  or any other like organisation in Thailand. :sad:

Personally I would like to see every child do First Aid as a compulsory subject in school, in every country.

"Get down on your knees at his side. 

Although the latest update says 30 compression and 2 breaths."

Yes, different ideas 15/2, 30/2 

I actually believe if you are on your own just go with the compression's with may be the occasional 2 or 3 breaths.

P.S. Flat Earth Society say's do not do CPR as you may break the casualties ribs...

If you do do CPR you may well break the casualties ribs, but better to survive with broken ribs that will mend than die.     

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Kudos, Pol Lt Woraphan Kaewmorakot, for showing initiative, and a job well done, which is usually the task of lifeguards, not present on Pattaya beach and  other beaches in Thailand. Every tiny beach in Hong Kong, just to mention one other place, has about half a dozen lifeguards, but Thailand doesn't seem to need them...  

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, HLover said:

Wonder who was initially doing the life saving CPR before the hero arrived?

Probably a pesky farang, no need to mention him in the article.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:37 PM, HLover said:

Bone dry uniform and not exactly springing into action according to the photo above.

What's your problem with a police officer getting some credit?

9 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Not long ago there was a plan to have defibrillator paddles available in numerous places in touristy areas about Pattaya so that if someone suffered a heart stoppage,  s/he could be resuscitated by any passerby who had watched an episode of ER and who fantasized himself to be a hero-in-waiting.

Defibrillators do not re-start stopped hearts!  Quite the opposite!

3 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Did it work, or not?  The way that he did it was fine in this case.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Unfortunately (AFAIK) there is no St John, Red Cross  or any other like organisation in Thailand. :sad:

Never heard of the Thai Red Cross that's been around since the late 19th century? 

Edited by Just Weird

Whatever it is: a most stupid article written by  whom???

No glue of an idea what a hero is or the normal duty of police .....Just producing a headline!

A very bad try to get a "good news story about thais, Thailand and the safety for tourists".

7 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Again I find it hard to read the number of posters who are being negative here just because this guys life was helped being saved by a Thai policeman. At the end of the day a persons life was saved, that is what is important.

And just to add, it would be interesting to see how many of the negative posters know how to administor CPR correctly in the number of compressions and assisted inhalations to use. It isn't just a matter of pushing anywhere on a victim's chest and hope for the best.

The policeman didn't write the article, he shouldn't be blamed for how he was put across. Kudos to all that were involved in saving a life.......

He is not administering CPR correctly. 

I would think that the patient was semi recovered from the previous Samaritan. 

Surprised he is not smiling for the camera. 

That position and location will not restart a heart.. 

This is why you kneel on the left side where possible and locate the heart. 

It's not in the centre of the chest. 

I will say no more.. 

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Personally I would like to see every child do First Aid as a compulsory subject in school, in every country.

"Get down on your knees at his side. 

Although the latest update says 30 compression and 2 breaths."

Yes, different ideas 15/2, 30/2 

I actually believe if you are on your own just go with the compression's with may be the occasional 2 or 3 breaths.

P.S. Flat Earth Society say's do not do CPR as you may break the casualties ribs...

If you do do CPR you may well break the casualties ribs, but better to survive with broken ribs that will mend than die.     

True. 

And the doctor who tested me last time said in elderly people it will happen. 

But you do not stop until a higher level of medical support is at hand. 

Two is certainly better than one. 

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Never heard of the Thai Red Cross that's been around since the late 19th century? 

What I was getting at here in the UK the British Red Cross Society runs in competition to the St John Ambulance Brigade with active members doing first aid at major events, promoting first aid training, nursing assistance, etc. does the Thai Red Cross have ambulances, do they promote and train first aiders, do they provide first aid cover at major events??? 

I do not want to comment on a cop being in the media for actually doing his job while working...

normally it is a PR action....

I did help in many situations helpless people just in Pattaya alone, people being robbed, left with no money living in the streets(not with giving money- its more complicate) rescued drowning children at the beach, from pools (giving CPR ...), help people after having an accident, defend people against a mob, when they tried to beat them to pulp.

Normally I not even get a "thank-you" .I can live with that. these people are mostly totally focused on their own misery.

Interesting: In the beginning of these events, there are many curious onlookers. But after a while they loose interest and disappear. So  many times after a while, everyone is  gone except me and the victim/helpless person.

What is bitter, most of the times, my friends react with criticising me, when they get to know of these events. They tell me, I am crazy to get involved and  especially in Thailand. They tell me, that it is very dangerous to get involved , especially in accidents or in actions of violence.

I do not want to comment on this either.

I just want to say hello to  the 1 % (?)percent of people, who react like me (not more). People, who help other people in those situations, help those who are in risk of life, not because it is your job but because it happens just in front of you and no one else is helping. I am talking to you, you who are helping when other people are in very need of your help and you are not asking yourself first, how risky it is for you to do it.

Hello ;)

Edited by dieter1

20 hours ago, pattayadon said:

Cops running around all over the place and a "Police Lieutenant" shows up to save the day?  Really now?  uh-huh!

They were all occupied giving out 2000 baht fines to smokers!

But hey credit due to the guy for performing CPR!

I think the guy who dragged him out of the sea should have got more mention too unless he didn't want it.

Must have got out of his depth, the sea looked calm enough yesterday when I was there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisinth said:

I am not sure what you are talking about, reference the position of the heart regarding CPR. The policeman's hands are in the correct position, centre of the breastbone with the heel of the hand about two inches from the bottom of the sternum. Perhaps he could administer more pressure if he was kneeling, but IMO he is creating enough to keep the blood flowing the way he is. Ideal positions aside, as long as he is administering between 100 and 120 compression's a minute, he will keep the oxygenated blood flowing. It is now taught that for someone untrained in CPR compressions should be between 100 - 120 a minute without the need for rescue breathing. For a person trained in CPR, compressions should be 30 followed by 2 rescue breaths.

In the case for CPR needing to be performed, it is 100% better trying than doing nothing if a pulse cannot be found on the injured person............:thumbsup:. They will thank you for it later. Or not.

The above facts come from training 2 months ago, I'm not in the medical profession, the methods for CPR have changed dramatically over the last 40 years but seem to have the same results in an impressive number of cases when carried out correctly.

sternum_Center_n.jpg.75ec0bc2ce9fe5d5e23bb95df43fa5d0.jpg

Correct position for the hands during CPR for an adult. Centre of sternum, 2 inches up for the heel of the hand. (this is the important bit)

russian.jpg.3fcccc5c604263679d431dcd8d3ba451.jpg.3eac410c208bb18651f590f5fbb522c3.jpg

Position of the policeman's hands while performing CPR. Always better for 2 people to be flip-flopping until a proper medical doctor turns up to keep the blood flowing. It is tiring after a while, perhaps you have never had to do it?

I can assure you that I have on many occasions. 

But the point many were making is the jocularity aspect of this bib post. 

Saying that he was using his training again in CPR. 

But as some stated, standing is certainly not a sustainable position. 

Your schematic shows from the left side, as I said previously. 

Yes, much fact and opinion on the method of application. 

I think the main line of comment was that he took over from the person doing it, obviously quite well. 

Kneeling would have been more effective and sustainable over long periods. 

But he would have to get sand on his trousers, lol. 

Enough said :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Translate for you from the Thai article: The wife of the injured man drags her husband's body up from the sea, where she finds the victim suffocated. Fortunately, this policeman has helped to pump the heart to save his life.

Thank you.  Shame she was not in the photo, if 30 years or below as they tend to fall to pieces after 30.

Praise be onto Olga.