When do we get a Fair Go ?

weegee

RANT :- for today...

Havent had water pressure more than a dribble for weeks here. Got the water board out and they replaced everything on a couple of peoples connections, said it's now fixed, but we still got NO WATER PRESSURE. It's so low, if you use the town water, the Hot Water Showers dont work....If you put your thumb over the end of the hose, the water stops.

All that has to be done is open the Bloody Valve at the Pumping Station a bit more....This is ridiculous honest.

Tell me...What happens if there is a Fire in a house etc etc....Do we just watch it burn as the water is not available to fight a fire...The nearest Fire Brigade is miles and miles away, and if they work on Thai Time, they wont arrive until the next day after the fire. With the dry weather here lately, sure as eggs, there will be a out of control fire soon with NO WATER.

OPEN THE VALVE !!!!! at the Pumping station...for Christ sake....It's not hard to do.

Just now, pgrahmm said:

How about installing a tank ?

& maybe a pump....

Let it trickle until you tank fills....Then manage it....

Seems like you're in a house in the country somewhere.....Possibly at the end of the supply line....

We have had no problems for years....It would take all day to fill a 2000ltr tank at the rate it flows. I have a pump and tanks as well. BUT you have to have water FIRST...wouldnt you say?

1 minute ago, weegee said:

We have had no problems for years....It would take all day to fill a 2000ltr tank at the rate it flows. I have a pump and tanks as well. BUT you have to have water FIRST...wouldnt you say?

Probably have to find out where it's getting diverted upstream....Something's changed.....

• Like 1

Just now, pgrahmm said:

Probably have to find out where it's getting diverted upstream....Something's changed.....

Asked them that when they came to check everything.....I reckon, they have closed a Valve somewhere and been too lazy to open it fully again....That or the Main Pump Station has cut this area back to nothing.

Have a look to see the connnection between who controls your water supply and the water truck delivery company.

Amazing in Patong, the water trucks are all new and dripping with add on mirrors etc, there must be money in delivering water and even more if you can persuade the supply authority to reduce the flow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Patong2 said:

Have a look to see the connnection between who controls your water supply and the water truck delivery company.

Amazing in Patong, the water trucks are all new and dripping with add on mirrors etc, there must be money in delivering water and even more if you can persuade the supply authority to reduce the flow.

If it wasnt so serious (FIRE)...I wouldnt even complain. I have been here long enough to understand, what to expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

There's another thread that I have answered to where people are putting in pumps (6000 bht or so ), before the tank as there is not enough pressure for max flow into the height of the tank

Exactly whats happening here.....There's a tap just inside the property before anywhere else, and it barely flows either.

You all want to know something funny....

A couple of days ago they had the Village meeting at the community centre next door...guess what....Full water pressure all day. The next day NOTHING AGAIN.....

• Like 1

I think i've never seen a Thai house that doesn't have a water tank and a pump. And even if the water is flowing as slow as you describe, with a tank this would probably not be a problem.

Maybe just offer the guy who came to fix it a 500THB tip if it's working as before again, then he has some motivation to work

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think i've never seen a Thai house that doesn't have a water tank and a pump. And even if the water is flowing as slow as you describe, with a tank this would probably not be a problem.

Maybe just offer the guy who came to fix it a 500THB tip if it's working as before again, then he has some motivation to work

I am not paying any of this corruption bullshit to anyone....I tip if the job is done right, no problems.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nice shed.

My MIL's pump was housed on a couple of old boards with a bit of old corrugated iron over it.

The old bat hated me though, so I wasn't going to do anything that didn't have to be done.

I was looking at the workmanship and trying to find something wrong.   Gotta admit,  pretty good job !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kannot said:

One thing  I learnt was when you live outside of any built  up area  here you may as  well take charge of EVERYTHING yourself , inc water supply sewerage ,construction of any sort ,any electrical work  etc etc.

I dug two wells, here's  the latest one done about 2  years ago, hole boring aside  I did it myself inc  all plumbing. Cant  trust anyone here to do anything right, gave up on that years ago, Can also switch between the 2  wells if  one should fail ie pump etc

I sleep well knowing its all done correctly, every joint has  glue every cable is earthed  every block laid has enough cement in the mortar, every tile properly cut the paint was not thinned  down to water etc etc

20161122_092411.jpg

water house 2 (2).jpg

As you probably know from some of my previous threads and posts....I do the same as you mostly. BUT this is ridiculous. I pay my bill for  water thats not there, and I have the same problem as another poster as well now....AIR comes through the pipes instead Water sometimes....which you pay for...as the meter keeps turning.

They talk about wanting to be innovative and Technical advanced....Hell they cant even deliver water through pipes properly yet....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, weegee said:

As you probably know from some of my previous threads and posts....I do the same as you mostly. BUT this is ridiculous. I pay my bill for  water thats not there, and I have the same problem as another poster as well now....AIR comes through the pipes instead Water sometimes....which you pay for...as the meter keeps turning.

They talk about wanting to be innovative and Technical advanced....Hell they cant even deliver water through pipes properly yet....

Are you far from the main water pumping station? Have you sent the wife to check houses near the station if they have pressure?

If they do, follow the line to see where the pressure stops.

If they don't, what is everyone else on the line doing about it?

My first marriage in Pitsanulok,the house had a large water tank. Every saturday when we did laundry and cleaned the house the tank would go dry. It would take till monday afternoon before I heard the water stop dripping into the tank. I could hear it . It was just a trickle.Our neighbours used to complain because well we were filling our tank there was no water in the system for them. I always pleaded innocent and played ignorant.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HooHaa said:

I have never lived in a house in thaliand that didnt have a water twnk for this reason. Even in central bangkok. 

Every place in the city, including condominiums has a water tank or system of tanks to enable you to store enough water for constant use that refills with the " trickle".

You want the problem to go away get your own tank or tanks.

Agree - with emphasis on "tanks'"... or one very big one... and a good strong pump. 

Hey ,,,Weegee is right I am on the same line  close to Weegee. Up to a couple months we had very good pressure better than from the house pump supply that we have to use now on a tank just to have a shower.Someone is turning the Valve down to lower the pressure to save the old polly lines from blowing.Isn't the local Headman suppose to look after the Village people?He doesn't do much at all .only letting his stinking  Stallion Horse(one could call it that)grazing around the community centre and let it Piss and Shit all over the place ,on the centres concrete shelter too & he doesn't clean it.

New election time for a new Headman soon ,,,, Get rid of this no hoper,,,  End of Rant   :wub:  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Hey ,,,Weegee is right I am on the same line  close to Weegee. Up to a couple months we had very good pressure better than from the house pump supply that we have to use now on a tank just to have a shower.Someone is turning the Valve down to lower the pressure to save the old polly lines from blowing.Isn't the local Headman suppose to look after the Village people?He doesn't do much at all .only letting his stinking  Stallion Horse(one could call it that)grazing around the community centre and let it Piss and Shit all over the place ,on the centres concrete shelter too & he doesn't clean it.

New election time for a new Headman soon ,,,, Get rid of this no hoper,,,  End of Rant   :wub:  

Yep...The sooner the better for all the community when he has been replaced, sad to say. He started out ok, but when you look around these days, the area has gone backwards at a great rate.

The local kids dont use the community centre anymore. Who wants to run around in horse and Cow shit thats everywhere.

2 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Your solution is the valve needs opening.

I'm on my own bore water but years ago in our area the water and power would be cut if enough people weren't paying their bills.

That's no excuse, they can disconnect the people who aren't paying their bill.

1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

Your solution is the valve needs opening.

I'm on my own bore water but years ago in our area the water and power would be cut if enough people weren't paying their bills.

Well mate...I pay mine. In fact over the years i have put an effort in for the community here to make it better where i can.

All i want is the Water Service that I pay for....not much to ask is it hey?

LOL...Power...off and on like a Thailand election. The other day the power going off and on nearly threw the Fridge motor and compressor out on the floor when it surged back on....

YES the Valve needs opening at the PUMP STATION....

• Like 1