Hundreds show up to receive free cash handouts which never came

webfact

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe if you had very little money or no rice to eat

you would not think them so pathetic !!, there but ......

regards worgeordie

If in that situation I would do all in my power to get a job, any job, to improve my life...

But it easier to sit under the tree and watch the rice grow.....and import workers from neighboring countries to do the mundane jobs....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

And then they wonder why elections are being bought so easily.. :giggle:

I agree. In fact during the Bangkok sit ins before the Junta took over, many people were being paid 1000 baht and bused in from the provinces just to sit and pretend they supported the yellows and they wanted change. When in fact they actually were supporters of the Reds.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I think your wrong, or at least partly. There are indeed those that are working hard and are still poor but there are plenty that are lazy too. You should just open your eyes. In this country and many others both reasons are valid laziness and economic reasons. 

so let's see, plenty of research done to show the reasons for poverty, against Thai Visa experts anecdotes and bs, I think I know which one I will be listening to

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

so let's see, plenty of research done to show the reasons for poverty, against Thai Visa experts anecdotes and bs, I think I know which one I will be listening to

If Thais are so poor.. why are there so many immigrants doing jobs Thais don't want ? Plenty of Thais not wanting to work certain jobs. If you are really poor you grab all opportunity you can. 

1 hour ago, JOC said:

If in that situation I would do all in my power to get a job, any job, to improve my life...

But it easier to sit under the tree and watch the rice grow.....and import workers from neighboring countries to do the mundane jobs....

I suspect a lot of them have a job, probably on day to day basis,but it does not pay enough

for them to live on,even though their needs are  very simple.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

If Thais are so poor.. why are there so many immigrants doing jobs Thais don't want ? Plenty of Thais not wanting to work certain jobs. If you are really poor you grab all opportunity you can. 

when did I say 'Thais are so poor', I said some Thais are poor... 

Maybe I would like to live in a system where people don't have to do shit work for shit wages just to survive whilst the rich cream everything for themselves...

6 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

when did I say 'Thais are so poor', I said some Thais are poor... 

Maybe I would like to live in a system where people don't have to do shit work for shit wages just to survive whilst the rich cream everything for themselves...

Then i suggest you move to an other country this wont change. ( i would not mind some change but that is an other story)

You were saying there were no lazy Thais, i am saying there are otherwise the immigrants don't take the jobs they don't want. 

I am saying not all poverty comes from lack of chances a lot comes from lack of ambition and lack of willingness to work. 

Certainly not from everyone because I know poor people that work hard too but there are certainly those that just don't want to work (let the wife work while they sit at home ect)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe if you had very little money or no rice to eat

you would not think them so pathetic !!, there but ......

regards worgeordie

Looking at many people in that photo they are not in need of food... quite the reverse... perhaps they should have jogged to the temple to burn off some of that excess weight.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, JOC said:

You are not making 300 a day, if you waste your time sitting waiting for (never coming) free handouts..:coffee1:

they  wont  work  for  300  a  day  anymore try  500