Not drinking

Justfine

On 3/21/2018 at 9:01 AM, Justfine said:

What's with these icons and no comments?

I think its meant as encouragement without cluttering the page up with additional posts that don't really add anything to the discussion

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i refused to drink for 3 years in cambodia due to there being no naked woman to look at. now i just got back and had my first gogo round,

but i no longer fancy drinking, didnt fancy the taste, didnt enjoy, didnt get drunk,

nothing to write home about

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well i have heard many excuses for drinking but, partly because my granddaughter likes skipping down to the shop  Pricless best excuse i have read in ages.:cheesy:

I said partly. I don't know why this subforum attracts so many unpleasant people.

Drinking two small beers every two days doesn't really count as drinking, drinking a pack a day as I had in the past, is drinking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

the emoji cannot differentiate between with and at

I consider emojis to be an abomination and try to ignore them. :-)

Edited by cooked
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, helloagain said:

What cambodia no naked women you must be drunk

cambodia got neither go-go nor anything else that you'd associate with civilization

Edited by poanoi
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

I may be able to address this shortly. I am told the Mont Clair 5 litre boxes will no longer be available @ 969 baht. There will be 3 litre boxes for the same price at around the same price.

My local Big C now stocks 3 litre Mont Clair boxes. I can't remember the exact price but it was only just shy of 1200 baht. 

5 minutes ago, poanoi said:

cambodia got neither go-go nor anything else that you'd associate with civilization

According to a famous quote, the only sure proof of a country's civilization is its cuisine.

Sadly, most countries which we take as civilized would not pass the test.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

According to a famous quote, the only sure proof of a country's civilization is its cuisine.

Sadly, most countries which we take as civilized would not pass the test.

yes, the food there was the thing i hated the second most,

after the mattresses

I don't miss it, because I never started. When I was a teenager, I went to a lounge in a hotel with a couple of friends, I thought the look of a beer in a pint glass was revolting, so I would not even taste it, and that has carried me through to right now. I still can't understand how anyone can put something that looks so revolting down their throats.

I accept that I am just an odd one out, and it does not bother me sitting in the company of people drinking, just as long as it stays sociable.

Even today though, I have a rule that at any social event, I will be happy to shake hands with anyone who offers, but pity help them if they approach me for a handshake the second time.

I have never minded sociable drinking, but I cannot stand drunks, and will never tolerate drunkiness from anyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't miss it, because I never started. When I was a teenager, I went to a lounge in a hotel with a couple of friends, I thought the look of a beer in a pint glass was revolting, so I would not even taste it, and that has carried me through to right now. I still can't understand how anyone can put something that looks so revolting down their throats.

I accept that I am just an odd one out, and it does not bother me sitting in the company of people drinking, just as long as it stays sociable.

Even today though, I have a rule that at any social event, I will be happy to shake hands with anyone who offers, but pity help them if they approach me for a handshake the second time.

I have never minded sociable drinking, but I cannot stand drunks, and will never tolerate drunkiness from anyone.

what do you do about them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cooked said:

I gave up completely for over a year and now drink two small Chang every two days, partly because my granddaughter loves skipping down to the shop.

My high blood pressure continued after giving up alcohol and I am now taking medicaments, which work very well, who knows what would have happened if I had still been drinking?

Anyway, I never got outrageously drunk, but I did develop acid reflux and started puking about three times a week. That's finished, and I feel I have it under control, never had more than four beers on a day for two years now. 

My wallet seems to have got a bit heavier though.

Why not send your granddaughter down for an ice cream or sweets for herself? Then she will skip a lot faster.:biggrin:

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2