Pattaya Goddess issues her warning - then carries out her threat on the police!

webfact

50 minutes ago, Orac said:

I believe the technical term in the UK is ‘church’ rather than shrine.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You might want to enlighten yourself with this list of major shrines across the world, including the UK, US, Canada, Philippines... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shrines

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook said that Jao Mae Takhian - the goddess of the trees - had appeared in a dream to the owner of a traditional Thai massage shop in the area.

Is this an example of;

A/ thailand 4.0

B/ thai thumb what’s it up per prayuts new education aim

C/ ignorant stupidity

D/ vengeful God’s.

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I'd guess that whichever country you come from will have shrines to the supernatural so that country would be just as "primitive", yes?

No, because he was refering to the Superstitions and not the Shrines, and this country and its superstitions are laughable to put it mildly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a cursory look at this police accomodation makes it apparent that the job is poorly paid. It is probably the case that the honest cops are housed here; I know of one living there who will not take bribes and has a second job on the side as a security guard to make ends meet.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

No, because he was refering to the Superstitions and not the Shrines, and this country and its superstitions are laughable to put it mildly.

No different to europe and usa where people believe the dead come back to life then float up into the sky.

Or guys in long black frocks can forgive you for murdering someone and then you can join the floaters up there somewhere when they hang you or whatever.

Seems fancy red, white or black gowns can make you so much better than the peasants beneath you that you keep asking for money. ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orac said:

I believe the technical term in the UK is ‘church’ rather than shrine.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes that nonsense was popular with others than myself but, but for me here now it is go go bar.  Worshipping at the alter of Venus, if not the Mount (before someone thinks I ever thought of it.)

16 hours ago, Acemaker said:

And you seriously think that the superstitions that western (let's say Christian/Muslim etc) countries' religious followers have are not laughable?  That's even more laughable.

22 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Laugh if you want. 

My son dreamed he won a scholarship to highschool. 3 days later the scores came out. 

He had indeed won. 

Dreams really do come true. 

You have any figures about how many applicants had the same dream and didn't win?