Now Big Joke joins the hunt for female tourist who sat on a ledge at Wat Phra Kaew

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Wherever there is a heinous crime, involving those pesky foreigners and guaranteed to generate publicity...there you shall find the nation’s saviour, the one, the only, the mighty big joke. 

Sleep easy citizens...

Nothing about the stupid foreigner then or haven't you noticed one?

9 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

The real issue here that this behaviour is deeply offensive to ordinary Thai's and Buddhists. Like climbing on certain statues or buildings in UK or US.

In any country there are limits to behaviour. If you travel, you should respect that countries religious and legal requirements, even if you do not agree. Belittling the protection of religious and ancient landmarks shows a lot of ignorance. 

Deflecting, by saying the authorities are not doing this,  or not doing that,  so why do this, is just childish. 

I agree. Sadly most replies here are very childish.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HLover said:

Can anyone confirm the Rice Gruel is translated as 'Jok' and not 'Joke' as I may have been writing it incorrectly for months.

I know which I think it the correct spelling in this case.

It is quite often subjective how people perceive the spelling. I think this one is spot on, given the subject matter.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

the thing I like about people here is that they do not seem to think that the Thai police cannot walk and chew bubble gum.

I imagine a tourist having a leak on Buckingham Palace champ d;elise. statue of liberty or the front of the Sydney opera house.  

These things are not allowed and would not be accepted.  People would be charged and punished.  The same thing goes here.

To be honest the fact that the BIG JOIKE" is taking crime in all it's forms seriously and I AM SURE HIS STAFF is IS A GREAT RELIEF TO this tourist.  I just hope that more officers will take his lead.

While I agree with you on the main point of your post, I don't really think it's fair to compare someone sitting in a place they shouldn't be to someone urinating there. And what do you even mean by the comment about "I am sure his staff is a great relief to this tourist" anyway?

3 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

While I agree with you on the main point of your post, I don't really think it's fair to compare someone sitting in a place they shouldn't be to someone urinating there. And what do you even mean by the comment about "I am sure his staff is a great relief to this tourist" anyway?

You are right although he has a opinion it is a poor comparison but these are the same guys who take anything negative as bashing Thais and just don't get the big picture. The big picture while Thais love to take our money at these places do not provide a place to sit nor enough garbage cans for example. This same lack of... is why shit is pouring into the bay... roads are breaking apart..etc... while buses are pouring into tourist area's and venues are being built just for them to shop none of the money seems to be going wear it is needed?  Which is the Thai people, education system meaningful items that make the lives of Thais better, instead of spending it all on roads, trains, toll booth to collect more for themselves reall Sad!  isn't it 

• Like 2