Will Repainting void Warranty?

IsaanFam

Hello,

I got a new car and want to repaint some parts of the car, ie. the rims + roof. Does this void warranty in any circumstances? 

I bought a warranty upgrade so I am really bothered if this could void it.

Edited by IsaanFam

Get a Thai speaker to go to the dealer and ask, or better still email the rides manufacturers head office, if they reply "OK", print it off for security.

If you paint it, don't forget to go to the LTO and get your blue book amended regarding colour changes..

I forgot to add: I will use Plasti Dip, it is non permanent and can be peeled off easily.

I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be, because the reality check will come up if some warranty issues arise.

8 minutes ago, IsaanFam said:

I forgot to add: I will use Plasti Dip, it is non permanent and can be peeled off easily.

I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be, because the reality check will come up if some warranty issues arise.

Don't forget it is a fine-able offense not to inform LTO about colour change, l would think it doesn't matter if it is stick on or not. Just make inquiries to be safe...:smile:

4 hours ago, transam said:

Don't forget it is a fine-able offense not to inform LTO about colour change, l would think it doesn't matter if it is stick on or not. Just make inquiries to be safe...:smile:

I am more serious about the warranty.

Anybody with real experience?

• Haha 1

Ask the manufacturer of the vehicle. The dealers will try to weasel out of warranties on any pretext, it's how they make money on non-warranty work.

IMHO a paint job should not void any warranty apart from the original paint.

On 3/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, transam said:

Have you ever had a cop check your blue book ?

The color change urban legend is as stupid as defamation law ! Who is sued ? When ?

And people keep repeating these stupid things...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Op I called the manufacture for you, they said No! you can't paint your car, if you do you will be fined, the warranty will be canceled, they will repo the car and then check on your visa!

However I'm sure you will paint anyway, so why ask?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, Just Weird said:

"I will ask the dealer but I guess it doesn't matter what his answer will be..."

You're right, but it carries a lot more weight than anything said here which will mean nothing if you get into a warranty claim!   The manufacturer will not be swayed by "but an anonymous bloke on Thaivisa said...".  

Unless you have a warranty claim with a roof issue (unlikely) or a claim regarding the wheels, much more likely particularly if you have modified them (sanding down before plasti-dipping for example), you should not have any warranty problems on parts not modified.

:sad:   :sleepy: