'No more' or we vote you out - students lead huge U.S. anti-gun rallies

rooster59

I also admire the enthusiasm and think it’s a good sign for real, actual change down the line generations from now, of every kid starts to think like this. The whole “voting them out” paradigm just simply doesn’t work though. It’s not nearly that simple. They’ll just be replaced by someone who’s just as manipulated by the lobby. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, milwaukeeboy said:

Yet there no anti-war protests as thousands of teenage Americans use guns and other weapons to slaughter innocent children almost daily in various countries under the guise of "national security". And they use the catch phrase "collateral damage" so that everything is fine and dandy.

This is a bizarre world.

The 70s were a different era, not long after Kennedy asked people to "do for their country, not for themselves", and formed the Peace Corps.

Now, many are all about me, me, me.

I wonder if those on the march even consider what their countrymen are doing abroad?

• Like 1

Keeping on the partisan theme (sorry idealists) I think "trump's" flip flop on the comprehensive background check thing can be a very powerful issue to defeat him in 2020 (if he makes it to that point). There is no doubt that the vast majority of Americans (of both parties) support comprehensive background checks and also closing the gun show/online sales loophole, including ironically a good portion of actual NRA members (as opposed to their corrupt industry driven leadership). "trump" being owned by the NRA means of course he's just another corrupt lobby owned politician, his "outsider" brand is dead.

Keep going students and never give up! 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pegman said:

Enormous crowd in D.C estimated at between 5-800,000. Good on them and good on the sponsors like Kraft who lent those kids the Pat's plane.

@ sevenhills, what is so funny about this post?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If they refuse to attend -- DUMP THEM! If they do attend and they don't meet the CLEAR AGENDA of this movement (REAL GUN CONTROL) the word will be out -- DUMP THEM and support another candidate of whatever party that does.

I wasn't aware that children could vote in primaries in the US.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that children could vote in primaries in the US.

Nice, it took 28 posts but someone else finally realized that the person they quoted is only 17 years old.

• Like 2