Thai eating habits

superal

Sorry but It's just the way Thais eat. I attend parties all the time and you have to just go with it or go hungry. You just need to keep hold of your own spoon. For me the one exception would be picking up something like a chicken drumstick, pulling a piece of meat off with their fingers and then putting the chicken back on the serving plate. I see this all the time and have never been able to accept it.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

16 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

and B and C was a death sentence then, so a bit scary .

What made you think that? I had an ex who had hep c probably caught in India many years before (certainly long before 2004) and as far as I know she is alive and very well today........

• Like 1

yew ever see a bunch of malays/indonesians eating together? it's a riot as they hook the food down with their hands, chew vigorously and then let the contents fall back onto their plates...

I said: 'say there, Mr suryobati...yew trine to lose weight?'

I waited until later and then got me a burger...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

21 hours ago, superal said:

Have you sat at a restaurant table as a guest of Thai people who have ordered the food

I don't mix with Thais, apart from my direct family, and anything they have I probably have already.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I for one am not aware of the diseases that can be transmitted by saliva. Swapped spit with literally thousands of women. Imagine what was possible for me to have caught from kissing their private areas.

Hepatitis and TB.

I'm not bothered by sudden death either, but don't want to spend my remaining years coping with chronic illness.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, superal said:

As for being raciest , please qualify that statement . 

Finally are you aware of the diseases that can be transmitted by saliva ?  

Really... so you never kiss anybody then?

And its raciest as this topic is solely about making fun of Thai eating habits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

And its raciest as this topic is solely about making fun of Thai eating habits.

Thais aren't a single race, so it isn't racist.

(33% Laos, 33% Siam, and the other 34% from assorted other races)

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Sealbash said:

But do Americans use their fork upside down?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Probably they do as they seem to so everything opposite to the rest of Europe.  

They like breaking up the food into tiny bits.. like when feeding a baby, then only using a fork (they don't see able to know how to use a knife) to eat the meal.  The leave the dirty knife laying on the table or side of the plate while switching the fork back and forth from right to left hand.

With the fork they then poke at and stir the contents of the meal around and around on the plate, usually waving the fork (with food attacked) around in the air while they are shouting their conversation across the restaurant for all to hear.  They like to laugh loudly with open mouths full of food while at the table.  

The they will be still taking (usually about themselves.. 'I was like, she was like, so I though it was like, and like like like..me me me.. I did this, I did that, like....awesome!!'  while shoveling it into their mouth at the same time, and still speaking with mouth full of food.. with lots falling form their open mouths.

They will at some point usually start blowing their nose into a tissue in public and the dinner table. 

They usually like to have a few bottles of beer with their food to... even breakfast or lunch it seems, instead of water or some other drink.  They will even drink it from the bottle and not use a glass.

They will pile huge bits of food onto their fork and then shove the fork and food right into their mouths.  Thais would consider putting the fork into your mouth as rude.  Here it's prober to use the fork to put the food onto the spoon.  

I have even seem Americans here trying to eat a pizza with a fork and SPOON!!!  But maybe that is a step up from their usual way to pick up and eat pizza and burgers, etc WITH THEIR HANDS!!!  Again I suspect it's because of the not knowing how to use a knife and fork properly. 

So before you go poking fun and putting down Thai people for they way they eat.. take a look at your own eating habits.  

2 minutes ago, nanglong218 said:

To those who sneer at the warnings of hygiene I will just say "do you have 6 months to spare, in pain, discomfort and fatigue, awful fatigue."  No interest in sex, your liver controls more than you imagine.  If you are topside of 65 you don't have the time to spare.   HepA and E are no joke.  Hep B and C can now be controlled, like HIV, by anti virals produced since 2004.  It's your choice.

Well mate i have been in serious pain for over 4 years, so i dont give a rats a++e about your warnings of doom.

No i am not interested in sex, whatever time i have got left i will enjoy it, eating/ doing whatever i want, not taking notice of doom mongers like you, bye bye.

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well mate i have been in serious pain for over 4 years, so i dont give a rats a++e about your warnings of doom.

No i am not interested in sex, whatever time i have got left i will enjoy it, eating/ doing whatever i want, not taking notice of doom mongers like you, bye bye.

You are extreme in your opinions, aren't you. I am not a doom monger but I've experienced the downside of poor hygiene. If you want chronic illness,   it's your right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1