Getting GF to leave condo

joeBr

Hiya,

was really not thinking I would ever find myself in that situation, but I might have to have my (thai) gf forcefully removed.
I was in a similar situation with her before and I know that she will refuse to comply. That time we somehow made peace and I let her stay.

It is not as bad this time, but I have enough.
I will defo try to resolve it in a good way, but the end result of that must be that she is out.

Unfortunately she does not have any income, no place to stay and on top of that she even has a dog that needs to be taken care of (yes, not allowed in condo, but landlord basically knows - but a lot of problems might come from that anyways).

My plan is to let her know the next days that i want her to leave and give her two days to sort it out. During that time I would book some hotel.

I really dont wanna get police involved but that might be the last resort. The last time she just did not care that I was about to call police. She does not pretend to, she really plays thing until the very end.
So my question would be if anyone knows how to best pull that last card?
I certainly dont wanna call them in the midle of a fight etc.

Any advice really appreciated.

Best,
Joe

PS: condo is in my name (rented)

Edited by joeBr
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, poanoi said:

this would not be an issue if you were somewhat aggressive & violent,

but as it is, i think the best thing you can do is first go to police and

ask if they would help if she dont comply, and ask to get appropriate phone nr,

and then go back and tell her to leave, and when she dont, phone

Nah, she is the violent one. From the last incidence I even got lots of witnesses who could prove that.
...Yeah I thought so too: Get in touch with police beforehand and get the right number. Police station is right around the corner.
I just wanna avoid getting police involved by all means.

cheers!

7 hours ago, mstevens said:

Your goal is to get her out of the condo without incident, and ensure that she will never return.

As she has no job, you're probably going to have to cough up some money so she can find a place to stay.  A basic room could run 5,000 baht a month and with one month's rent paid in advance and a 2-month deposit, there's 15,000 baht already.  She's going to need some money to get there and money to live on so top it up to 20,000 baht.  That way, she cannot say you threw her out on the street destitute.  OK, so she might not use the money to find a room and might instead go and stay with friends or family.  Np problem, that 20K baht is like "severance pay" and will help her to move on with her life.

To get her out of the condo, I'd try and get help from outside to, at the very least, act as a witness.  It could be the condo owner, someone from the condo building's management or, perhaps, someone with "authority".  The problem with that is that with other Thais there seeing her being asked to leave she will lose face and she might become unpredictable.

Once she is gone, change the lock and / or add another lock to the door.  Also, instruct security and management at the condo that you and her are no longer an item and under no circumstances is she allowed back in to the building for the purpose of visiting you.

Finally, if you engage in anything questionable such as consuming weed or anything else illegal that she knows about and which could be used against you, get rid of whatever it may be now.  A scorned woman can become unpredictable and some Thai women can become vengeful so take steps to eliminate any vulnerabilities you may have.

Good luck, and let us know what you do and how it goes.

Paying 20K, why it isn't your responsibility. Who gives anything about the losing face, you will if you give her that much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Is she with you 24 hours a day?

If she is ever not at your room, pack her stuff, put it in the Lobby with the security and instruct them to not let her inside anymore. Also tell the condo management about it so they can kick her off from the condo grounds if she doesn't want to leave but hangs out at the lobby to harass you.

Depending on how entry to the building works, ask them to deactivate her keycard.

And as somebody suggested already, change the lock, in case she wants "revenge" and ever gets access to your floor.

You mean pass the messy job off to everyone else rather than handle it yourself? Why the hell should management and condo management be responsible for sorting out the tenants private life.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

You mean pass the messy job off to everyone else rather than handle it yourself? Why the hell should management and condo management be responsible for sorting out the tenants private life.

Why?? well, the key word had already been stated in an earlier Post - "Witnesses)

54 minutes ago, impulse said:

Whether we want to realize it or not, living with a woman in Thailand is generally seen as a financial arrangement on her part.  Life's a lot easier when you handle things like what they really are, as opposed to what you'd like to think they are- or what they are back home.

"living with a woman in Thailand is generally seen as a financial arrangement on her part."   Don't agree with that. Yes there are that see it that way, like there are in the rest in the world. There are loads of independent woman who don't need the money of their BF as they make there own. Living with a bar girl will certainly increase the chances a lot that the 'relation' will be seen like that of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

"living with a woman in Thailand is generally seen as a financial arrangement on her part."   Don't agree with that. Yes there are that see it that way, like there are in the rest in the world. There are loads of independent woman who don't need the money of their BF as they make there own. Living with a bar girl will certainly increase the chances a lot that the 'relation' will be seen like that of course.

You're right, I was lazy.  My post didn't mention the OP's statement that she had no source of income and no other place to stay.   

16 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Because it makes it easier and it's part of their job (not sorting out private problems, but to prevent "intruders" from entering the condo)

The right thing to do the OP has already said she is violent why should he pay her.

She sounds the Normal-type and just wants a free meal why should he pay her now he has had enough of her.

Op just be Firm tell her you want her out Give her 24 hours if she Doesn't go call the police.Change the Lock if you, can tell the security and block all ways of her contacting you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes that's what one of my ex's said proudly

"I am a independent woman"

Oh really can I have half the Condo Rent money form you then?

No answer lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

"Removed" my GF also from my Condo. No drama but she asked me if it's ok to move out in the night, as other people would less recognize that she has to leave and not loose face.

Change locks and tell Security ( if there's any ) that she is an unwanted person, once she left.