Foreigner hangs himself, burns house down next to final message to wife: "You have stolen everything from me"

webfact

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

RIP.

Should be required reading for every man coming to Thailand.

I am sure he loved his daughter.

Then why didn't he go to court and get partial custody of the daughter instead of killing himself and leaving his daughter without a father?  Required reading for every man coming to Thailand should include their legal rights, rather than the sad outcomes of those who did not know their own.

• Like 2

How much do you know about the guy who committed suicide?

Blaming Thais as usual without knowing any details. Perhaps he had some mental issues?  RIP, whatever happened to you. 

Weird, that we don't even have his name, but so many people seem to know what a great man he was. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, kalidescopemind said:

How do Thais still get away with this?    How can you buy a property that you can't have in your name, and not know you are being screwed?

Because it's love; they are different; she will love me long time..............endless promises that a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

RIP young fella.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The foreigners who do this think they are outsmarting the local yokels. The people who end up this way are sad to say, typically, life's losers. They were failures in their homelands because of their behaviour patterns and when they came to Thailand, those same behaviour patterns caused their failure again. Plenty of simple working people   have success in Thailand and it is because they keep it real, are grounded and are not given to fits of emotional outbursts.

You top dog you.

Showing your true colours now.  :cheesy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

How much do you know about the guy who committed suicide?

Blaming Thais as usual without knowing any details. Perhaps he had some mental issues?  RIP, whatever happened to you. 

Weird, that we don't even have his name, but so many people seem to know what a great man he was. 

You are absolutely right of course, and I have no answer as to how people reach their conclusions. In fact, what we do know for certain is he purposefully burned down assets that could have, potentially anyway, helped his daughter’s future. All to satisfy some sort of retributional itch he may have had. Not a check mark in his favor for sure. 

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Like 2

Something doesn't seem quite right with this story.

Here are two quotes from the article: 

1. "... believed to have hanged himself in handcuffs ... " 

2. "He was handcuffed with his hands behind his back."

It sounds more like a planned mob "hit" than a suicide.

If it gets investigated, notes to investigators:

1. Look into her family members who might have "official connections".

2. Look into the victim's "replacement".

3. Did the house and vehicles have insurance?  If they did, who was the "beneficiary"? 

There's more holes in the story, but ... 

... sincere condolences to the victim ... 

inner voice  always trust gut instincts.jpg

You and your family have stolen everything from me including my daughter and my life. Now you have all exactly as you wanted."

So how exactly does a farang married to a Thai woman here "lose everything"?

I'm guessing, and probably the case here, giving the wife significant money to buy/build a "family" house and/or land in her name -  since you as a farang can't own land in Thailand.

Please think carefully over those kinds of decisions.

2 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Very sad, at least he saw she only got the burnt relics of the house, car, and motor bike,

so he had something of a last laugh!

I can't imagine too many people having a "laugh" while they place the noose around their necks... 

It's sad to see people taking their lives because of others, arguements, divorce, etc. - it seems so pointless. 

RIP - what a pity your daughter will grow up without a father, won't have a father to give her away on her big day. 

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light - Aristotle. 

• Like 1

There is  good reason for the well known expression 'Love is blind'. Romance with a 'knowledgeable' Thai, add  the land laws and these together with blind love is a recipe for disaster unless you are strong and aware.

I have heard too many distressing stories to relate. I hope this gets a wide audience in the foreign press.

What annoys me is that  (in the case of the UK) the Foreign Office will warn about tuk tuk and taxi minor scams but will deliberately? stay clear of housing scams which could ruin their nationals financially.