NACC comes up empty in Prawit scandal, saying watchmakers’ responses needed

webfact

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

I'm not quite sure how they carried out the investigation but I would have thought that after 4 months they would have found this out.

Bang on the money there Chrisinth.

There are a couple of explanations to their lack of investigation. Maybe they thought Little Toad would come clean, and reveal all, or other news items would come along and allow this one to slide away with time as in the Red Bull case. The International press has this one in their teeth however. Not sure about the Thai news.

Is it just TVForum members that are interested? If I ask the wife she just shrugs her shoulders.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

When you buy these watches they usually ask you to fill out a few things for warranty and service purposes. I took an omega back to siam paragon to adjust the strap after I bought it there 5 years ago and they knew where I bought it etc from the serial numbers on the watch. I didn't even have the purchase and authentication cards that come with it with me .

I bought some Rolex and Rado watches in Laos. Took them to England and gave them to friends. Don't think they could be traced back.

Edited by owl sees all

6 hours ago, JOC said:

Seriously.....?

Was that the best a serial-liar could come up with...?

Does this so sadly deceased friend have a name?

Show me the will and the documents of purchase and ownership transfer you lying POS 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Yes, that is the weird and ridiculous thing about 'Thai face': Thais are so desperate not to lose face that, when in a tight corner, they come out with the most idiotic claims and obvious nonsense, which no one can possibly believe - and so they actually lose face TOTALLY.  But they just don't see it!

The military are too dumb to see it and dumb enough to think that the Thai people are fooled........when they certainly aren't, but the Thai folk are used to being lied to on a regular basis, so that's what they expect: lies upon lies.

• Like 1

Nacc dont know what they are doing. I see this idiot style feet dragging everywhere. I used to think people are playing dum here but ive come to realize its not like that at all. They really are that dumb. 

Arrest the pig please. I want to see this pig shackled asap. Im sure the watches arent expensive compared to what else this pigs got.

8 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Same tactic as in the Red Bull case then: "Case stuck because farangs won't help us." A winning formula.

Or the Rolls Royce engines corruption case, if memory serves... Sorry, we asked for the records held overseas, but haven't been able to obtain them. Good Night!!!

6 hours ago, kannot said:

An d that they cant disclose the names as its a breach of confidence in their clientele

For sure unless requested by a Legal authority i.e Court Of Law and probably the NACC is not recognized so they won't give them any personal info.
Maybe just a thought.

Just call him out 

say you’re a lying SOAB unless you prove otherwise 

and if junta leader had any backbone he would have fired him already - under article 44 you used to dismiss other people 

Edited by phil2407
Delete please duplicate post

3 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

in thai politics is their any such thing as  PRIME MINISTERS QUESTION TIME  same as UK

Certainly no such thing as 'Prime Minister's Question Time' under a military junta - only Friday-night Laying Down the (Bogus) Law time!

The anti-graft body instead asked investigators to find out who was the real owner of all the watches, NACC secretary-general Worawit Sukboon told a press briefing

so what have they been doing for the past few months,  looking at pictures of watches and deciding their are only 22 different ones !

ps. they know who they belong to he told them just go look at the receipts

Edited by cookieqw

Worawit yesterday did not respond to a query on whether Prawit could have violated the law by receiving gifts worth more than Bt3,000, going by his claim that he had been given the luxury wristwatches by his friend.

the law is the law   -   this needs a response

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Just as predicted. If he was given them, he broke the law by not declaring the gifts. If he bought them, he broke the law not declaring them as assets and explaining where the million dollars came from.

This should be the catalyst for a full scale investigation of all his other assets, maids assets, gardeners assets etc. Instead they will just delay another 6 months until something more important comes along to take the attention away.

The NACC is a joke. If they can't make this stick they should be disbanded and start again with some honest people, if anyone can find some.

if after all this time all they can say is that there are 22 different watches - all i can say is these guys are at the top of their game