"It was like that when I found it"

Crossy

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Even under gravity a 1" pipe will empty a 2500 L tank fairly rapidly and the grass wasn't even really wet.

Don't really understand that remark.

If the grass wasn't even really wet, sounds to me as if the tab had been broken off quite some time ago, and the water soaked away already.

Or do i misread that?

We had the termite-company spraying the system which is under the house (many houses behind the cover on the wall).

It took a long time so i went to see what they were doing...they had broken one of the pipes which goes under the house because they didn't have the right connector to it....i have a load of those so gave them the right one....

This job costs 5000 baht so i would expect to see a professional company with the right tools here, but forget that in Thailand.

You have to check the Thai ALL THE TIME, and of course they said that the pipe was already broken (this house is only 8 years old now)...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I generally do all of my own maintenance now, even though the landlord has a supposed handyman available. Watching this supposed professional at work is seriously funny. He takes four times longer than the job takes me, and he bodges just about everything. Put the front door lock and handles in upside down and back to front, five tries at the stop cock on the water tank, and the list goes on. Nothing is ever his fault. The fitting isn't right. The lock has bad instructions.

I put it down to stupidity and incompetence, that they just are unable to admit to, which sadly means, they are never going to learn.

Its hard to find good technicians, though i had a new front gate installed and I can only applaud them for their workmanship (on the gate and how straight it hangs ect). Tough admittedly some things could have done better but would have meant a multi day job instead of a few hours. They cut away the old fence leaving some holes in the cement where it was anchored. Back in the west they would plug those holes and paint over them (adding a day to dry ect) Here they did not, its not really in view.. but its differences like this. Of course I would have had to pay more then for the extra work too to be fair. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

Just had a guy working these apartment we've been doing bit by bit over nearly 3 years. 

He had fixed other stuff OK so we left some bathroom accessories with him a mirror & a shelf that goes above the sink, bad idea.

He must of become obsessed the shelf was a arms length up for my Mrs and she couldn't step far enough back to see in the mirror. :laugh:

• Like 1

I think the difference is that we (westerners) eventually grow up and become a man. And learn

to admit when we did something wrong and stand up to it, like a man should do.

Thais, well, they never grow up. I once confronted my worker in a similar situation. It was 100%

obvious that he f*cked something up, it was not a big deal, but he came with some excuse

like little gree aliens did it ...

He was so furious that I confronted him, his face turned red and his entire body started shaking ....

children ....

luudee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, canopy said:

Because these people have never done anything wrong in their entire lives. Their minds are wired to instantly find an excuse rather than accept any responsibility.

Yeah, I know, I really just needed a bit of a vent. And the valve didn't pop off again when we fired up the big pump :smile:

Deny all responsibility and admit to nothing mantra!

I have gone through quite a few gardeners, ones that cut water pipes, poisoned fish (Lotus need fertilizer) and helped themselves to various spray and hose fittings.

The' invisible man' keeps himself busy at my place.....

• Haha 1

Today the trees at the condo were cut, comical watching, no fore warning to move vehicles, luckily I was present to move mine. A fence that has lasted 20 years is now crushed due to their amaturish work.....no doubt it was already like that......would be their answer....

• Like 1

You think you have a problem? I asked the electrician to fir the switches in the carport, to press down for on, not the Thaiway. His answer; 'Cannot do, have to twist the wires, it not work'. I had to walk away as it took all my concentration to keep a straight face. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have an electrician who thinks he's going to charge me 2 X the point price for a double socket. I made him take one off and showed him one conduit, one set of cables and one connection point on the back, same as a single socket. I was tempted to smack him round the head for insulting my intelligence.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are never at fault! Surely you must know that by now. To accept they are at fault would require  some sort of sense of responsibility. In almost 20 years I have never found a Thai that has a sense of responsibility. It is all just Karma.

Even when they wash your mobile phone in your jacket pocket and it comes out of the washing machine totalled - THEY did not break it, the washing mashine did!

• Like 1